Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 94 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

02.04.2019 04:58
And yet now that hes finally gripped hold of Antworten

TORONTO – This was what Jonathan Bernier wanted all along. This is what he pined for as the backup in Los Angeles, stuck for years in the shadow of Jonathan Quick. And yet now that hes finally gripped hold of his first No. 1 job in the NHL, the 25-year-old knows that satisfaction is far from being attained. "Things can change," he said, mindfully. "You can be a No. 1 for 10 years and then next day, youre a backup. My goal is not to be a No.1 for a year or half a season, I want to be a good goalie for a long time, hopefully." Just 33 starts into that quest – by far the most of his NHL career – Bernier is off to a fine beginning. Starting for the 13th time in the past 17 games against the Lightning on Tuesday night, Bernier stopped 40 shots, including one of game-saving proportions on Martin St. Louis in the final moments. It was the kind of load-bearing performance that has become more norm than exception for Bernier, who is tied for sixth in the NHL in save percentage and fourth in even-strength save percentage among goaltenders with at least 20 starts. "When I got traded, I knew that was my chance to prove what I can do in this league," said Bernier, who is 5-1-0 in his last six starts. "My main focus was always to be a No. 1 guy and Ive still got a lot to learn, but I think Im moving towards that." He and James Reimer traded starts until mid-December before the crease eventually tilted in favour of the Laval, Quebec native. His performance month-to-month has rarely wavered – .933 save percentage in October, .923 in November, .932 in December and .915 so far in January. "I knew Randy, the type of coach he was," said Bernier of head coach Randy Carlyle, "I knew I had to really battle to earn [the job] which is the good way. You dont want anything for free in life. [But] I didnt really focus on how many games I was playing, I think I was just focusing on getting better every day and every game and it just worked out that I started playing good and he kept me in." Maybe most notable in his year-long efforts has been his ability to withstand a nightly barrage of shots and chances, a far cry from the Kings, who were a constant amongst the NHLs best defensive teams. In fact, Bernier is facing 11 more shots per start this season with the Leafs (35) than a year ago in Los Angeles. He sits a sparkling 7-1-2 when challenged with 40 shots or more. "I think we can still improve as a team," he said honestly of the groups performance. "[Were] still giving up a lot of scoring chances, especially I thought last game wasnt our best one, but were coming out with wins. I think if we want to be successful in the playoffs – Ive been through that – youve really got to bear down defensively and be a good defensive team." Though the goalie competition has gradually evolved into a one-man job, Bernier understands that he is a long ways from proven as a No. 1 starter in this league. But he also carries a certain degree of pride and quiet confidence knowing that hes accomplished what he set out to do upon landing in Toronto. "Its not like I said yesterday I made it, Im a No. 1, I think youre just going day by day," he said. "Obviously, Im happy the way things turned out." Wholesale Flyers Jerseys . The announcement was made by the hall on Friday, March 14. She joins Switzerlands Denise Biellmann as this years inductees to the Hall, based in Colorado Springs, CO. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . And I wanted to take this opportunity to share some of my experiences gained through International competition and the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan. Seven NHL referees and six linesmen will be assigned upcoming games in Sochi by the IIHF as part of their 28-man officiating roster comprised of 14 refs and 14 linesmen. http://www.cheapflyersjerseys.com/ . Price was hurt at the start of Wednesdays practice after facing just one shot as the team worked on their power play. He left the ice in discomfort and appeared to be favouring his leg. A Habs source told TSNs John Lu that Price suffered the injury in Sochi and not before the Olympics. Cheap Flyers Jerseys Authentic .com) - Kam Chancellor bobbed his head in celebration as he crossed the goal line on his game-clinching 90-yard interception return. Cheap Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys . What they did need, the Devils got from Patrik Elias. Elias scored a power-play goal 40 seconds into overtime to give the New Jersey Devils a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars.Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is reportedly battling cancer. ESPN.com confirmed a report broken by the New York Post late Thursday night that the 80-year-old has had prostate cancer for some time. The news comes just two days after Sterling was banned for life from the NBA and fined $2.5 million for racist comments he made in a taped conversation with his girlfriend. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is in thee process of rallying the leagues 29 other team owners to force a sale of the Clippers, the next step in removing Sterling entirely from the League.dddddddddddd "If that is true, my thoughts and prayers are with him," Clippers power forward Blake Griffin told ESPN.com after the teams Game 6 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Thursday. "Nobody deserves to go through something like that." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz