Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

21.03.2019 06:31
eplacement, does Tom Terrific become a backup?P Antworten

NASSAU, Bahamas -- Not only did Tiger Woods return to golf Thursday, he returned to being Tiger.Just not for long.Hardly looking like a player who had not competed in 466 days, Woods ran off three straight birdies with a variety of shots and was tied for the lead in the Hero World Challenge as he approached the turn.Three shots in the bushes, one shot in the water and a few fits of anger sent him toward the bottom of the pack. A pair of double bogeys over the final three holes ruined an otherwise impressive return, and Woods shot 40 on the back nine at Albany Golf Club and had to settle for a 1-over 73.He was in 17th place in the 18-man field. Only Justin Rose had a higher score.Even so, Woods has reason to be encouraged. After taking off 15 months to recover from two back surgeries, he felt no pain or limitations. His misses were not big, just costly. And he was playing again.It could have been something really good, Woods said. I got off to a nice, solid start and made a few mistakes there. I didnt play the par 5s very well in the middle part of the round and consequently, got it going the wrong way. ... But all in all, I feel pretty good. Im looking forward to another three more days.He was nine shots behind J.B. Holmes, who opened with an 8-under 64 and had a one-shot lead over Hideki Matsuyama, with U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson at 66.Curiosity was greater than expectations for Woods, who was coming off the longest hiatus of his golfing life. Plagued by back problems since 2013 when he was No. 1 in the world, he finally shut it down after tying for 10th in the Wyndham Championship on Aug. 23, 2015, and then going through two back surgeries.He was in so much pain last year there were times he wondered he had played his last tournament.With high anticipation, he tugged his opening tee shot into the rough on the left edge of a bunker and gouged that out to 15 feet for par. Just like that, it all started to feel as though he had never been away.By the time I hit my tee shot on the second hole, I had already gotten into the flow of the round, Woods said. Thats something that for me, when Ive taken layoffs and taken breaks, its how quickly can I find the feel of the round? To not play in 15, 16 months and get it on the second hole is nice.He also knew that with only a stiff tropical wind behind him on three of the par 5s, scores would be low.For a short time, Woods seemed up to the task. He hit a 5-iron from 231 yards just over the green and passed his first test, a 30-yard pitch-and-run and that checked slightly and rolled out to a few feet from the hole for a birdie . He faced a more difficult pitch up the slope on the next hole and hit a chunk-and-run to 3 feet.His confidence kept building -- the flop shot from 40 yards to 5 feet for birdie on the par-5 sixth, the wedge to 5 feet for birdie on the seventh, and a 6-iron he struck so well on the par-3 eighth that he was asking for perfection. One yard! One yard! he said as the ball was in the air, and then settled 2 feet away.At that point he was tied with Holmes.But he flubbed a pitch on the par-5 ninth and made bogey. Two holes later, he flared an iron from the sandy waste area into a bush and had to take a penalty shot, making another bogey on a par 5. Woods was still hanging around in the middle of the pack when he hit 7-iron to 12 feet on the par-5 15th and two-putted for birdie.And then it all fell apart.Froom the middle of the 16th fairway, he pulled his approach and dropped the club as it sailed into a bush. He had to play that backward to the fairway, pitched a wedge some 30 feet by and made double bogey. And then on the 18th, he pulled his driver and immediately slammed the club into the turf as he watched for the splash.His pitch hit the pin -- it was too strong, anyway -- and he missed from 20 feet for another bogey.Just made some really silly mistakes, mistakes I dont normally make, Woods said. But I havent played in a while. Unfortunately, I made those mistakes. I can clean that up. Weve got three more days. Wind is supposed to pump on the weekend, and Ill be playing a little bit better. Under Armour Australia Outlets . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Under Armour Outlet Australia . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.underarmouraustraliawholesale.com/ . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. Under Armour Shoes Australia . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Cheap Under Armour Shoes Australia . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. The Panthers not only disappointed folks in the Carolinas with their Super Bowl performance in February, they also let down Pro Picks. With a chance for a winning record for the 2015 season, we went with Cam Newton and Co. over the Broncos. So we got run over by Von Miller, too.Now here we go again: Panthers vs. Broncos to open the 2016 schedule Thursday night. And call us stubborn, stupid or whatever, were right back on the Panthers (No. 1 in AP Pro32), who are 1-point favorites.Heres why.While Denvers defense still will approach all-world, the offense is in the hands of an untested second-year quarterback, Trevor Siemian. Against Carolinas solid D featuring as good a set of linebackers as the NFL has, the Broncos (No. 6 AP Pro32) arent likely to find the end zone much.Nor will the Panthers, but Cam Newton, last years MVP, believes he has a lot to prove after that mediocre Super Bowl. Prove it he will in the kickoff game.PANTHERS, 21-16---KNOCKOUT LEAGUE TIPPro Picks struggled throughout 2015 with such selections. With a fresh start, the choice is KANSAS CITY.No. 25 Miami (plus 7) at No. 4 SeattleSeahawks looking to avoid slow starts that sometimes plague them. Good chance here.BEST BET: SEAHAWKS 24, DOLPHINS 10No. 17 New York Giants (plus 3 1-2) at No. 22 DallasSomeone explain this Romo-less line to us. Two also-rans from last year, but Giants are improved on D.UPSET SPECIAL: GIANTS, 20-13No. 5 New England (plus 5) at No. 2 ArizonaSo if Jimmy G goes 4-0 as Bradys replacement, does Tom Terrific become a backup?PATRIOTS, 23-20No. 30 San Diego (plus 6 1-2) at No. 8 (tie) Kansas CityA healthy Chiefs team will be a tough out all season. But KC isnt real healthy now. Still ...CHIEFS, 26-16No. 3 Green Bay (minus 4 1-2) at No. 18 JacksonvilleLots of foolks like the Jaguars promise.dddddddddddd Packers delay any fulfillment of it.PACKERS, 27-24No. 7 Pittsburgh (minus 3) at No. 11 Washington, Monday nightCould be a fun shootout in prime time. Steelers have more weapons.STEELERS, 33-28No. 21 Buffalo (plus 2 1-2) at No. 14 BaltimoreRexs banged-up defense still shows some improvement.BILLS, 17-16No. 20 Tampa Bay (plus 3) at No. 19 AtlantaIt wont be Atlantans doing tomahawk chop Sunday, it will be former Seminole Jameis Winston.BUCCANEERS, 27-20No. 29 Chicago (plus 5) at No. 12 HoustonTexans have their QB in Osweiler, but will they have an effective J.J. Watt?TEXANS, 20-13No. 13 Oakland (plus 2) at No. 24 New OrleansBig Easy has become too easy a place for visiting teams to win.RAIDERS, 30-27No. 8 (tie) Cincinnati (minus 1) at No. 15 New York JetsIts not a playoff game, so Cincinnati isnt the Bungles yet.BENGALS, 19-16No. 10 Minnesota (minus 3 1-2) at No. 27 TennesseeHill or Bradford? Tempted to take Titans. But Adrian Peterson swings the pick.VIKINGS, 20-17No. 23 Detroit (plus 5) at No. 16 IndianapolisNot expecting much out of either team this season.LIONS, 22-21No. 26 Los Angeles (minus 2) at No. 31 San Francisco, Monday nightIf Rams are to make any noise in first year back in Hollywood, they need big opening scene.RAMS, 19-16No. 32 Cleveland (plus 4) at No. 28 PhiladelphiaA mismatch in the NBA and MLB, but almost a toss-up in NFL.EAGLES, 14-13---2015 RECORD: Against spread (126-126-7). Straight up:(162-105)Best Bet: 8-10-1 against spread, 11-8 straight up.Upset special: 9-9 against spread, 6-12 straight up.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz