Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 109 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

18.02.2019 03:22
regaining the form that made him the Opening Antworten

For someone like Juwan Howard Jr., summer league is a chance to experience his dream job.Same goes for his dad.Juwan Howard played 19 seasons in the NBA, but this summer hes been a rookie again. Howard, the Miami Heat assistant coach, is serving as the teams head coach for summer league -- a job that comes with long hours, little sleep and a chance to learn what it really means to oversee a roster.My goal is to get better and better as a coach, said Howard, whose son of the same name is also on the Heat summer roster. This is my first time being a head coach at summer league. Im happy that I had two years experience as an assistant so I had an idea as far as what it would be like ... but I want to be the most well-prepared coach as I grow, year after year until I get my chance.Such is the quest for plenty of people who were on the sidelines in Orlando and Salt Lake City, and now in Las Vegas this summer. Everyone is getting experience in this hectic few weeks of games -- that goes for players, referees and coaches, many of whom are hoping that what they do now might eventually get them into the NBA job they want.This is an experience you cant really get during the regular season, said Utah assistant Johnnie Bryant, the Jazz summer league coach. You can go work camps and its kind of not really real, per se. To have NBA referees, to have NBA fans in the building, NBA players out there on the floor -- theres no better experience than actually coaching summer league.The vast majority of summer league head coaches are assistants in the NBA. Some have been college head coaches, like Detroits Bob Beyer, the former boss at Siena. Sacramento coach Dave Joerger coached the Kings first games in Las Vegas before handing off the proverbial clipboard to move into more of an overseeing role, and newly hired Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton has been on his teams summer sideline as well. San Antonios Becky Hammon made headlines last summer for being a female coach, and then she guided the Spurs to a title.There is also something to the notion that when someone like Howard speaks, guys who are on summer rosters and looking for jobs will listen. Howard doesnt need to be working; he signed contracts worth more than $150 million in his playing career, and the guys on Miamis summer team are more than a little aware of who is taking time to teach them the nuance of the game.Hes new to head-coaching, Heat guard Josh Richardson said. But when he says something, you know hes been through it. When I got drafted by Miami he was the example they would use as a professional. So his credibility, you cant question it.Howard wasnt the only coach with an elite-playing pedigree this summer. Basketball Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing -- a longtime NBA assistant who has been a candidate for bigger jobs several times in recent years -- was Charlottes summer-league coach again, as he continues to wait for that opportunity to one day be a head coach for real.I use every day to develop myself as a coach. Right now Im the head coach, so that feels good, Ewing said. Its all about learning. I keep on learning. I try to learn every day, with every chance I get, and just try to be the best coach that I possibly can be.Howard can totally relate.He could be golfing or relaxing this summer. Instead he slept through July 4 fireworks that were going on not far from his window in Orlando because he had been up most of the night before working on sets and out-of-bounds plays, and confessed that its not uncommon for him to get only about four hours of sleep a night because his mind is spinning.I love basketball, Howard said. This is a passion of mine, from the time I was in sixth grade. I feel like this is my calling. I always said when I was done playing that I wanted to stay around the game. And before I arrived in Miami I always said front office, front office, front office. That might be something I explore later on, but for now I want to be in the trenches with this organization. I want to be a coach.---AP Sports Writer Kareem Copeland in Salt Lake City contributed to this report. Air Jordan 1 Wholesale China . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. Air Jordan 1 For Sale Cheap . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. http://www.airjordan1wholesale.com/ . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Air Jordan 1 Retro Cheap . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Air Jordan 1 Wholesale . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. The first time the Oakland Athletics and the Toronto Blue Jays met this season, each teams situation was a lot different than it is now.The Athletics were on a roll. When they beat the Blue Jays 8-5 on the opener of a three-game series at Rogers Centre on April 22, they increased their winning streak to six games to go to 10-7 and they were 7-0 on the road.The Blue Jays dropped to 8-10 as they were slow out of the gate in defense of their American League East title.Sonny Gray was the winning pitcher that night. He has not won since, and emerges from the All-Star break at 3-8. The losing pitcher was Aaron Sanchez, who has not lost since and his 9-1 record earned him an appearance in the All-Star Game.The Blue Jays won the next two games of the series in April and hold a 2-1 edge on the season series when they visit the As for a three-game series on Friday.Toronto right-hander Marcus Stroman (7-4, 4.89 ERA) will oppose Oakland right-hander Daniel Mengden (1-4, 4.54 ERA).The Athletics left Toronto and lost 12 of their next 16 games. They lost seven of their final 10 games before the All-Star break and sit at 38-51 and are 15 games behind the first-place Texas Rangers in the American League West.I feel that the best of this team is yet to come, As third baseman Danny Valencia said. We havent played our best baseball yet.The Blue Jays still stalled around the .500 mark before entering the All-Star break on an 18-7 roll and were 51-40 at the break, third in the AL East and only two games out of first place. They currently occupy a wild-card spot and are 24-20 on the road,Our goal is still to win the division, Blue Jays third baseman Josh Donaldson said. We feel very comfortable. I think we were seven back at the break last year and now we are just two back. We feel like we are just now starting to play our type of baseball and feel very comfortable with the position we are in and moving forward.Donaldson is in his second season with the Blue Jays. The Athletics traded him to Toronto before the 2015 season and watched from afar as he won the American League Most Valuable Player Award.In 36 games since June 1, Donaldson has hit .376/.506/.722 with 10 homers and 34 RBI.This will be his second visitt to his former home ballpark.ddddddddddddLast year when the Blue Jays visited Oakland, he was 5-for-13 with a home run, two doubles and five RBI.As first baseman Yonder Alonso has batted .307/.367/.439 with three homers and 12 RBI in 36 games since June 1.Im very optimistic and I definitely feel were not that far away, Alonso said. With that being said, weve got a lot of work to do.I think we have a chance to be a lot better in the second half, Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. We have guys back now as far as health goes. If we can stay healthy, we have the potential to have a lot better half than we had in the first half.While the As may be talking a good game of optimism, the Blue Jays have genuine hopes that they will continue their surge because they have accomplished what they have so far while Stroman has often struggled. They also have been without right fielder Jose Bautista, who has been out with turf toe since June 17 and is expected to return in late-July,Stroman has shown signs of regaining the form that made him the Opening Day starter. He is 5-4 with a 5.04 ERA in his past 15 starts but has made some adjustments and the results have been encouraging. He held the Kansas City Royals to three hits, one walk and two runs in eight innings in winning on July 6.That was as good as youre ever going to see him, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. He had everything working, really sharp. A really good breaking ball, you name it. He had starts in which he struggled, but the last two or three have been really good. I know he feels good about that, thats what weve been looking for.Stroman has faced the As once in his career, in 2014 at Oakland when he allowed three hits, three walks and no runs over seven innings. He struck out seven in the no decision and Oakland won 1-0 in 12 innings.Mengden, a 23-year-old who was called up on June 11, will get the start in the opener, replacing Rich Hill who was scratched because of a blister.Mengden will be making his seventh start. He allowed six runs and six hits in 4 2/3 innings last Friday in a no-decision at Houston. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz