Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 87 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

16.04.2019 08:14
balances on a physio ball on her knees to do what Antworten

Dont be fooled by some of their easygoing attitudes: Surfers dont just hit the waves and call it a day. They train, too.In surfing, there is that aspect where you can be an athlete and still do it as a lifestyle, but for me Ive been competing professionally on the World Tour and to be involved in something like this, it goes to show that we do fine tune our bodies, said surfer?Courtney Conlogue, who is competing on the WSL Womens World Tour. During the offseason I train three to five days a week, and then I train every day in the water. Depending on the way the swell is -- because our sport is based on Mother Nature -- but when the waves are good, I surf probably six hours a day.Conlogue sat down with ESPN The Magazine for its 2016 Body Issue to share what the life of a surfer is actually like.Surf training has changedIt isnt just a stereotype that surfers dont train in the gym -- it was a reality not too long ago. Intense training such as weightlifting is still fairly new to the sport.Right now were in a transition, where in order to be successful you have to hit the gym, you have to do the extra in order to conquer the ocean and become a world champ.Conlogues workout boils down to three main activities outside of being in the water.WeightliftingI love lifting weights, I really do. But for me I have to watch how much weight Im lifting, just because I can really easily bulk up and gain a lot of body mass.Core exercisesA strong core is absolutely necessary in surfing, Conlogue said. I find having a strong core is really crucial because when youre in the water, so much stability is going on and your core is able to keep you centered when youre upside down or going sideways and doing different things on the waves.She does crossover crunches with a physio ball to activate her core muscles.Exercise ball workoutsConlogue also uses exercise balls in other workouts. She uses a Bosu ball while doing squats, and also balances on a physio ball on her knees to do what she calls an open box, rotating her arms and shoulders, mimicking how she has to maintain control of her body while she surfs.Martial arts mixBefore she was a surfer, Conlogue tried her hand at many different sports, like being on the swim team and track team. But one that stuck with her throughout her surfing days is martial arts.I might actually go back to try and get my black belt just because its something that, I dont know, its unfinished business. I can probably do a killer round kick right now.Living and breathing the oceanWhen someone spends hours in the water, its only normal that he or she would build a relationship with the ocean.?I watch the ocean. I study the ocean. I live and breathe the ocean. Any opportunity I have, I try to predict it, which is a very unpredictable thing. But you can learn how to follow your gut and your instincts that possibly gets you into that spot to hit that wave.This summer, espnW is running stories, essays and letters on body image as part of a series called Love, My Body. Read more from the series ? CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- Rodney Chatman scored 16 points off the bench and 11 players scored as Chattanooga routed small-school neighbor Hiwassee 102-54 in its home opener Wednesday night.The Mocs roared out of the gate on a 23-4 run to take complete control of the game against its National Christian College Athletic Association rival from Madisonville, Tennessee. Chattanooga built a 46-17 lead at intermission and outscored Hiwassee by 19 points over the final 20 minutes.Justin Tuoyo added 15 points for the Mocs, who shot 57.dddddddddddd6 percent from the field, knocking down 38 of 66 shots from the floor, including 17 of 35 from three-point range.Daniel Graves led the Tigers with 14 points and Jay Cade added another 10. Hiwassee was 17 of 61 shooting from the field (27.9 percent) and 6 of 23 from distance.The Mocs beat Tennessee in its opener, 82-69, but lost to No. 6 North Carolina 97-57, both on the road. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz