Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 87 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

03.04.2019 08:18
team.Toronto took a 2-1 lead on Jose Bautistas RBI s Antworten

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hi Kerry, When Gregory Campbell was injured blocking the shot in Game 4, the referees correctly allowed the play to continue while Pittsburgh had control. I thought they might have stopped play when Campbell later deflected a pass, but didnt maintain control. Could you define the rule for an injury stoppage in play? Larry Powell --- Hi, In Wednesday nights Boston/Penguins game, Gregory Campbell blocked a shot that seriously injured him. Why didnt Campbell stay down and draw a whistle? He was quite useless out there so Im assuming there must be a rule about that? Thanks,Steve McCarthy Larry and Steve: Far too often we see players feigning injury and embellishing contact in an effort to draw penalties. Gregory Campbell showed the heart of a lion when he got up off the deck after throwing his body in front of the shot that broke his leg, ending his playoff season. Campbell had to realize the significance of the injury he sustained on that shot block. If his central nervous system didnt relay a quick message of the break it would only take a split second of weight bearing when the leg totally shut down for him to know the full extent. What his body forced him to give in to his heart would not! For the sake of his teammates, Campbell attempted to defend with all that he had left; even if it was just on one leg. Campbell deserves our highest praise and respect for the "old school" toughness he demonstrated by refusing to lay down and quit when his job wasnt yet completed. The Bruins will surely miss this warrior. While it obviously isnt in this players nature to lie down and hope for a whistle to blow, the fact that Campbell was in a shooting lane and vulnerable to further injury could cause the referee to consider stopping the play following one initial scoring attempt by the Pens. Early in my career, a player blocked a shot in front of the net and lay on the ice with his back exposed to the point and what I thought had to be a stinger. I allowed play to continue even though the player remained down on the ice. Just as a defenceman at the point was teeing up a slapper I recognized the injured player was in a very vulnerable position right in the line of fire. I was too late with the whistle and the slap shot hit the guy in the back of the helmet! From that moment on I decided the safety of the player was my first responsibility. If the player remained down it was most likely because he just couldnt get up. At that point, I would not allow him to become a sitting duck in a shooting gallery. Even though Rule 8.1 says that when a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured players team has secured possession of the puck. It also says that in the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the referee and/or linesman may stop the play immediately. The officials should not be expected to play doctor when a player is down with an injury. They make their best judgment as to when an injury appears "serious" in nature to immediately stop play. This is done to get medical attention to the injured player as soon as possible and without delay. It doesnt necessarily have to be life-threatening, as in the case of Sabres goalie Clint Malarchuks throat being slashed by a skate or the frightening eye injury suffered by Bryan Berard. These were extreme and obvious cases where very serious injury had resulted. A sense of urgency will dictate a quick whistle when a player is struck with a puck or skate in the face and/or goes down hard with an apparent head injury. On the other hand, a lower-body injury that results from a shot block such as Campbell and Niklas Hjalmarsson of the Blackhawks endured does not typically fall into the "serious" category or cause play to be stopped immediately. The caveat to that, I hope, is if the referee recognizes the downed player is subject to further or even greater injury as a result of the inability to defend himself if he cant get to his feet. Gregory Campbell wasnt waiting to hear a whistle, nor did he probably expect one to be blown. All his heart told him was to defend with all he had left and if necessary, take another one for his team. Thats "old school," folks. NFL Jerseys China . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. http://www.cheapauthenticstitchednfljerseys.com/ .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . Meanwhile, there were huge victories for Sunderland and West Ham over fellow relegation rivals, leaving the battle to avoid the drop up for grabs with the bottom 11 teams separated by just six points. Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres scored second-half goals to seal a fourth straight victory for Chelsea, which climbed above Arsenal and Manchester City in the standings ahead of their games on Monday and Sunday respectively. NFL Jerseys Cheap .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. TORONTO -- The New York Yankees finally scored again. They still couldnt come up with a win in Canada.Ezequiel Carrera drove in the tying run with a squeeze bunt in the ninth inning, Edwin Encarnacion hit a winning single and the Toronto Blue Jays held their AL wild-card lead, rallying past the Yankees 4-3 Sunday.Its tough, its really tough, manager Joe Girardi said.Toronto leads Baltimore by 1 1/2 games for the top AL wild-card spot. The Blue Jays have won a team-record eight straight at home against the Yankees, who are 5 1/2 games out of wild card spot.New York ended its 33-inning scoreless streak, but lost for the 11th time in 14 games.Obviously weve been fighting, playing hard, and were just coming up short, closer Dellin Betances said. This is what you play for, to be in this position. We havent played the best the last week or so.After the Yankees scored twice in the ninth off closer Roberto Osuna (3-2) for a 3-2 lead, the Blue Jays bounced back.Betances walked Melvin Upton Jr. to begin the bottom of the ninth and took third when Kevin Pillar singled off Tyler Clippard (3-6). Carrera followed with a squeeze bunt, and both runners advanced as Clippards attempted scoop sent the ball rolling past catcher Gary Sanchez toward the backstop.In retrospect, I wish I hadnt flipped it because (Sanchez) wasnt in a position to even have a chance to tag him, Clippard said. It was just a reactionary thing, trying to save a run.Clippard struck out Devon Travis before Josh Donaldson was intentionally walked to load the bases. Encarnacions slow roller between first and second scored the winning run.I just feel very happy because we knew we were down, Encarnacion said through a translator. I was just very happy to bring that win for the team.Toronto took a 2-1 lead on Jose Bautistas RBI single off Betances in the eighth. The Yankees moved ahead in the ninth when Masson Williams singled home the tying run and Ronald Torreyes followed with a sacrifice fly.ddddddddddddBautista finished 2 for 2 with two walks and two RBI, and has reached safely in a season-best 32 straight games. His fourth-inning homer off Michael Pineda was his second in two games.After being held scoreless in their previous three games, New York loaded the bases with one out in the second but Marco Estrada struck out Williams and got Torreyes to pop out.Didi Gregorius ended New Yorks scoreless streak by homering to begin the seventh. It was the first run for the Yankees since Donovan Solanos two-run homer in the ninth inning of Wednesdays win at Tampa Bay.No AL team has gone scoreless in four games since the introduction of the designated hitter. The last to do it was the Washington Senators in September, 1964.EXTRA, EXTRAGregorius has 53 extra base hits this season, the most by a Yankees shortstop since Derek Jeter had 55 in 2007.ICE TO SEE YOUCanadas World Cup hockey team watched the game from a suite and received a standing ovation when they were shown on the stadium scoreboard. Canada beat Russia 5-3 on Saturday night to advance to the best-of-three final against Europe. Several Canadian players stopped by the Blue Jays clubhouse following the game.TRAINERS ROOMYankees: 3B Chase Headley (back) returned to the lineup after sitting out Saturday. ... 2B Starlin Castro (right hamsting) and OF Aaron Hicks (right groin) were not available.UP NEXTNew York has yet to name a replacement for RHP Masahiro Tanaka (strained forearm) for Mondays series finale, but Girardi said RHP Luis Severino (3-8, 5.70) is expected to get the assignment. LHP J.A. Happ (20-4, 3.28) starts for the Blue Jays. Happ has won three straight decisions. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz