Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

27.02.2019 08:45
Rob Refsnyder on a game-ending double-play g Antworten

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Marcus Mariota knows hes trying to do too much at times to help the Tennessee Titans win, so much that hes had far too many turnovers already this season.The second-year quarterback promises hes working as fast as possible to learn from his mistakes.Theres certain situations that are new to me, Im kind of experiencing on the fly, Mariota said Wednesday. Thats part of this process for me. Its part of the process for any young player. Ill continue to learn and grow.Ball security was a focus this offseason for the quarterback taken No. 2 overall out of Oregon in 2015.Mariota was intercepted 10 times and lost six fumbles in 12 games started as a rookie. Through three games this season, Mariota already has lost two fumbles and been intercepted four times.Tennessee (1-2) is tied for last in the NFL, scoring just 14 points per game and has scored only one offensive touchdown in the first half through three games. That came in the second quarter of the season opener.Well, its the turnovers, and thats on me and things that I can improve on, Mariota said. Thats going to hurt our team no matter what happens or where its going to be at. So if I do a better job taking care of the football, our team will be in better position.Only four quarterbacks have more interceptions than Mariota, whose four picks tie him with Ben Roethlisberger of Pittsburgh, Houstons Brock Osweiler, Carson Palmer of Arizona, Baltimores Joe Flacco and Ryan Tannehill of Miami.Titans coach Mike Mularkey refuses to let Mariota take the blame for his turnovers alone. Mularkey said everybodys at fault, including coaches.The Titans are working with the quarterback on better protecting the ball in practice, something they will keep doing until they get it right.This past game, we had some situations, I thought we could have made some plays on those balls, Mularkey said.Mariota finally will play his first game Sunday against AFC South opponent Houston (2-1). The quarterback missed both games against the Texans as a rookie because of injury, and now he will play the defending divisional champ with J.J. Watt -- the three-time Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year -- out after re-injuring his back.Yeah, thats kind of weird now that you think about it, Mariota said of finally facing a division opponent in his second season. Again, you never want to see a guy go down, and you just wish him well.Watt had 2+ sacks when the Texans sacked Zach Mettenberger seven times in a 20-6 win last season , and Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk fired coach Ken Whisenhunt two days later.Texans coach Bill OBrien said facing Mariota is a big challenge.When he gets out on the perimeter and hes able to use his skill as a runner, its tough ..., OBrien said. Hes doing a good job throwing the ball from the pocket. Hes definitely a dual-threat quarterback.Game notes Mularkey said WR Kendall Wright (left hamstring) practiced fully Wednesday, and the Titans are hoping he plays for the first time this season Sunday. TE Delanie Walker (right hamstring) was held out of practice as the Titans work to get him back on the field. Starting LG Quinton Spain (ankle) did not practice, and starting WR Tajae Sharpe (hamstring) was limited along with CB Cody Riggs (hamstring).---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker Air Max 270 Cheap Sale . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Air Max 270 Clearance . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. http://www.airmax270cheapsale.com/ . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Air Max 270 Wholesale . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Air Max 270 Sale Online .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. NEW YORK -- Jay Bruce, indeed, broke loose.Bruce launched a three-run homer for his first hit since being traded, Bartolo Colon took a shutout into the seventh inning and the New York Mets beat the Yankees 4-1 Thursday night for a split of the Subway Series.Bruce had been 0 for 10 since being acquired from Cincinnati on Monday before his drive into the Yankees bullpen in right-center field made it 4-0 in the fifth inning.I told some guys it felt like my first major league homer running around the bases, he said.Bruces 26th homer gave him the NL RBI lead with 83, ended an 0-for-19 rut overall and made him 5-for-56 against the Yankees. He cracked a smile on the way back to the dugout, where Colon and his new teammates greeted him with hearty high-fives.Thats what he can do, Mets manager Terry Collins said. I think its big for everybody.After each team won once at Citi Field earlier this week, the Mets took the wrapup of the two-game set at Yankee Stadium.Colon (10-6) gave up six hits in 6 2/3 innings in earning his 228th victory, most among active players. The 43-year-old righty, who spent 2011 with the Yankees, became the first pitcher to win a Subway Series game for each New York team, the Elias Sports Bureau said.He doesnt quite throw as hard as when we had him. He was probably 92-93 (mph). He gets up to 91 now. But its still the same guy, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. Hes been doing it for a long time. Its impressive what he does at 43 years old. Hes just got incredible control with really good movement.Colon struck out Brett Gardner to begin the first and fanned no one else, and he walked none. Colon escaped a two-on, no-out jam in the second while retiring 13 of 14 batters.I would say all of my stuff was working, Colon said through a translator.Jerry Blevins took over for Colon and gave up an RBI single to Aaron Hicks. The reliever had stranded his previous 19 inherited runners.Addison Reed pitched a perfect eighth and Jeurys Familia worked around a pair of onne-out singles for his 38th save in 40 chances, retiring Rob Refsnyder on a game-ending double-play grounder over the third-base bag.dddddddddddd Kelly Johnson gloved the ball, stepped on the base and threw to first.Johnson lined the first pitch from Nathan Eovaldi (9-8) in the fifth over the right-field wall. Curtis Granderson doubled with one out, and Eovaldi made a late throw trying to catch him on a comebacker by Alejandro De Aza. With two outs, Bruce homered.Every non-out relaxes me a little bit, Bruce said. I make plenty of outs.The Mets outhomered the Yankees 8-2 in the four-game series, connecting twice each day. The Yankees lead their city rivals 62-46 in regular-season interleague play and beat them in the 2000 World Series.De Aza started in center field after the Mets put slugging outfielder Yoenis Cespedes on the disabled list and De Aza made the defensive play of the night. He raced into the right-center gap for a diving, backhanded catch to rob Didi Gregorius in the fourth.JAYS JACKSThe last six hits for Bruce have all been home runs. ... Of his 99 hits this season, 54 have been for extra bases.TRAINERS ROOMMets: Cespedes (quadriceps) joined David Wright, Lucas Duda, Matt Harvey, Jose Reyes, Juan Lagares, Asdrubal Cabrera and more Mets on the disabled list. Collins said hed never overseen a team hit so hard by injuries.Yankees: 1B Mark Teixeira was out of the lineup, a day after being hit on the left shin by a pitch from LHP Steven Matz.UP NEXTMets: RHP Noah Syndergaard (9-5, 2.48) faces the Tigers for the first time. He is 0-2 in his last four starts. The Mets will try for back-to-back wins for the first time since July 6-7.Yankees: RHP Michael Pineda (5-10, 5.13) starts at home, pitching vs. the Indians for the first time in his career. Mike Napoli and Brandon Guyer are the only Cleveland batters who have hit against Pineda. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz