Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 106 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

22.02.2019 03:49
Israeli team members looking on, Antworten

DETROIT -- For most of the Boston Red Sox, Sunday was a day to forget.It wasnt a great success -- they lost 10-5 to the Detroit Tigers -- but rookie Andrew Benintendi is going to remember it for a long time.Benintendi struck out in his last at-bat Friday night, then went 0 for 3 with three whiffs on Saturday. When Justin Verlander got him again in the third inning on Sunday, he knew he needed to fix something.When you strike out five straight times, you have time to think about how the pitchers are attacking you, he said. I thought I had a pretty good idea what I should be expecting.Benintendi led off the sixth inning with a triple off Verlander, the first of his career.Then in the seventh, Benintendi connected for his first home run, a drive off Shane Greene.That was pretty cool, especially because my family was here to see it, he said. I wasnt sure it was going to get out until I saw J.D. (Martinez) give up on it. After that, I just wanted to run fast enough to avoid any trouble. You cant jog on your first one.John Farrell thought the two big hits were one of Bostons few bright spots.Its always good to see a kid hit his first homer, because it gets that off their mind, Farrell said. We know this is a young man with a lot of talent, and hes going to keep hitting.Benintendi didnt have a chance of keeping up with Justin Upton, though.Upton broke out of a slump with a pair of three-run homers.This was a good day, he said. Its my brothers birthday, Mom and Dad are here and my wife and kid are here, Upton said.The Tigers won for just the fourth time in 14 games, and went 2-5 on their stay at Comerica Park. Boston has lost just two of its last 10.Martinez had a pair of doubles for the Tigers.Verlander (13-7) allowed one run on three hits in six innings before being pulled with a nine-run lead. He is 6-1 in his last 10 starts.Henry Owens (0-1) didnt find out he was pitching until late Saturday night and didnt arrive in Detroit from Triple-A until the early morning hours. He gave up eight runs on six hits and five walks in five innings.Eduardo Rodriguez was expected to return from a hamstring injury to pitch, but felt discomfort during Saturdays game, so Owens was summoned from Pawtucket.The Red Sox scored four times off Greene in the seventh, including Benintendis two-run homer.In his last scheduled game in Detroit, David Ortiz hit a 111-mph drive down the right-field line in the first. Instead of settling for his usual single, he took second on Martinez, leading to a joking exchange between the Red Sox star and Verlander after the inning.Weve had a lot of battles, Verlander said. That was just one of them.Ortiz batted for the final time in the eighth and received long standing ovations both before and after he grounded out. He tipped his cap to the crowd as he walked off.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: INF Devin Marrero was optioned back to Pawtucket to clear room for Owens.LAST PRESENT FOR BIG PAPIWhile the Tigers presented Ortiz with a large framed photo set on Saturday, he got another gift from his friends on the team on Sunday. Before the game, he was showing off a custom-made Venezuelan guitar that was decorated with scenes from his playing career.UP NEXTRed Sox: Boston travels to Tampa Bay on Monday, with former Ray David Price (11-8, 4.19) facing his old team in the opener. Blake Snell (4-5, 3.06) is scheduled to start for Tampa Bay. Pete Maravich Jersey . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Jeff Hornacek Jersey . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. http://www.officialjazzauthenticstore.com/kids-tony-bradley-jazz-jersey/ . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. Dante Exum Jersey .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. John Stockton Jersey . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. RIO DE JANEIRO -- IOC President Thomas Bach led a mourning ceremony Wednesday for the 11 Israeli athletes and coaches slain at the 1972 Munich Olympics, a tribute that a widow of one of the victims said brought closure for the families.Bach, his voice cracking with emotion, read out of the names of each of the 11 Israelis and the German policeman who died after a raid by Palestinian gunmen in the athletes village in Munich, the worst terror attack in Olympic history.With two widows of the victims and several current Israeli team members looking on, Bach said the Munich massacre was an attack not only on our fellow Olympians but also an assault on the values that the Olympic Village stands for.Bach led a minute of silence during the inauguration of a place of mourning in the athletes village in Rio de Janeiro. He hugged Ankie Spitzer and Ilana Romano, the widows of fencing coach Andre Spitzer and weightlifter Yossef Romano.Bach also read out of the name of Nodar Kumaritashvili, the Georgian luger killed in a training crash on the eve of the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver.Families of the Munich victims have campaigned for years for greater public recognition for the dead from the International Olympic Committee.dddddddddddd The IOC faced criticism for refusing to hold a moment of silence for the Israeli victims during the opening of the 2012 London Games, 40 years after the attack.We waited for this for 44 years, to have this remembrance and recognition of our loved ones who were killed so brutally in Munich, Ankie Spitzer said Wednesday. We wanted them to be really accepted as members of the Olympic family. Now that President Bach had a minute of silence in the Olympic village, calling out the names of our loves ones, this is closure for us.I cannot explain how emotional I am, how much this means for us.Romano said: I never believed its going to come after 44 years. This is a moment of history.The mourning area inaugurated Wednesday is located in a quiet outdoor spot in the village where athletes can remember family, friends and others who have died.The ceremony was attended by athletes in Israeli, German and Georgian team uniforms. The memorial includes two stones from Ancient Olympia in Greece and the inscription: We will always remember you forever in our hearts. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz