Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 84 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

23.03.2019 04:55
desperately needs, but expects to ha Antworten

MANCHESTER, England -- Sonny Bill Williams can fill the gaping hole in his impressive sporting resume on Saturday by leading New Zealand to a repeat triumph over great rival Australia in the Rugby League World Cup final. Since 2009, Williams has flitted between rugby union, boxing and league -- and success has followed him everywhere. He is New Zealands top heavyweight boxer after winning all six of his fights, captured World Cup and Super Rugby titles in the 15-man code and this year claimed the NRL title with Sydney Roosters at the end of his first season back in league. And after being voted as rugby leagues International Player of the Year for the first time on Wednesday, Williams said winning rugby leagues biggest prize three days later "would definitely top everything off." "To come away and enjoy time over here with the brothers and put that Kiwi jersey on, for myself I have actually fallen back in love with rugby league this year," said Williams, who is bidding to become the first player to win World Cups in both rugby codes. Even with Williams on board, New Zealand heads into the game at Old Trafford, the home of England football giant Manchester United, as the underdog. Australia has not been beaten in its last six meetings with New Zealand and has cruised into the showpiece match, conceding just two points and scoring 210 in its last four games since beating co-host England in the tournaments curtain-raiser. New Zealand, meanwhile, was seriously roughed up by England in an epic semifinal at Wembley Stadium but still came through after scoring a converted try with barely 20 seconds left to win 20-18. "Twelve rounds?" said Williams, the part-time boxer. "It certainly was like that." The Australians have bristled at suggestions they will be undercooked going into a match they have waited five years for -- since losing 34-20 to the Kiwis in Brisbane in the 2008 final. "Weve played Fiji twice, they are a big physical side and when its all said and done they finished the fourth best team in the tournament," said Australia coach Tim Sheens, referring to his teams 64-0 win over the Islanders in the semifinal. "The score line just doesnt indicate how much ice was on the guys after the game, I can tell you. "What I was very happy about was that we kept the pedal down for 80 minutes. We didnt drop off, and havent in the tournament. Preparing for the final, we wanted to play the 80 minutes and we have done the whole month. I am hoping that intensity prepares us well for what will be the most intense game of the tournament." Like Williams, Australias star players wont be short of motivation, either. Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater, who appears to have overcome a knee injury sustained in the quarterfinal win over the United States, all turned 30 this year and are unlikely to be around for the next World Cup in 2017. This may represent their last chance to get their hands on the World Cup, a feat they havent achieved amid stellar careers in the NRL and with Queensland. "For us, its an opportunity to win a World Cup -- we dont look at it as a last opportunity," Australia captain Cameron Smith said. "And we dont see it as a chance to make up for what happened in 2008. Nothing will ever make up for that. "When our career comes to an end, we arent going to look back and judge it off one match, one result. Wed like to think weve done a fair few things in our career over multiple matches that people can look back on." Australia is looking to win the trophy for a record-extending 10th time in 14 World Cups. "Obviously we are the reigning world champions but in the past four years they havent lost too many games," Williams said. "Australia definitely set the standards." Cheap Authentic Jerseys . According to the Red Wings Twitter feed, Zetterberg plans to practice with the team on Thursday and is aiming for a second round comeback. NFL Jerseys China . Four years after winning gold on home ice in Vancouver, the Canadians will get a chance to make it two in a row Sunday against Sweden after beating the United States 1-0 in the Olympic semifinals Friday at Bolshoy Ice Dome. http://www.discountjerseysnfl.com/.com) - Generally you want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. Cheap Jerseys From China . -- Jim Furyk was 10 shots worse and right where he wanted to be Saturday in the BMW Championship. Cheap Jerseys For NFL . -- LaMarcus Aldridge returned to the Trail Blazers lineup, happy to know that things didnt go awry without him. PITTSBURGH -- For a player who believed he was being targeted by the NFL after being fined five times last season, new Pittsburgh Steelers free safety Mike Mitchell has transformed his attitude and his style of play. "Ive adjusted to the new rules changes," Mitchell said Thursday, "and just looked forward to playing clean football and not getting fined this year." After four seasons with the Oakland Raiders and one with the Carolina Panthers, Mitchell is expected to earn a starting role in the Steelers secondary this season. Though Mitchell might have toned down his heavy-hitting ways, he still plans to make an immediate impact in due to his ball-hawking skills. The Steelers had just 10 interceptions last year, 29th in the NFL, while Mitchell had four picks in one season with Carolina. "I guess I made some big plays, but that was just me sticking my toe in the water," Mitchell said. "I expect to make even bigger and better plays this year, and I have a great guy to learn from in Troy Polamalu. . I dont know if Ill be jumping over the centre, but I do plan on taking the ball away." Thats been a major issue in recent years for the Steelers, who havent created more than 20 turnovers in a season since 2010 even as they have remained near the top of the league in yards allowed. Mitchell isnt wasting any time getting settled during the first organized team activities. "I had a great break on a ball today and should have picked it, but A.B. (Antonio Brown) did a good job getting his hands up there," Mitchell said. "I should have brought it down. . Shamarko (Thomas) is leading the way with one pick, but I should have had one, too." Thomas, a fourth-round pick last year, has not been able to get on the field often enough to make the kind of splash plays the team so desperately needs, but expects to have moree opportunities this season.dddddddddddd "Sure, I want to do a lot more this year," Thomas said. "I have three veteran safeties to learn from in Troy, Mike and Will Allen. Mike, he brings a lot of athleticism to the group, and hes made some great reads on the ball." Mitchell has played for three teams in three seasons, but the six-year NFL veteran believes there are some good points to go with the bad ones. "Its bad, because Ive had to leave some good friends behind," said Mitchell, who turns 27 next month. "But its good, because Ive been able to have a lot of different experiences, playing for different coaches and different schemes. Thats why this transition . Coach (Dick) LeBeaus defence isnt easy, but Ive actually picked it up fairly well." Mitchell believes playing in so many different defensive systems may actually be to his advantage. "In Oakland, I felt like I played for three different teams in four years, because we were always changing head coaches," Mitchell said. "So, learning a new scheme is nothing thats too different for me. I think that Ive handled it well. (And) I made a couple plays this week, but theres many more to be made." NOTES: The Steelers signed CB Shaquille Richardson from Arizona, their fifth-round pick, and have five of nine draft choices under contract. ... The top four picks are still unsigned, though they should come into the fold soon. Pittsburgh will free up $8 million in cap space when the March release of linebacker LaMarr Woodley officially hits the books. ... The club signed two players Thursday and released two. They signed rookie free agent offensive lineman Emmanuel McCray and claimed cornerback Deion Belue off waivers from the Miami Dolphins. ... To make room on the roster, the Steelers released offensive linemen Nik Embernate and Kaycee Ike. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz