Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

12.04.2019 10:45
days -- two days after a 64-47 Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Manager Ned Yost called it just another day.It wasnt. It was Yosts 62nd birthday on Friday, but he had to wait until Saturday morning to celebrate the Kansas City Royals 5-4 victory over the Minnesota Twins in 11 innings.It was the hat trick: three-hour, three-minute rain delay, 12-minute delay for a lights malfunction and extra innings.Guys pulled up a truck last night (Thursday) and they probably had too much to drink and they wanted me to go out and have a beer with them after the game, Yost said. I said, no guys. Im sorry. A (guy) said, Well, its my birthday. I said, good, happy birthday, mine is tomorrow. And they said really.Yost asked them how old he looks?They said, You look 50-51, Yost said. I said, OK, good. You guys go have a good time and stay out of trouble.Yost could have had a happier birthday if starter Edinson Volquez maintained a 4-1 lead in the fifth inning with three quick outs, which would have made it an official game. Instead, Volquez retired only one of the five batters he faced, and yielded three runs, three doubles and a single.The Royals have won six straight, equaling their longest winning streak of the season.Right-hander Ian Kennedy will start for the Royals on Saturday and the Twins will counter with left-hander Hector Santiago.Kennedy is 1-0 with a 0.95 ERA in his first three August starts. He has not won since June 26 at Kauffman Stadium.Santiago, who was acquired Aug. 1 from the Los Angeles Angels for Ricky Nolasco and Alex Meyer, is 0-3 with a 9.42 ERA in his first three Twins starts. Santiago has allowed 16 runs (15 earned) and 21 hits, including four home runs, three walks and a hit batter in 14 1/3 innings.The Royals beat up Santiago on Saturday at Target Field. He was pulled after four innings, surrendering seven runs and nine hits. With the bullpen worn out after five relievers were utilized in the extra-inning loss, Twins manager Paul Molitor is hoping Santiago can give them several innings.He said he will talk to pitching coach Neil Allen about who might not be available for Saturday. That would include right-hander Ryan Pressly, who required 45 pitches to get through two innings. Left-hander Taylor Rogers threw 23 pitches in 1 2/3 innings and is probably iffy.Ill have to talk to Neil and try to measure whos available and how much we can get from people, Molitor said. Theres going to be some people not available, so, come on, Hector.Molitor said they debated on sending Pressly out for another inning.I thought a little bit about tomorrow and Sunday, but we had a chance to win a game and if he was OK I was going to let him go out there, Molitor said. Sure enough, he had a long inning, some long at-bats, and he got up there past the 40s and I wanted to make sure he was OK.We were able to give him a few days rest prior to today, but he wanted that last hitter and he was able to get him out. That was a pick-me-up at the time for him to get through two for us. Cooper Kupp Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Robert Woods Jersey . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. http://www.officiallaramspro.com/Eric-dickerson-rams-jersey/ . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Jack Youngblood Jersey .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Orlando Pace Jersey . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Daryl Macon scored a career-high 15 points as Arkansas rebounded from its first loss with an 89-76 win over Mount St. Marys on Monday night.The victory improves the Razorbacks (4-1) to 50-1 at home against unranked nonconference opponents under coach Mike Anderson, and it came after an 85-71 loss to Minnesota last week.Macon, coming off the bench for the first time this season, topped his previous best of 13 points in just 18 minutes of action. Jaylen Barford also came off the bench for the first time and had 13 points, while Dustin Thomas added 13 and Dusty Hannahs 12 for Arkansas.I just wanted to maybe get started with the mindset of defense is what were going to hang our hats on, Anderson said. I thought those guys set the tone early on ... I thought (Macon and Barford) came off the bench and gave us a lift.Elijah Long led the Mountaineers (1-7) with 24 points, while Greg Alexander added 12 in the loss. Long got 17 of his points in the first half but finished 6 of 17 from the floor for Mount St. Marys, which shot 50 percent (15 of 30) in the first half but only 12 of 31 (38.7 percent) in the second.Long was also 10 of 10 on free throws and finished with seven assists for the Mountaineers, who are now 0-3 in their history against the Southeastern Conference.Mount St. Marys coach Jamion Christian was unavailable for comment following the game.Arkansas entered Monday following a six-day layoff after a disappointing 85-71 loss at Minnesota, and it did so with a new starting look -- with talented junior college transfers Barford and Macon coming off the bench.The duo had an immediate impact in their new roles, helping the Razorbacks to an early 13-2 run that pushed their lead to 18-12 after trailing early in the game. Barford and Macon had eight of the points for Arkansas during the run, and they had 15 first-half points on 6-of-10 shooting.I just tried to bring a lot of energy tonight, coming offf the bench, Macon said.dddddddddddd I tried to get what the first group had going and take it to another level. I just tried to play with a lot of energy and a lot of heart tonight.BIG PICTUREMount St. Marys: The Mountaineers shot the ball well for most of the game, but they simply wore down during the second half of their third road game in six days -- two days after a 64-47 loss at Michigan. Mount St. Marys doesnt play its first home game until Saturday. You could see the wear and tear take effect, Anderson said.Arkansas: The Razorbacks have to be pleased with the comfortable bounce-back win, but there are still concerns about Kingsley -- the preseason Southeastern Conference Player of the Year. The senior entered Monday averaging 9.8 points and 7.3 rebounds per game, off his 15.9/9.3 lines of a season ago. Kingsley once again struggled to find his offensive role on Monday, finishing with nine points on 3-of-8 shooting, but he did have a season-high 13 rebounds.BLOCK PARTYKingsley had one block on Monday, and he now has 20 on the season. The senior entered the game second in the country with an average of 4.8 blocks per game, more than 220 of the 351 Division I teams.DRIVING DUSTYHannahs finished 4 of 14 from the field and 0 of 5 on 3-pointers, the first time the senior has failed to connect from behind the arc in a game since Feb. 13 against Mississippi. Hannahs failed to hit a 3-pointer in just four games last season, when he led Arkansas with an average of 16.5 points per game and shot 43 percent on 3-pointers.UP NEXTMount St. Marys stays on the road for the ninth straight time to open the season at Loyola on Saturday.The Razorbacks continue a stretch of three games in six days when they host Stephen F. Austin on Thursday.---More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz