Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

11.03.2019 06:50
wasnt too despondent and is predicting tyr Antworten

The memory of how Michigan lost to Michigan State last season is one of those indelible moments that never goes away.Only 10 seconds away from winning, the Wolverines watched punter Blake ONeill bobble a snap and inexplicably fumble the ball into the arms of Michigan States Jalen Watts-Jackson, who returned the ball 38 yards for the winning score as time expired.The Spartans insane 27-23 victory marked their seventh victory in the last eight meetings with the Wolverines. The teams meet again Saturday in East Lansing (Noon ET, ESPN) and the Michigan players are certainly anticipating the opportunity to exact revenge.Senior safety Dymonte Thomas was on the punt team and has replayed last seasons final play in his mind countless times.I was on the field when that play happened, Thomas said after last weeks 41-8 trouncing of Illinois. I just couldnt believe what took place, and we had that bye week after, and during that whole bye week thats the only thing I thought about. I couldnt think about anything else and couldnt wait to get revenge.Next Saturday, weve got our chance and our opportunity, and so Im just excited and ready to go out and play with these guys. I love my teammates, and I love the way that we are playing together, and its going to be fun playing next Saturday, especially since its a rivalry game.Michigan State (2-5, 0-4 Big Ten) has endured a down season to reduce the luster of this seasons matchup. The Spartans have lost five consecutive games, including four by double digits.The college football power in the state has seemingly switched hands with the Wolverines (7-0, 4-0) ranked second in the nation in only their second season under coach Jim Harbaugh.But Harbaugh isnt about to view the Spartans as anything but a super dangerous opponent.It doesnt matter whats happened before this week. For us or for our opponent, it never does, Harbaugh said at a press conference. (What matters) is what happens on the game day. We know the task in front of us. We know the challenge.Its up to us to go out there and prepare for that game so we can go out there and be confident, execute and have a chance to be successful.The Michigan State players know they are viewed as disappointments but also are aware that ending the current slide against their main rivals would be particularly sweet.And a good number of them, such as senior linebacker Riley Bullough, have never walked off the field a loser against the Wolverines.Bulloughs lineage of family members as Spartans includes older and younger brothers, uncles, his father and a grandfather.Ive been watching this game ever since I can remember, obviously been a Spartan fan my entire life, and growing up, it seems like it was Michigans game, Bullough said at a press conference. They were in control of the series when I was young, but thats kind of turned in the last few years, so to kind of be a part of that has meant a tremendous amount to me.So this game is huge for us this week and our entire season, I think, so were going to go out and play hard and do everything we can to get a win.Bullough was ejected for targeting in last weeks 28-17 loss to Maryland as Michigan States woes continued.We need to stay together, and we need to understand that we lost the football game, not one specific person, we lost the football game, Spartans coach Mark Dantonio said. If we can at least all accept responsibility in that, then I think we all move forward.Redshirt freshman Brian Lewerke will be the starting quarterback, making his third career start against perhaps the toughest defense in the nation.Michigan allowed only 172 yards against Illinois, marking the fourth straight game that the unit gave up fewer than 200 yards.The Wolverines rank first in the nation in scoring defense (10.0 points per game), total defense (207.0 yards per game), passing defense (111) and third-down conversion defense (13 percent). Michigan also ranks fourth in rushing defense at 96.0.Its a tribute to all of our hard work in the spring and the summer, cornerback Jourdan Lewis said. Its paying off right now, the fruits of our labor.Sophomore outside linebacker Jabrill Peppers, who has 10 tackles for losses, continues to dabble on offense while flashing his gamebreaking return skills.Sophomore quarterback Wilton Speight has thrown 13 touchdowns and been intercepted only twice for an offense averaging 48.7 points per game. Authentic Josh Sweat Jersey .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Wholeasale Eagles Jerseys . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-avonte-maddox-jersey . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. Authentic Matt Pryor Jersey ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Cheap Eagles Jerseys . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. COLUMBIA, Mo. -- What was supposed to be a four-hour bus ride for Eastern Illinois coach Jay Spoonhour and his team turned into a 12-hour interstate fiasco as a winter storm made I-70 a standstill for many weekend travelers.An impromptu taco run and a monumental road victory made the journey more than worthwhile, as the Panthers defeated Missouri 67-64 Saturday.Montell Goodwin scored 22 points, including 15 in the second half, to help Eastern Illinois beat Missouri for the first time in four attempts.Its a really big win for us, Spoonhour said. There was a long stretch in there where I didnt know if guys thought they could win the game. We were kind of looking around for somebody else to do it, and eventually, we made a few shots, and that was kind of it.Spoonhour described being stuck on the interstate for nearly seven hours with thousands of other travelers and a bus full of athletes, which happened to be yards away from a Mexican restaurant.About three hours in, the guys said `hey coach, man, can we get some tacos? Spoonhour recalled. Were on the interstate, and I said no, its illegal.... I thought it was really wise to not do that. About six and half hours into the trip, I said, hey who wants to go get 50 tacos?Demetrius McReynolds added 16 points and six rebounds, and Ray Crossland added eight points and six rebounds. McReynolds scored 10 of his points in the first half after starting 3-for-4 from the field, but from there made only 2 of 13 attempts.The Panthers (7-4) took a 4-0 lead in the first two minutes before the Tigers mustered an 18-4 run, giving them a 10-point lead, the largest lead of the game. Despite shooting 26.5 percent in the first half, including 1-for-15 from 3-point range, Eastern Illinois battled back and cut Missouris lead to only two by halftime, 32-30.In the second half, Eastern Illinois caught fire, led by Goodwin, who shot 6-for-9 from the field, including 3-for-4 from 3-point range.I thought they outplayed us, Missouri coach Kim Anderson said. Especially in the second half, I thought we really, really struggled to keep them off the boards. Youve got to give them credit. Im not sure why we didnt have the energy that we needed to play this game, but were certainly going to try to find itt by Wednesday.ddddddddddddvery time Missouri attempted a run, Eastern Illinois would answer with an even bigger play. With 3:14 remaining, Frankie Hughes gave Missouri a 63-61 lead with a fast-break dunk, but the Panthers immediately answered with a 3-pointer from McReynolds. The next shot to fall was a 3-pointer from Goodwin with 1:39 remaining. Hughes finished with five points on 2-for-6 shooting.The Tigers (5-5) did not make a field goal for the final 3:31, while the Panthers closed the game on a 6-1 run. Terrence Phillips was fouled with under a minute left, but made only 1 of 2 free-throw attempts. Phillips finished with eight points, seven assists and three rebounds.K.J. Walton and Willie Jackson each scored nine points for the Tigers, and Kevin Puryear added eight points and six rebounds.BARNETTS BACKSt. Louis native Jordan Barnett made his Missouri debut, having sat out for the last year after transferring from Texas. He finished with three points and five rebounds, including a two-handed breakaway dunk to give the Tigers a 55-54 lead with 7:31 remaining. His last collegiate game was Dec. 8, 2015 against University of Texas-San Antonio. He had 12 points and five rebounds in that game.COMMON CONNECTIONSSpoonhour was an assistant coach at Missouri from 2004-06. Missouri assistant coach Emanuel Dildy played at Eastern Illinois from 2004-05, and was also an assistant coach for the Panthers in 2011-12, Spoonhours first season.BIG PICTUREEastern Illinois: This is a signature win for the Panthers, who have no other Power-5 opponents on their schedule. Missouri had won the previous three contests between the schools, including the most recent meeting, which Missouri won 68-56 on Dec. 28, 2005.Missouri: T1. My favorite things about Patrick Reed arent the beautiful, towering irons he hits, or his silky putting stroke. Its not the graceful club twirls, or his aggressive, pin-hunting approach on seemingly every hole. My favorite thing about Reed is hes the living embodiment of a role we need someone to play in every generation of golf: the swashbuckling, no-apologies rogue.2. Its not easy to embrace playing the rogue, to wear the metaphorical black hat in a sport where there is pressure to be corporate, friendly, boring and polite. Playing the nice guy is typically the path to millions of dollars and minimal controversy -- and for most players, it works. Jordan Spieth is the games shining example, the perfect face for the future of the game. The game needs him to be the genial Texan he was born and raised to be.3. We also need a little bit of Reed in our lives, just to keep things interesting. Hes not a villain. Thats taking it much too far. But there is a little bit of Han Solo in him. Hes a little ornery, a little salty, and often has the just right mixture of swagger and sarcasm to match how good his game can be when hes dialed in. Case in point: His answer Friday when asked about hitting a 6-iron to a foot on the ninth hole, his final hole of the day. I hit a great one, Reed said. I couldnt really see where I ended up or where it landed. So I just thought it might have been on the green because not a single person clapped. So I walk up there and I realize its a foot and I was like, OK, I guess the rest of the field has been hitting it inside a foot all day. Didnt get a single clap and its in there tight.4. Ive grown to love listening to him in press conferences, which often have the tension of a court deposition. Take this quote, when Reed was asked if he felt that he got any good breaks out there on his way to shooting the second-lowest round of the day: No, he said, letting the silence hang in the air for several seconds before proceeding. I didnt have any good breaks, but I really didnt have any bad breaks. It was kind of a normal round.5. Or this quote, when Reed was asked if he was frustrated that he hasnt won a major yet -- he has no top-10 finishes in 11 starts -- when some of his peers have already broken through: Not really. Ive only been on tour for three years. Everyone acts like Ive been on tour for 15, 20 years. Im only 25.6. Or consider how Reed responded when asked about making the Olympic team, an honor that came his way when Spieth and Dustin Johnson decided to withdraw from consideration: Its one of those things that just gives me goose bumps, because going over there, wearing Stars and Stripes, playing again, its going to be great.7. Even Reeds answer, when he was asked what he thought about Stephan Jaeger shooting 58 Thursday on the Web.com Tour, was classic Patrick Reed: It was interesting, because my mother-in-laws birthday was yesterday. She turned 59, and she goes, I want you to shoot my age tomorrow. I said OK. Obviously I didnt come close, but at least someone did it for me.8. There is a little bit of New Jersey attitude in Reed, even though he was born in Texas, raised in Louisiana, and went to college in Georgia. Hes not deferential to anyone and doesnt worry about peoples feelings, which might make him the perfect U.S. Ryder Cup player. (After just one win in the past seven cups, the Americans could use more of him. Even the Europeans couldnt help but love it when he made a string of birdies in 2014 at Gleneagles, and he egged on the crowd between holes.) Despite Reeds sense that no one clapped for his approach shot Friday on No. 9, the crowds at Baltusrol (in Springfield, New Jersey) seem to sense hes a kindred spirit.Even Reed was even a bit surprised how they were showering him with affection on Friday. They are great, Reed said. They really get into it. I was surprised at how many fans were actually out here early this morning with the weather. They are a bunch of troopers. Ive never heard so many people cheer about the Ryder Cup in my life, and were a long ways away from it.9. Reed, in fact, has become so wary of the media, hes now suspicious of criticism even when there might be none -- and in a way, I understand. Theres a needle we often ask our athletes to thread. We want them to be confident, lest we criticize them for lacking what it takes to succeed. But we also want them to be humble; if theyre too confident, we often criticize them for arrogance. Reed found himself in the middle of that conundrum in 2014 when he stated -- in an interview immediately after his third PGA Tour win -- that he felt he was a top-5 player in the world. The backlash was swift. Golf Channels Aaron Oberholser suggested Reeds comments would be better off made in the mirror, in the bathroom, when youre home alone.I was curious about it, and after his round Friday I asked Reed: Did he ever feel that was a little unfair, the way some people chided him for coming across as cocky? What was wrong, after all, with believing you are a top-3 player in the world? The question, I quickly learned, did not translate the way Id hoped. I appreciate you saying top-3, because I said to-5, Reed said, his words dripping with sarcasm. I appreciate you calling me cocky as well. I dont really know where to take that one.10. In the end, even though he seemed leery that I was trying to bait him, to set him up for more criticism, Reed went on to deliver a thoughtful answer -- one that helps reveal why hes such a fun player to follow, and why tournaments are always more interesting when hes playing well. If Reed makes a charge at the leaders over the weekend, itll be because there is no doubt in his mind he belongs at the top of the leaderboard, even if history doesnt yet back him up. As he ultimately said: If there was not a mic around, and you went out and asked every single guy, and if they knew you werent media, and you asked them where do you want to be, theyd say No. 1 in the world, Reed said. And if they dont, then those guys arent winning every week or even having the chance to win golf tournaments because theyre not believing in themselves. Cheap Nike Dunk China .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. Discount Nike Dunk . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. http://www.cheapnikedunk.net/ . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. Wholesale Nike Dunk . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Cheap Nike Dunk . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable.Toto Wolff has warned Ferraris raw performance is pushing Mercedes after Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel secured an impressive one-two in Practice Two. Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton dominated the first practice session at the Chinese GP and looked to be doing so again later on Friday, before the Scuderia showed their pace on the supersoft compound.Raikkonen clocked a 1:36.896, just over a tenth faster than his team-mate, which was quicker than any time set in all three practice sessions last season. While Ferrari have struggled with the reliability of the SF16-H during the early part of 2016 their race pace looks strong, all-but matching Mercedes in Australia and Bahrain on the longer stints. P2: Ferrari outpace Mercedes Kimi Raikkonen led a Ferrari one-two in Practice Two - report Still, Maurizio Arrivabene was keeping his feet on the ground, stating they are battling the greatest team of the last decade in the Silver Arrows.We had a good Friday, not a bad one, the Ferrari team principal said. Unfortunately youre not gaining position on the grid or points in the championship. Its a good start but the weekend is still long.I can say that the Mercedes team of this year is the strongest one we have seen in the last 10 years. To be able to win against them you have to work and to be better than them. Even so, we are doing our best to have a good result. David Croft and Paul Di Resta take you through all the headlines from Fridays Practice; and theres interviews with Massa, Vettel and Raikkonen Mercedes chief Wolff, sitting next to the Italian in the team principals press conference, laughed at the notion.Before answering the question Id like to give the flowers back, he said. They are pushing us very hard. You have seen today, its raw performance.Mercedes Paddy Lowe echoed Wolffs warning and is expecting a tight battle: Were very close with Ferrari on both single lap and long run pace across all three tyre compounds, so we look set for an exciting weekend.Raikkonen: Ferrari speed is thereFerrari have already fallen 50 points behind reigning champions Mercedes in the constructors standings after losing one car to reliability in each of the first two races. Raikkonen dropped out at the Australian GP after a turbo failure caused an airbox fire, while Vettel did not even take the start in Bahrain after his car started trailing smoke on the formation lap.ddddddddddddBut Wolff believes these failures simply come as a result of their giant stride forward in terms of competing with his team.We have seen that raw performance in the last couple of races, the Austrian added. They havent been able to pull it all together because they made another big step from 2015 to 2016, similar to the step of 2014 to 2015, in order to have the package to deliver and be reliable. That is obviously not an easy task. Whens the Chinese GP on Sky? All the broadcast times you need for this weekends exclusively live race Down to sheer performance they are really pushing us. That is good, that is what competition is about.Nico Rosberg, the quickest Mercedes driver on Friday, agreed the red threat was rising: It looks like we are quick here again - but in the afternoon we saw that Ferrari are also very quick, so we are definitely looking out for them and well have a bit homework to do tonight.Despite trailing his team-mate in both sessions, Hamilton wasnt too despondent and is predicting tyre wear to create a dramatic race on Sunday.Its not been a bad day. I didnt feel too comfortable with the car this morning but the team made some changes over lunch and it was much better in the second session, he said.The weather has been surprisingly warm but with a lot of wind, which made it quite difficult out there through the high-speed corners. Were seeing already that tyre degradation will be a big factor this weekend, which is pretty normal for this circuit but definitely something to watch out for on Sunday.As well as giving us an indication of their fine one-lap speed, Ferrari also seemed to be close to Mercedes when it came to longer race stints in practice. Raikkonen, however, said he wasnt comfortable on any tyre apart from the supersofts.The Finn said: It felt very slippery. With the supersoft it improved a bit, but nowhere near ideal.I only used the medium in the morning and it didnt feel very good. But the softs didnt feel very good. The supersoft was the best, but it is too early to say.Watch the Chinese GP weekend - LIVE ONLY on Sky Sports F1. The race starts at 7am on Sunday, with build-up underway from 5.30am. Or watch without a contract for £6.99 on NOW TV. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016. Fast and easy online upgrade - click here. Also See: P2: Ferrari outpace Mercedes Whens the Chinese GP on Sky? ' ' 'he Tigers shot 16.7 percent from 3-point range, a season low. Missouris previous 3-point shooting low was 18.8 percent on Nov. 18 in a 70-55 loss to Davidson.UP NEXTEastern Illinois: Hosts Fontbonne University Monday.Missouri: Travels to St. Louis Wednesday for the 36th annual Bud Light Braggin Rights game against Illinois in the Scottrade Center. The Tigers lost last years meeting 68-63. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz