Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

08.04.2019 08:32
Seguin and Devin Shore scored for the Antworten

LONDON -- He may have just been officially crowned world No. 1 for the first time in his career but it was business as usual for Andy Murray.I dont feel any different this week than I did the week before when I get up in the morning and stuff, he said at a news conference ahead of the World Tour Finals.Maybe when you step on court, you have a little more confidence, feel a little better about yourself when youre hitting balls and getting ready for the tournament.He spoke to his coach, Ivan Lendl, on the phone Saturday night in Paris, after Milos Raonics withdrawal from their semifinal confirmed he would finally overtake Novak Djokovic at the top of the rankings.[Lendl] congratulated me on getting to No. 1, said Murray.We started talking about the final the next day, what we were gonna do to prepare for this event. We didnt chat too long about the last few months. He had watched quite a few of my matches but when we got here it was back to work.There are things to improve and get better at. I like that. Its good. I dont need to be discussing the last few months -- I need to keep getting better. Thats what Ive always done when weve been working together.That determination to keep striving for the top is what drove Murray on to wipe out a deficit of more than 8,000 points and overhaul Djokovic at th etop of the rankings.It was another golden moment in a career which has seen him win the US Open, two Wimbledon titles, two Olympic gold medals and the Davis Cup.But the Scots achievements over the past five years have posed an uncomfortable question to British tennis -- where is the next Andy Murray coming from?When Im done playing, and my brother [Jamie] is finished playing, I hope that its good and its positive and that British tennis is in a better place than when we started, he said, before warning: I dont know if thats the case just now.Murray has previously hailed Kyle Edmund as the future of the mens game in Britain, and the 21-year-old reached a career-high ranking of 40 in October.Daniel Evans, 26, has also improved this year, reaching a career-high No. 53, and held match point against eventual champion Stan Wawrinka in the US Open third round.In the womens game, Johanna Konta has continued her steady progress and narrowly missed out on a place at the season-ending WTA finals in Singapore.But it is the apparent absence of a next generation -- and a seeming lack of knowledge of how to create one -- that is worrying for British tennis.I dont think you can create world No. 1s, said Murray. Its a really hard thing to achieve. Even with the best plans and structure in place, you dont guarantee youll get someone to win a Grand Slam or get to No. 1.Murray would certainly know, given the personal sacrifices he made to get to the top of the game. He left his family behind in Britain to train in Spain at the age of 15, where he says he went from practising four hours a week to more than that amount every day.He has kept that work ethic his whole career, and it finally drove him to top spot in the rankings at the age of 29 -- he is the oldest first-time No. 1 since John Newcombe (30) in 1974.Its not just about me. A lot of people involved in British tennis are responsible, said Murray, when asked about the legacy he will leave behind.Having consistent leadership and a consistent, clear plan for longer than three or four years at a time would certainly help. Since Ive been old enough to understand, thats whats happened -- there have always been new people coming after a few years, and change from whats been happening.Michael Downey joined the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) as chief executive in January 2014, succeeding Roger Draper in the role, who in turn had replaced John Crowther in 2006.There has been upheaval in other positions too, during Murrays professional career, with David Felgate sacked from his post as performance director in 2006, and his successor Jeremy Bates leaving the role less than a year later.Most recently, Bob Brett was appointed to the position in early 2014 but resigned in July 2015.You never find out whether somethings working or not, Murray continued Friday. It takes longer than a few years to change a system. Hopefully we can get some continuity. That would help.Change happens all the time, every few years. Whoever is leading, they leave, someone else comes in and does something completely different. Its difficult to leave a legacy in three or four years.Changing so often is not good. Its counterproductive. I just hope that whatever structures are in place just now are positive, that they work.Downey was on the receiving end of criticism from Murray and the Scots Davis Cup teammates last December after they ended Britains 79-year wait for the title; Murray had said he didnt want to waste my time talking to the LTA about the state of British tennis.The LTA have also previously been criticised for failing to capitalise on Murrays first Wimbledon triumph in 2013, with participation falling in the months following.Downey had also come under fire for closing down the National Tennis Centre (NTC) in Roehampton, London, as an elite training base, with the best British players below the ATP and WTA Tour level now based at leading local centres. Cheap Lightning Jerseys Authentic . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Wholesale Lightning Jerseys . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. http://www.cheaplightningjerseys.com/ . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Cheap Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. PITTSBURGH -- Sidney Crosby saw a small opening and took advantage for one memorable goal.Crosby put Pittsburgh ahead to stay with a dazzling score in the second period, and the Penguins beat the Dallas Stars 6-2 on Thursday night.There arent too many players in the league that would even think to make that type of play, Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said. Its a heads-up play by an elite player that thinks the game at an extremely high level and differently than most.Crosby also had two assists as Pittsburgh bounced back nicely from Wednesdays 5-3 loss to the New York Islanders. Eric Fehrs third goal of the season was No. 100 for his career, and Patric Hornqvist, Conor Sheary, Nick Bonino and Ian Cole also scored.Crosby got his league-leading 16th goal in the final 30 seconds of the second. Crosby, from behind the goal, initially tried to bank a shot off Stars goaltender Antti Niemi. When that plan was unsuccessful, he batted his own rebound out of the air, off Niemi and into the net.I was just trying to get it to the net on the first one, Crosby said. The second one, it was just kind of laying there for me. It was pretty slow, so it was a good one to get.Marc-Andre Fleury made 33 saves for Pittsburgh. Fleury, who won for the first time in five starts, has six wins in his last nine home games.He wasnt surprised by Crosbys goal.I see him do that in practice a lot on me, Fleury said. I was glad though because it was big for us.Tyler Seguin and Devin Shore scored for the Stars, who continue to struggle on the road. Niemi, playing in his 400th career game, stopped 34 shots.Dallas has three wins in 14 road games this season. The Stars have lost three straight and sevven of their last 10 overall.ddddddddddddI think we all take pride in here, Seguin said. Its just not good enough. Its frustrating and we have to dig deeper, especially in those big moments and find ways to win hockey games.Crosby has 16 goals in 18 games after missing the first six because of a concussion. He has six goals and 12 points in his last eight games.The Penguins are 7-0 following a regulation loss and 16-0-1 after the previous 17 regulation defeats dating to last season. Pittsburgh also snapped a four-game skid against the Stars.The defending Stanley Cup champions were an inconsistent group throughout the majority of November, alternating wins and losses most of the month.The Penguins hope Crosbys goal can help turn things around in December.I think we expect better of ourselves every game, Crosby said. Were working hard, but I still think we can execute better.Game notes Stars D Stephen Johns, a Pittsburgh native, registered an assist in his first game against his hometown team. ... Seguin has 13 points in his last 14 games. ... Stars F Jason Spezza has 48 points in 41 career games against Pittsburgh. ... Penguins F Scott Wilson replaced Jake Guentzel in the lineup. ... Penguins F Chris Kunitz is skating, and getting closer to a return, but missed his sixth straight with a lower-body injury. ... Penguins D Trevor Daley, who played 11 seasons in Dallas, faced his former team for the first time.UP NEXTStars: Complete a four-game trip Saturday at Colorado.Penguins: Continue a three-game home stand Saturday against Detroit. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz