Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 86 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

28.02.2019 03:22
The team said Headley became the Antworten

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Chase Headley hustled to New York, eager to help his new team right away. Thats exactly what he did — about 4 1/2 hours after pulling on his pinstripes. Headley came through with a storybook swing at the stroke of midnight in his Yankees debut, hitting a game-winning single in the 14th inning to give New York a 2-1 victory over the Texas Rangers on Tuesday night. "A little chaotic. Awesome, though," said Headley, acquired from San Diego in an afternoon trade. "Mixed emotions, but I couldnt be happier." Derek Jeter broke Lou Gehrigs franchise record for doubles, and the Yankees won an unlikely pitching duel after rookie starters Chase Whitley and Nick Martinez both entered with a 5.10 ERA. J.P. Arencibia snapped a scoreless tie with a leadoff homer in the 13th against New York reliever David Huff, but the Yankees responded with Brett Gardners leadoff double and Jacoby Ellsburys tying single off closer Joakim Soria in the bottom half. Most seats were empty by the time Brian Roberts doubled with one out in the 14th off Nick Tepesch (3-6), who threw 99 pitches over 4 1-3 innings during Sundays start in Toronto. Roberts was held at third on Francisco Cervellis single before Headley looped a single to left-centre just as the clock struck midnight. "Sometimes these things happen. I had a chance earlier to get it done. Theres a lot of nerves, but then I thought, why wouldnt this day go this way?" he said. "I was yanking off everything and made an adjustment and shot it the other way." Headley raised one arm as he ran to first and was soon mobbed by his happy new teammates. He was doused with a sports drink by Gardner during a postgame television interview. "Unbelievable," Headley said after going 1 for 4. "Im excited to be here. I cant wait to help, and just to be a part of this great franchise." The third baseman left the Padres in Chicago and caught a flight that landed at LaGuardia Airport about 6:30 p.m. An hour later, he was in uniform shaking hands with other Yankees in the dugout during the top of the second inning. "I was expecting to play," Headley said. He struck out as a pinch hitter in the eighth and had a great chance to win it in the 12th when he grounded out with the bases loaded to end the inning. The 2012 Gold Glove winner also made a leaping grab to end the 10th. "Hes had a whirlwind of a day," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "Hes a new chip for us." Jeff Francis (1-1) worked a scoreless inning to win his Yankees debut in a game that took 4 hours, 51 minutes. "We didnt give in. We didnt give up," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "We didnt give them the game. They beat us." It was New Yorks third walk-off win this season — and second in three days. The team said Headley became the first player to get a game-ending hit in his Yankees debut since Roy Weatherly against the Washington Senators on April 22, 1943, according to research by the Elias Sports Bureau. The teams combined to use 17 pitchers. Minus ailing slugger Mark Teixeira, the Yankees were held scoreless for 17 straight innings by a last-place team with the highest ERA in the American League by half a run. Looking to upgrade that sagging lineup, New York obtained Headley from the Padres for rookie infielder Yangervis Solarte and minor league pitcher Rafael De Paula. Jeter hit his 535th double in the ninth, snapping a tie with Gehrig. Carlos Beltran grounded into an inning-ending double play against Neal Cotts. It was the longest scoreless game for the Yankees since they beat Boston 2-0 in 15 innings on Alex Rodriguezs two-run homer Aug. 7, 2009. NOTES: Rangers RF Alex Rios missed his third straight game with a sprained right ankle, but Washington hopes Rios will be able to play Wednesday night. Rios ran before the game and was scheduled to go through a full workout during batting practice. ... Rangers C Geovany Soto went on the 15-day DL with a strained right groin, less than a week after he returned from right knee surgery that had kept him out all season. ... Kelly Johnson started in right field for the first time in his career as Girardi rested slumping Ichiro Suzuki. Johnson made a nice running catch in deep right-centre to begin the 10th, but came out with discomfort in his groin before the 11th. He was replaced by Suzuki and went for an MRI. ... Headley is wearing No. 12 with New York. In San Diego he wore No. 7, which was retired by the Yankees in honour of Mickey Mantle. Orlando Cepeda Jersey . Rooneys latest piece of football genius lost in the furore which now stalks David Moyes, and the man who gave the Manchester United striker his start as a 16-year old at Goodison Park back in 2002. Buster Posey Jersey . At times during a solid but not spectacular season, they looked all three. Still the defending AFC champions persevered, riding their top-ranked defence and key contributions from younger players to a 12-4 record and their eighth playoff appearance since 2000, remarkable consistency in a league where change is the only constant. http://www.cheapsanfranciscogiantsjerseys.com/. -- The Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a minor league contract with reliever Brandon Lyon that includes an invitation to their big league camp for spring training. Cheap Giants Jerseys Authentic .com) - Colorado may be ahead of the Vancouver Canucks in the Western Conference standings, but they are a club that the Avalanche may want to avoid in the playoffs. Cheap Giants Jerseys . -- Houstons All-Star tandem of James Harden and Dwight Howard refused to let the Rockets give in to fatigue.BALTIMORE - Orioles third baseman Manny Machado began serving a five-game suspension Monday, nearly three weeks after Major League Baseball initially levied the sentence and five days after his appeal hearing. Machado was suspended and fined on June 10 for intentionally throwing his bat on the field during an at-bat in Baltimores game against Oakland on June 8. Machado immediately appealed the suspension, and spoke for about an hour Wednesday in an appeal hearing in Baltimore with MLB official Joe Garagiola Jr. The initial decision was upheld, meaning Machado will miss the Orioles four-game series against visiting Texas that began Monday, along with Friday nights game in Boston. "When we went in for an appeal I thought we had a good case, we had a great case," Machado said Monday afternoon. "We said what we had to say. It didnt come out how we wanted it to, but going into the appeal you know its going to be 50-50. Its something you cant control. I think we did the right thing, its a flip of the coin and we came up short. ... So now were just going to have to deal with the consequences." So will the Orioles, who will be forced to play with a 24-man roster. Chris Davis, who usually plays first base, was at third base on Monday night. "Thats the worst part about it. Were down a man," Machado said. "Obviously I dont want to put my team in that situation, especially five tough games." Machado tossed his bat in the direction of third base during a plate appearance in which Oakland reliever Fernando Abad threw successive high-and-tight pitches. After the bat went soaring, both benches emptied. Machado and Abad were ejected. Abad was fined but not suspended. "I didnt throw the bat at the pitcher. I didnt harm anybody. And Im going to get five games," Machado said. "I didnt charge the mound. I didnt get in a fight. ... This is an unfortunate event and Im going to have to deal with it." Orioles executive vice-president Dan Duquette said: "Obviously, we were disappointed. We were hoping the suspension would be reduced, and we thought there were good reasons it should have been reduced.dddddddddddd" In the opener of that series against the Athletics on June 6, Machado yelled in the face of Oaklands Josh Donaldson after the third baseman tagged him on the chest and caused him to lose his balance. Both benches emptied, but there were no ejections. "It sounded like they were giving him four games for the bat and they were also giving him an additional game for the Friday night," Duquette said. "I hadnt heard of a case where they went back and retroactively apply a suspension. ... The umpires didnt recommend any discipline; Manny stayed in the game. So that was kind of puzzling." Machado, 21, said he learned a lesson from the experience. "Dont do it again," he said. "You dont want to be in this situation. No one wants to be in it. Well just go from here and try to put this behind me and just go on playing baseball." Orioles manager Buck Showalter hoped the five-game sentence would be lowered after the appeal, but was ready to move on after the punishment remained in place. "It was surprising," Showalter said. "Were not going to dwell on it. We understand the rules and why things are in place for different reasons. There are repercussions for actions in baseball as there are in life in general. Hopefully, there will be some positive that comes out of it where Manny is concerned in the future and for all players, managers and coaches." Machado missed the first month of the 2014 season recovering from off-season knee surgery and got off to a slow start at the plate. Just before Mondays suspension, however, he had 10 hits over an eight-game span to raise his batting average 15 points to .239, and he also hit three home runs in his previous four starts. That made the timing of the suspension even tougher to take. "Definitely. It just (stinks)," he said. "I was starting to feel a little better at the plate and here they come with that bomb, five games. It was going to come. It was just about time to come. Unfortunately it came in the wrong spot, but hey, nothing you can do about it." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz