Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 105 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

27.03.2019 05:29
nnings.The Tigers finally broke through in t Antworten

If the Hurricanes are to claim their first Super Rugby title their young pack is going to have to come through a genuine trial against a very good Lions unit trying to do the same thing.The Hurricanes have a young pack, but theyve stepped up this season. The Lions, on the other hand, are a pretty powerful, gnarly forward unit -- that will be where the Johannesburg side target the Hurricanes.Its a massive ask for both teams and while they have home advantage, I dont think it is going to be a walkover for the Hurricanes; they are going to have to work for it.They will have the support of all New Zealanders, pretty much the whole country has dropped the boundaries of their usual support - its a New Zealand team versus a South African team and New Zealanders will be hoping they can do it.Im sure theyve been through the loss of last years final and learned plenty from it, which makes winning all the more desirable.The Lions took it to the Highlanders and punished them at times up front in their semifinal, and if you can get that ascendancy in the big games and out-muscle the opposition you get on the front foot. Any physical battle saps energy out of players, no matter who they are, and it is a big ask for the Hurricanes if they are to claim the title.It will also be a big ask for Dane Coles if he is not 100 percent fit. If he does get onto the field he will feel his ribs in the tight, combative scrums and around the rucks. If hes not 100 percent right, he has got to make the decision with his teams interests at heart. And if youre not fit enough to start, youre not fit enough to be on the bench either.Theres not a lot you can do about the ribs. You cant hide them and it is about coping with the pain.I thought Ricci Riccitelli did a great job coming in for Coles. He put his hand up and was full of energy. He did everything you would ask of someone who had come into a side in that situation.To me the Hurricanes were excited against the Chiefs. They were at home. A few Chiefs errors went their way early on and the Hurricanes just kept growing in confidence. They certainly look like a champion side. Its all there for the taking if they can front up.Beauden Barrett is absolute class. He made another real statement at the weekend to say not only am I one of the best players in the competition but I am going to lead the Hurricanes to the final. He also made a statement to Steve Hansen when marking Aaron Cruden and out-playing him; nothing against Cruden, he didnt do anything wrong. Barrett was just that much better.He has that electric pace and can create something from nothing. Hes got so much skill and so much pace to back it up. Hes got to be the starting 10 for the All Blacks.There was a foundation laid down by the Hurricanes grafters and while Barrett led the charge a player like Victor Vito performed like a guy who realises his days are numbered and he looks like he wants to leave his imprint on the Hurricanes. Hes now got one more game to step up and prove himself after playing really well at the weekend. His effort was backed up by Brad Shields and Ardie Savea.Savea had a great game up against Sam Cane who made a few costly errors and mistakes, and it showed in his frustrations.Remember, we dont get All Blacks trials anymore so these games are as good as you are going to get in closer match-ups. And we had that on display at the weekend on the flank, at half-back at fly-half, in midfield and at fullback.TJ Perenaras return to form was probably what pushed Damian McKenzie out of the All Blacks because they have to take three half-backs and Perenara said: You cant leave me out, Im playing that well. In my mind, he is clearly the second-best half-back and has shown that in his form.A combative player, Perenara is everything you want in a No.9 and is on top of his game; that is one of the reasons the Hurricanes are where they are right now. With the level of energy he has he creates the tempo the game is played at. Theyre humming.I was disappointed for the Highlanders, theyve had a really tough run for the last three or four weeks with all the travel theyve had. Theyre a better side than the way they finished up. The Lions grew in confidence playing in front of their home crowd; they threw the ball around and played a style of rugby that is really encouraging.And thats why Super Rugby got its name; we want to see teams throw the ball around; we want to see an exciting brand of rugby and Im really pleased to see the Lions embrace that. You would hope the other South African sides can see the Lions because I am sure they will have a fair percentage of the Springboks and that should send the message.You look at their inside-back partnership of half-back Faf du Plessis and fly-half Elton Jantjies. Du Plessis is such an electric, exciting player and he dictates the pace and Jantjies looks like a Carlos Spencer in his style and it is obvious that Carlos has coached him and had some influence -- he just oozes confidence.Hes someone at Springboks level who could take South Africa to a whole new level. Thats exciting for them especially with the talent they have in and around those key positions where youve got players like flanker Jaco Kriel and centre Lionel Mapoe. Theyre powerful and you dont often see guys like Ben Smith miss a tackle, but you could see that Kriel is powerful and a hard man to stop.The travel will be a factor in the final. You do put it out of your mind and half the battle is convincing yourself theres no problem; but the reality is the Hurricanes are not suffering any disruptions. Theyre sleeping in their own beds and preparing themselves in the best way they can.South African teams have always struggled in New Zealand and therell be no bigger game than coming for a final. But its different level stuff and the closest you are going to get to a Test match.Having been in finals before, which the Hurricanes have, is important. It is the first time for the Lions. Vito is the perfect person to reinforce that significance because hes played in a final; hes been part of two World Cup wins; hes playing his 100th game and it is his last Super Rugby start. So you would look to him to provide some guidance to the younger players.Its uncharted territory for the Lions and it will show the cut of the cloth of their players and whether they have what it takes to step up to the next level.Ultimately, it all comes down to on the day and who wants it most. Cheap Jerseys From China . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. http://www.wholesalejerseyschinastitched.com/ . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. DETROIT -- Chris Sale knew he couldnt let up against J.D. Martinez on Wednesday night, no matter how long the Detroit Tigers slugger had been sidelined.As it turned out, it didnt matter.Sale started the eighth-inning matchup with his best fastball, and Martinez drove it an estimated 434 feet into the shrubs above the centerfield fence. It was the first major league pitch Martinez had faced since fracturing his elbow June 16.Sale said he approached Martinez the same way he would had he been playing every day.Nothing different at all, he said. I havent looked at it again, but I thought it was a good pitch, but hes a great hitter and they do things to win games. Thats what J.D. did to me.The homer put the Tigers up 2-1, but Chicago still had a great chance to keep the game alive against Francisco Rodriguez in the ninth.The White Sox put their first two runners, and Melky Cabrera moved to third on Justin Morneaus fly out. Rodriguez struck out Todd Frazier, but walked Avisail Garcia to load the bases. Dioner Navarro grounded out to second to end the game.I knew he was going to be throwing changeups, and I wanted to get a good pitch to hit, Navarro said. I was just too anxious and got ahead of it.Sale (14-5) took the loss, allowing two runs on six hits in an eight-inning complete game. He walked one and struck out 10.Thats about as sharp as hes looked all season, White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. They got one run with a slice down the line, and the other one, you just tip your hat to J.D.A crowd of 32,526 had done more than that, giving Martinez a standing ovation as he made his way to the plate and continuing to cheer until he took a curtain call after the inning.That was probably the coolest moment of my career, he said. I tried to go up there with a plan, but it was so crazy that I just decided to see the ball and hit the ball.The homer turned out to be the winning run, as Detroit won its eighth straight and moved within two games of first-place Cleveland in the AL Central.That was like a movie, Ian Kinsler said. That was something Ive never seen before. It is certainly good to have him back.Shane Greene (2-2) got the win after pitching out of a seventh-inning jam, while Rodriguez picked up his 30th save.Rookie Michael Fulmer allowed one rrun on five hits in 6 2/3 innings.ddddddddddddSale was making his first start against the Tigers since being a late scratch on July 23 -- the night he cut up the teams throwback jerseys.Fulmer and Sale dueled early, although the rookie was aided by Chicago hitting into three double plays in the first four innings.The Tigers finally broke through in the fourth. Miguel Cabrera led off with a double, Victor Martinez walked and Nick Castellanos hit an RBI double down the right-field line. Sale struck out Justin Upton, and Mike Aviles hit a foul pop down the first-base line. Jose Abreu made a running catch, then turned and easily threw out Victor Martinez at the plate.Fulmer kept rolling until the sixth, when Morneau tied the game with a long two-out homer to right-center. Morneau has hit two of his three homers this season off Fulmer.Frazier walked on four pitches and Fulmer hit Garcia, bringing Greene out of the Tigers bullpen to end the rally. Frazier and Garcia were the 10th and 11th runners inherited by Greene this season, with none having scored.TRAINERS ROOMWhite Sox: OF Charlie Tilson will miss the rest of the season after tearing his hamstring during his major-league debut Tuesday. Tilson is the third White Sox rookie this season to leave his first game with an injury, joining OF Jason Coats and 3B Matt Davidson. C Kevan Smith injured himself warming up for his first game, and ended up on the disabled list before playing.Tigers: Martinez was officially activated from the disabled list after missing seven weeks with a fractured elbow. Martinez didnt start Wednesday -- Brad Ausmus rested him after playing a doubleheader with Triple-A Toledo -- but is expected to start on Thursday. RHP Jordan Zimmermann (neck) will be activated Thursday to start against the White Sox.ROUND NUMBER FOR K-RODRodriguez became the 24th pitcher to reach 900 career games with his appearance in the ninth inning. With LaTroy Hawkins retiring after last season, Rodriguez leads all active players in games pitched.UP NEXTThe teams finish their three-game series Wednesday afternoon with Zimmerman (9-4, 3.95) facing Jose Quintana (8-8, 2.89). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz