Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

18.02.2019 03:22
fans, its frustrating as we want Antworten

The big race of this weekend is Saturdays Arlington Million at Arlington Park, just north of Chicago. And it says a lot about a race when it can wrest the stakes spotlight this time of year from Saratoga and Del Mar.Then again, the Arlington Million has always been a big deal. Its a true trailblazer that broke a glass ceiling the previous existence of which now seems almost quaint.The Arlington Million was first run in 1981, and its inaugural running was won by the great John Henry narrowly over The Bart in a photo that some folks dispute to this very day. As if to address the matter, John Henry went back to Arlington three years later and won the 1984 Million decisively.In any case, the thrilling finish of the first Million was really only part of the story, and maybe not even the biggest part. The Million was special before it was even consummated, and that was because of its purse.As the name suggests, the Arlington Million carried a purse of $1,000,000, making it the first ever million dollar Thoroughbred race. And that made it a major deal in the racing world, and I mean world. The then outsized purse proved a powerful lure for overseas horsemen, spurring international competition.Its funny, but I feel as though I have to explain what a thing it was for the Million to break the seven-figure purse barrier because many who became fans of the sport later on might not fully comprehend the significance of the moment.This is understandable. Certainly the advent and evolution of the Breeders Cup has reset the frame of reference of what big purses in U.S. Thoroughbred racing mean. This year, the 13 Breeders Cup races will have a total value of $25.5 million, with a minimum purse of $1 million that actually applies only to five Breeders Cup races, and spiraling up to $4 million for the Turf, to $6 million for the Classic.But even when you set aside the 13 Breeders Cup races, it might surprise you to know that the Arlington Million, once all alone in terms of value, now has company this year in the form of a staggering 29 other North American stakes with seven figure purses.The Triple Crown races are, of course, members of this club. The 2016 Kentucky Derby had a purse of $2 million, while the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes had purses of $1.5 million, each.The state-to-state breakdown of where these seven figure stakes are run is quite revealing. The Belmont Stakes is one of 11 million-dollar plus events this year in New York, by far the most of any state when you exclude the Breeders Cup, which you must since it is a floating country unto itself, although not nearly as much as it used to be.The state with the next highest number of million dollar-plus races is Kentucky, which has three others in addition to the Derby.Its a bit surprising to me that California has only three million dollar races to call its own (the Breeders Cup will be at Santa Anita this year, but ?), the same as Canada, and only one more than Louisiana and Pennsylvania. But I was also surprised that Florida, which is a major racing center for about 4-1/2 months a year, has only one seven figure race, the same number as West Virginia.That, however, is scheduled to change on Jan. 28, the date of the inaugural $12 million Pegasus World Cup, which, for the moment, anyway, has surpassed the $10 million Dubai World Cup as the richest horse race in the world.Man, just look at what the Arlington Million started. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Jeremy-Lane-Jersey/ . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Corey-Moore-Jersey/ . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Donta-Foreman-Jersey/ . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Ka-Imi-Fairbairn-Jersey/ . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Alfred-Blue-Jersey/ . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. Fernando Alonso says Honda has been invigorated by McLarens recent form, something he believes will help it find the bigger step needed to be a race-winner in 2017.McLaren has scored five top-eight finishes in the last six races, having promised after the summer break to finish the season as best of the rest in terms of pace behind Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari. Ahead of Hondas home race in Japan this weekend, Alonso thinks there are plenty of reasons to be encouraged.We are happy with the progress we made this year and definitely we are able to fight with some competitive teams there, like Force India, Williams, he said. Weve finished four times seventh, after the top teams, in the last five races, so its definitely a step forward and we are enjoying this process of starting to be competitive.But looking at next year I dont think we can see anything that is clearly positive or negative. I think everything will change massively. We need to work and be very focussed on next years car in a way now that is only theoretical, simulators, windtunnel numbers and dyno numbers, etc. I dont think the performance of the actual car is a reference for next year. So thats one thing... We want to be more competitive next year.A big step has been done from last year to next year, but we need another bigger step for next year which is going from the last Q3 spots and some points to fighting for podiums and wins. I think its still possible, we have the potential, we have the facilities, we have talented people. This project is, as weve said many times, a question of time when we will be able to win.dddddddddddd We are trying to make it as quickly as possible.Alonso says the recent results have given Honda added motivation as it targets a winning car under 2017s radical rule changes.When asked to compare Honda to his experiences with Renault and Ferrari, he replied: I found it very interesting from day one, working with Honda. I think the philosophy and approach they have to racing in general, and in some extent to life, is interesting. Im a big fan of Japanese culture and traditions and I think they translate that into racing philosophy. Theyve been following their programme -- sometimes for us, sportsmen or fans, its frustrating as we want everything now, or tomorrow, but theres not this magic solution in Formula One, everything needs some time.But they are doing their job and doing the maximum. They are following their times...Everything made in Japan, only with Japanese people, and its their mission, so Im very proud to be part of this project since day one. And now the results are coming I think they are more motivated and starting to be more creative in terms of design and progress.Alonso also confirmed he will be running the upgraded Honda power unit he took on Friday in Malaysia, before switching back to the old specification in order to avoid taking a penalty at Suzuka. However, the Spaniard said the upgrade was for reliability and has has exactly the same power as the old specification Jenson Button will run.? Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz