Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 78 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

18.02.2019 03:23
the podium for two years, Antworten

SEATTLE -- Ken Griffey Jr. strode out from beyond the center-field wall, walked deliberately between the 2 and 4 emblazed on the Safeco Field grass, kissed his fingers and reached to touch the spot of the field he once patrolled.There was one more honor for The Kid this summer, and Griffey soaked up every moment.Griffeys No. 24 was retired by the Seattle Mariners on Saturday night with an emotional outpouring from fans that had the new Hall of Famer fighting back tears. The Mariners retired the number throughout the organization, and the final time it was worn came during batting practice when every member of the roster and coaching staff took the field with No. 24 on their jersey.The nearly hour-long program included former teammates, special Hall of Fame guests from other sports and an eloquent five-minute video narrated by Grammy Award rapper Macklemore that brought the stadium to its feet and left very few dry eyes.It also included a video message from Willie Mays, who chided Griffey for not returning Mays call after Griffeys Hall of Fame induction was announced in January. So Griffey pulled out his cellphone and called Mays -- but had to leave a message, he said.Griffey entered the stadium, appropriately, through center field, stopping along the way in the sun-drenched outfield to acknowledge the roaring ovation. It was an opportunity for those who didnt make the trip to see Griffey inducted in Cooperstown to give their thanks for what Griffey meant to baseball in the Pacific Northwest.I cant really explain what the last two weeks have been like. Its been unforgettable, Griffey said. The fans, the people, I walk down the street and Im getting high-fives like I just scored again. Thats a tribute to you guys here, the way that you treat baseball players, basketball players, football players like people. You make us feel like part of the community, and I want to thank you guys.Griffey managed to maintain his composure until it came time for the unveiling of his retired number. The Mariners quietly pulled his daughter, Taryn, from the on-field ceremony and repositioned her in left-center field to pull the curtain that was covering the No. 24, placed right next to Jackie Robinsons No. 42.Griffey couldnt hold back the tears at that point, dabbing his eyes with his tie.Its only fitting from here forward Kens No. 24 will be displayed next to Jackie Robinsons No. 42, Mariners president Kevin Mather said.Mather also announced that the team will construct a statue of Griffey outside of Safeco Field to be unveiled in 2017.Griffeys speech was nearly 20 minutes shorter than his Hall of Fame induction speech, and he was able to keep the emotions in check as he cracked on former teammates and honored the city where he broke in as a 19-year-old in 1989.Ive had so many great memories in this city. Its been an unbelievable ride, he said.The Mariners pulled out all the stops, including the presence of Hall of Fame players from other Seattle professional franchises. Steve Largent and Cortez Kennedy represented the Seattle Seahawks, adorned in their gold Hall of Fame blazers, while Spencer Haywood and Gary Payton represented the Seattle SuperSonics. Payton, nicknamed The Glove, presented Griffey with a bronzed glove created by the same group that made Griffeys Hall of Fame plaque.And the Mariners brought in a pair of No. 24s in the Baseball Hall of Fame with a special connection to Griffey: Rickey Henderson, a teammate in Seattle, and Tony Perez, a teammate of Griffeys father in Cincinnati. Henderson also was the punchline of the parting shot to Griffeys speech.Rickey, you were the greatest, Griffey said. Today, I am the greatest. Karlos Dansby Jersey . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Mike Iupati Jersey . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. http://www.officialauthenticcardinalsshop.com/authentic-blaine-gabbert-jersey.html . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Drew Stanton Jersey . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Jared Veldheer Jersey . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. LEVI, Finland -- It took Austrias Marcel Hirscher just two races to get back to where he finished each of the past five seasons -- on top of the mens World Cup overall standings.Hirscher overcame an illness on the eve of the slalom opener on Sunday to lead teammate Michael Matt for an Austrian 1-2 finish.The five-time overall champion finished a huge 1.30 seconds ahead of Matt to clinch his 40th career win. It was the first Austrian 1-2 finish in a World Cup slalom since Hirscher beat Michael Matts older brother, Mario, at the same venue three years ago.Manfred Moelgg of Italy was 1.31 seconds back in third for his first podium finish in nearly three years, while Germanys Felix Neureuther came another 0.10 further behind in fourth.Physically it went very well. I have no pains. Yesterday it was really bad but this morning I knew it would work out, said Hirscher, who suffered from an inflammation of the middle ear.He skipped Saturdays training and decided only in the morning hours before the race to start. He headed back to his hotel for treatment immediately after completing his first run.Hirscher overtook Alexis Pinturault on top of the overall standings. The Frenchman, who beat the Austrian to win the season-opening GS last month, finished 1.87 behind in 11th. Hirscher has 180 points, 56 clear of Pinturault.Hirschers victory also put the Austrian level with Pirmin Zurbriggen on the all-time winners list. Only four skiers have won more races in the 50-year history of the World Cup -- Ingemar Stenmark (86), Hermann Maier (54), Alberto Tomba (50), and Marc Girardelli (46).I felt no pressure at all, Hirscher told The Associated Press. For me personally, I have won already a lot of races and I am done with `I have to win races.Matt, who improved from sixth to second for his first career podium result, said he was more nervous for my first run than for my second as I knew by then that everything was OK. He described being on the podium as an amazing feeling.I made a big step in the summer physically and mentally and the goals were top-10 results and now with the first race podium, its amazing, he said.Marco Schwarz, who trailed Hirscher by just 0.21 after the first run, slid off the course and didnt finish his final run, but another Austrian, Manuel Feller, took fifth.Austrias slalom team lost several big names as Benjamin Raich, Mario Matt and Reinfried Herbst all retired in the past two seasons.dddddddddddd But Hirscher said the many young and upcoming talents on the team help him to further improve.Its perfect in training, said Hirscher, who has won 19 slaloms in his career. It wasnt easy for me in the beginning but the young guys really give me motivation. Thats truly super.Hirscher didnt want to give his huge winning margin too much meaning as his main rival from last season, Henrik Kristoffersen, skipped the race.One guy was missing, the fastest from last year. But it was a great race, Hirscher said.Kristoffersen, who won six slaloms last year to claim the discipline title, sat out the race amid a dispute with the Norwegian ski federation over sponsorship rights. The federations rules wont allow Kristoffersen to sign a personal sponsor for his helmet.Hirscher said its pretty bad that ... the fastest slalom skier of the last season isnt competing now and added that he hopes they can find a solution.Hopefully hes back in the next races because I have to see how close I can get to his pace, he said.Moelgg, who tore his Achilles tendon in 2014 and hadnt been on the podium for two years, was pushed into third place by Matt who beat him by 1/100th of a second.He was visibly upset but later conceded hed made a little bit of a mistake in the last part and was happy to be back on the podium.One-hundredth (of a second) is OK, now its OK. After the injury two years ago ... last year was not so easy, he said, adding that his goal was to be among the top five or top seven. Thats my motivation, and I think I can do it.Britains Dave Ryding, who was fourth after the opening run, dropped to sixth for his career-best result. And the winner of the final slalom of last season, Andre Myhrer of Sweden, failed to qualify for the second leg after he skied out of the course halfway through his run.Tough conditions included temperatures of about 18 F (minus 8 C) and clouds hanging low over the Arctic course in Finnish Lapland -- in the northernmost World Cup competition. Several racers complained about their goggles freezing up during their runs.The mens World Cup continues in Lake Louise, Alberta, with a downhill and a super-G on Nov. 26-27. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz