Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

22.03.2019 04:23
finished third in the gruelling 35-kilometre Antworten

DOBBIACO, Italy -- Another podium finish for Canadian Alex Harvey on Friday. Harvey, of St-Ferreol-les-Neiges, Que., finished third in the gruelling 35-kilometre freestyle pursuit. The race was fifth of seven stages in the Tour de Ski circuit. Harvey, 25, started 35 seconds behind leader Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway. He tucked himself into a group of seven athletes, conserving energy for the first 18-kilometre high-speed climb on the mountain pass before the descent into Toblach. "My plan was to fight for dear life and hang on to that group," said Harvey. "It went a lot easier on the climb than I thought. "Its a unique race that we only do once a year and you really never know how far in you are. It is a challenge mentally and fun to chase people down and form little groups." Harvey also won gold in the prologue race at the Tour opener in Oberhof, Germany and was second in the sprint race in Lenzerheide, Switzerland. With heavy snow and warm conditions projected for the 10-kilometre classic-ski race in Val di Fiemme, Italy on Saturday, recovery will be critical for the final two stages. "Im really happy with how things went," said Harvey, who is third in the overall standings. "Heading into the Tour I was hoping for a few top-five finishes, but to be in the top-three overall the whole way is exciting." Johnsrud Sundby won the race to increase his overall lead, showing hell be a medal contender at next months Sochi Olympics. Sundby posted a time of one hour, 20 minutes, 18.7 seconds. Compatriot Petter Northug beat Harvey in a sprint for second, finishing 58.2 seconds behind Johnsrud Sundby. Harvey was third, 58.7 behind. "I tried to keep a steady pace," Sundby said. "Luckily I had a good day and was able to keep the gap." Still, Harvey registered his 10th career World Cup podium. He has two world championship medals. Devon Kershaw, of Sudbury, Ont., was 23rd in 1:23:24.0. Ivan Babikov, of Canmore, Alta., finished 28th in 1:23:25.0 despite skiing four of the first five kilometres without a pole. Sundby moved 1:03.2 ahead of Northug in the overall standings, with Harvey in third, 1:08.7 behind. In the womens 15-kilometre free pursuit, Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen of Norway maintained her overall lead by winning in 37:30.3. Two-time runner-up Therese Johaug, also of Norway, finished second, 38.7 behind, and Anne Kyllonen of Finland was third, 1:12.2 behind. In the overall standings, Jacobsen holds a 43.7-second lead over Johaug, with Kyllonen 1:22.2 behind in third. The Tour concludes over the weekend in Val di Fiemme, highlighted by the traditional climb up Mount Cermis on Sunday. "I still hold (Johaug) as the favourite with her climbing ability for the final stages," Jacobsen said. "But my shape is getting better and better and I feel like Im on track for the Olympic Games, which is the most important thing." The Sochi Olympics start Feb. 7. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . The Cavs announced the move Saturday, one day after LeBron James said hes returning to Cleveland. A 12-year veteran, Haywood has played in 794 NBA games, averaging 6. Wholesale Jerseys China . They started shooting the puck. Joe Pavelski had a hat trick to move into a tie for second in the NHL in goals and the Sharks beat Philadelphia 7-3 Thursday night in the first game for both teams following the Olympic break. http://www.cheapchinajerseys.net/.com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins will try to complete a sweep of the Washington Capitals when the clubs cap a quick home-and-home series Tuesday night in the Steel City. Stitched China Jerseys .com) - Generally you want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. China Jerseys .The 24-year-old quarterback spent four seasons at Northern Illinois and in 2013 was a finalist for the Heisman, which is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in U.BOSTON -- It is Michel Therriens first Game 7 as an NHL coach, compared to No. 10 for Bostons Claude Julien. But as the Canadiens coach pointed out, he has been here before. "For us, Game 6 in Montreal was the same thing," Therrien said of the Habs 4-0 do-or-die win, which forced Game 7 Wednesday night at the TD Garden. "Its a matter of attitude and I believe we had the right frame of mind and right mindset for Game 6. The attitude was there. "And I saw a bunch of guys (Tuesday) with the same attitude. This morning again. So were all excited about that challenge. It was a huge challenge for us back home and its another huge challenge for us tonight." Julien, who ties Mike Keenan for the most Game 7s in NHL history among head coaches, was equally excited after the morning skate. "I was ready to play last night and I was excited watching the other games on TV," said the Bruins coach, who is 5-4 in his previous nine Games 7s. "I wish it was an afternoon game versus a night game. "Its the excitement of wanting to play those (games). It depends on how you approach it. Im excited about it. I dont know if having been through a lot of Game 7s is a compliment. But weve been through a lot of them and hopefully we can take advantage of it." The winner will host the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference final. Both the Bruins and Canadiens will be looking for a fast start. The team that scores first in Game 7 is 113-40 (.739) all-time, not to mention all six previous games in this series. Boston has a clear edge in Game 7 experience. The Bruins have played in a combined total of 89 Game 7s, compared to 38 for Montreal. Bruins captain Zdeno Chara will be appearing in his 11th Game 7, passing Martin Brodeur, Andrew Ference and Scott Gomez (10) for the most among active players "Asked about his favourite Game 7 memory, the 37-year-old Chara smiled and replied: "Every one that we win." Ask Montreal forward Brendan Gallagher about his last Game 7 and the 22-year-old forward reaches back to junior hockey for a double-overtime Vancouver Giannts win over the Spokane Chiefs.dddddddddddd The Habs will look to their leaders, with goalie Carey Price and defenceman P.K. Subban leading the way. "P.K. Subbans been phenomenal since the playoff started ... Hes a gamer," said Therrien. "Hes a guy that will bring his game to another level when the game counts. Hes been a leader on the ice definitely for our club." Prices record this year in elimination games is 4-0, counting Game 6 and three win-or-go-home games at the Sochi Olympics -- against Latvia, the U.S. and Sweden. The 26-year-old gave up just one goal in those games. "Hes calm and he makes our team play with confidence," said Therrien. "It goes with maturity. Hes a young veteran but this year his experience at the Olympics, I thought he was phenomenal. He was a true leader for that team and ended up winning the gold medal. Last game, it was the same thing. It was a huge game for us." All four of Prices post-season shutouts have come against the Bruins. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the only other goalie to earn his first four playoff shutouts against one team is Brodeur (also against Boston). The only other Habs goalie with four post-season shutouts against the Bruins is Jacques Plante (between 1954 and 1958). Boston is taking part in a Game 7 for the seventh consecutive season, setting an NHL record. The Bruins had been tied with the Avalanche, participants in six consecutive years from 1998 through 2003. There was no word on any lineup changes. Asked if defenceman Dennis Seidenberg might return from a knee injury layoff, Julien chose to be a bit fuzzy. "I dont think so," said Julien, who obviously knew the answer. "Id be very surprised." NOTES -- The Game 7 between the Bruins and Canadiens is the ninth between the two franchises, which is a record for two teams among all major sports. Montreal held a 5-3 advantage in the eight prior Game 7s, but the teams split six such games in Boston ... Thirty-eight of the 152 Game 7s in the NHL have required overtime, with a 19-19 split between home and road teams. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz