Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 92 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

26.03.2019 07:23
Wolfpack ranks No. 6 nationally in Scout.coms Antworten

As the 2016 World Cup winds down, we wondered: What should the next installment of the event look like? Should teams like North America and Europe be invited back? Or should the tournament be limited to teams representing one specific country??Should there again be a team of under-24 players??Our writers offered their thoughts and suggestions.The kids played hockey that well never forget, and the old goats from Europe reminded us what a team-first concept can produce. But the World Cup of Hockey, in my mind, needs to return in 2020 with a traditional format.Why? Because it isnt truly best-on-best unless countries have all their best players at their disposal. Team USA should have had access to Johnny Gaudreau, Jack Eichel, Brandon Saad and Auston Matthews. Hey, the Americans might have still lost, but at least they would have been able to pick from among all their best options. And Connor McDavid should have been on Team Canada (a scary thought, given how Canada has romped through this tournament).The point is, best-on-best was coined for the old Canada Cup tournaments because, unlike the Olympic hockey competitions of the time, the Canada Cup truly showcased the best NHLers from each country. So, I would suggest the top eight hockey countries return for 2020, with the last two spots to be determined in a European qualification tournament in the summer of 2019. And if the NHL doesnt participate in the 2018 Olympics in South Korea (plenty left to play out on that end either way), then its even more imperative for the NHL and the NHL Players Association to return with a traditional, country-only format so that theres a best-on-best event that truly crowns the best country in the world that year. -- Pierre LeBrunThis is a tough question for me, because my favorite part of this World Cup was watching Team North America play. The kids put in the two best games of the tournament, against Russia and Sweden, and yet I dont think they should be here again. For the World Cup to matter as much as it should, hockey needs to follow soccers example. Every four years, it should stage a best-on-best tournament, featuring the eight highest-seeded countries in the world.I like the size and duration of this tournament, except Id make the final a single game to improve the chances of an upset. Id have one city host the World Cup, but Id move the event around among the competing countries from year to year and give it a more genuinely international flavor. Reserve the Olympics for the kids -- 23 and under, again, just like soccer. Then we get to see the games brightest young stars every two years, and were only asking for more from its horses every four. Two different tournaments, with two different feels. And with the World Cup being the most inclusive and meaningful of them all. -- Chris JonesThe two best stories in this World Cup were Team North America capturing the heart of hockey fans everywhere and Team Europe making a Cinderella run. I see that my colleagues are trying to euthanize both of them. Theyre just as heartless as I always suspected.Im not interested in bringing Germany or Slovakia back into the mix, only to get steamrolled by Canada. I loved the stories of the players on Team Europe who beat major powers during international play for the first time in their lives. I say let it continue.My only changes would be to add a quarterfinal round so we dont see another scenario where the kids are sent home after going 2-1 and playing out of their minds. Id give Team USA and Canada an exemption or two to grab a player off the North American team they might need, and Id allow anybody who had previously played on North America to try out for their national team. If they make it, theyre on. If not, they can return and give us Young Guns 2. -- Craig CustanceIm a big believer in building the game of hockey at the grassroots level. The World Cup of Hockey concept had me intrigued from Day 1. While the creation of Team North America and Team Europe seemed like a gimmick at first, it actually was all about building the sport. It took Team Europe coach Ralph Krueger to make me realize that.If, by some chance, theres a child in one of those European countries who falls in love with this great game and develops into a solid human being because of hockey -- even if he or she doesnt become a pro player -- then this tournament was a success. You dont have to reach the NHL to be considered a success story. A life in hockey, in any fashion, at any level, helps the game and society. Theres a much bigger picture to the World Cup and Krueger is right.Now, I also agree with many hockey people that a best-on-best tournament should be country versus country. The best-case scenario would be to compete at the Olympic level, but if the NHL could figure out a way to make the World Cup an exciting and successful event, Im all for keeping it in the four-year loop. Yes, logistics are a challenge, as weve seen in 2016, but for the betterment of the game and the continued development of kids around the world, this event needs to continue. -- Joe McDonaldI must admit that I really wrestled with this whole proposition of whats next for the World Cup. The first edition of the tournament in 12 years?was, in some ways, a perfect storm, with the dynamic -- some would even say inspirational -- play of Team North America, and the plucky determination of Team Europe in reaching the finals against powerhouse Canada.Many folks, including some of my colleagues, want to do away with both teams. I think that would be a mistake. No international tournament has ever had the level of NHL participation that the 2016 World Cup of Hockey has. To willfully move away from that just to introduce teams that will play a less-inspiring brand of hockey -- and that is what a true, Olympic-style tournament will produce -- would be self-defeating.To cover both ends of the argument, lets expand the field to 12 -- a la the Olympics -- with two spots reserved for Team North America, part deux, and Team Europe, which would be composed of players from nations that did not qualify in a qualifying tournament. No pretournament games would be played, to keep the length of the event manageable.As for the location, thats even more difficult. The NHL has insisted that every ticket for every game in Toronto was sold. If you split a 12-team tournament between two cities, would fans bite? And can you find a place in North America or Europe to achieve this, so as to legitimately call it a World Cup? What about Toronto and Buffalo? Or Washington and Pittsburgh? Its a lot to ask, but especially if the Olympics become a nonfactor for the NHL moving forward, I cant imagine that cities in North America and abroad wouldnt be clamoring to have hockeys best visit for a couple of weeks in September. -- Scott Burnside Nike Roshe Shoes China .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Wholesale Nike Roshe Shoes . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. http://www.nikeroshecheap.com/ . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. Nike Roshe Sneakers On Sale . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Nike Roshe Clearance Sale . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. RALEIGH, N.C. -- For now, all North Carolina State freshman Omer Yurtseven can do is work on his game and be patient.With all the attention on possible one-and-done freshman Dennis Smith Jr., the Turkish 7-footer gives the Wolfpack a second five-star prospect on an overhauled and potential-filled roster. But hes still waiting for the NCAA to clear him as eligible to play as an amateur.Practice starts Friday and the opener is six weeks away.I cant control it so Im trying not to think about it, Yurtseven said Thursday during the teams preseason media day. Just think about education and basketball, to control as I said what you can. Because thats not in your hands, so if you think about it more, all Its going to get you is frustration. And I dont want that.Yurtseven, a native of Istanbul, had a professional contract offer with a European club team, but opted to play college basketball and committed to the Wolfpack in May. The 18-year-old also has international experience, is considered a potential one-and-done talent himself and even had a 91-point game in a Turkish Under-18 game this spring.He played overseas and he grew up playing the game the right way, junior forward Abdul-Malik Abu said, so hes very skilled and has a super high IQ.Smiths debut at the point guard after enrolling in January to rehab a serious knee injury has caused the biggest buzz for the Wolfpack. And sixth-year coach Mark Gottfried isnt shying away from fueling the hype about Smith, calling him Thursday the best guard in the country even while saying he will have a learning curve as he transitions to the college level.But Yurtsevens commitment was a big deal, too, and a key reason why the Wolfpack ranks No. 6 nationally in Scout.coms recruiting rankings.Gottfried said Thursday that nothing has happened in a negative wayy during the NCAAs review process of Yurtsevens amateur status, saying there is plenty of discussion but no timetable for a decision.ddddddddddddIts not frustrating because quite honestly for us, theres really not a whole lot we can do about that, Gottfried said. Hes participated in every workout. Hes integrating himself with our team in a really positive way.Were approaching it with the hope he wont have to miss any games and move right in and play. If he does (have to sit out games), well deal with that, too.Yurtseven said he understands the evaluation process takes time.Youve just got to hope for the best, he said. I think that they should let me get cleared because I dont think I have done something wrong. But you know, theyre trying to do their part, so I cant do nothing but respect them. So thats what Im trying to do.While N.C. State has plenty of backcourt options, the Wolfpack sure could use Yurtseven up front. Abu (12.9 points, 8.8 rebounds) and 6-9 senior BeeJay Anya are back after offseason flirtations with the NBA draft, but Gottfried is leaning toward redshirting 6-9 senior Lennard Freeman to let him fully heal after an injury-plagued season following surgery to repair a fracture in his lower right leg in summer 2015.The opportunity is there, assuming Yurtseven suits up as planned.Its a new experience and its fun, he said. Im in a place that Ive never been in, a situation that I dont know if Ill live (through) ever again, a different situation than this. Im just trying to have fun, enjoy and hope for the best.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap and the APs college basketball site at http://collegebasketball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz