Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 87 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
Dogcat250 Offline

16.04.2019 08:38
the Patriots, he allowed six catches for Antworten

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Rex Ryan insists this will not be a lost season for Dee Milliner. No, not even after benching him twice already this season. The New York Jets coach still believes the first-round draft pick will end up rebounding in a major way. "Hes close to being that player that we want," Ryan said Wednesday. "I will say this: By the time the seasons over, I think he will be the best rookie corner and playing better than any rookie corner in this years draft. I dont think theres any doubt. We anticipate that. "He was the No. 1 cornerback selected, but thats how we feel about him. I think hes close. I really do." Milliner has started four games, but has also dealt with a hamstring injury that sidelined him three games. He was benched in the second half against New England in Week 2, and again in the second quarter last Sunday against Cincinnati. Ryan says Milliner will be back in the starting secondary against New Orleans on Sunday. "I think with Dee, when I went back and I watched that tape," Ryan said, "hes a lot closer than I think (hes) given credit for." The problem is, theres not a lot on film from games to sway people to agree with the coach. After all, Milliner was the first cornerback taken in the draft after a standout career during which he won two national championships at Alabama. Also at play is the fact that Milliner took Darrelle Revis spot in the secondary, starting opposite Antonio Cromartie. Revis was considered one of the premier players at his position, and Cromartie has assumed his role as the No. 1 cornerback. But Milliner was considered a starter from Day 1, despite the shoulder surgery that kept him out of the off-season training sessions and slowly getting up to speed during training camp. There were 28 players drafted as cornerbacks after him, including three in the first round: Oaklands D.J. Hayden, Atlantas Desmond Trufant and Minnesotas Xavier Rhodes. Trufant has started all seven of the Falcons games, while Hayden and Rhodes have started one each. "Oh, man, you feel bad," Milliner said of having to stand on the sideline and watch during games. "But, you know, its for the better. I was out there making physical mistakes and they put other people out there, they put (Darrin) Walls in and he did a good job of finishing the game." Against Cincinnati, Milliner gave up four receptions for 108 yards in just under a half. The previous week against the Patriots, he allowed six catches for 52 yards. "I just see him getting better, I do," Ryan said. "And I know how bad he wants it. All facets, schematically, hes not making the mental errors, so I think thats a big thing. And just his technique, I see his technique coming. Now he just needs to have some success tied along with it, and I think thats whats missing, get an interception or two and I think hes going to be good." Ryan also joked that this Sunday would be a good time for Milliner to have that kind of game. The Jets are taking on the high-powered Saints offence, with Drew Brees likely licking his chops at going after a rookie cornerback. In fact, Milliner says, he expects to get picked on. "Ive put on film that plays get over me here and there," he said. "He watches film. Hes one of the great quarterbacks in todays game. Hes going to be out there and, of course, Im the new kid out there. So, hes going to look to attack me on things." Ryan has been careful with weighing Milliners confidence, trying not to ruin it with poor performances. Thats why he has pulled him twice this season. "There are two positions I think that are critical with confidence — you want your guy confident (and) you dont want the confidence ever broken — I think thats cornerback and quarterback," Ryan said. "I think thats just one of those things where theres a couple of ways of looking at it, but my thing is I want him champing at the bit to get back out there and then you purposely keep him back there." Ryan said his father Buddy did that in Chicago with a young Mike Singletary, who overcame early struggles to become a Hall of Fame linebacker. "Im hoping it works out half as good as that one did," Ryan said, later adding, "Its just one of those things and eventually he gets the thing where you never worry about benching him ever again." NOTES: G Willie Colon (calf), TE Jeff Cumberland (concussion), WR Stephen Hill (foot), WR Santonio Holmes (hamstring) and WR Jeremy Kerley (illness) did not practice. Holmes, who has missed four straight games, said hes "making good progress," but isnt sure if hell play. ... C Nick Mangold (ribs) was limited in practice. ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org Cheap NCAA Baseball Jerseys . Her return engagement begins tonight as TSN presents Day 1 coverage of the 2015 event from Melbourne. Watch Eugenie Bouchards opening round match at the Australian Open live tonight on TSN5 at 3am et/Midnight pt. Wholesale NCAA Football Jerseys . That was OK with him. He was just happy his team came away with two points. Letestu redirected Jack Johnsons shot from the point with 2:38 left, lifting the Blue Jackets past the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-2 on Monday night. http://www.cheapncaaauthenticjerseys.com/ .com) - After Tom Brady added to an already illustrious legacy, Malcolm Butler established his by leaving the Seattle Seahawks, well, deflated. Wholesale College Jerseys Authentic . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (5) – He had good saves on Giroux, Akeson, and Hartnell tonight. Cheap College Jerseys . Make the extra pass, take care of the ball, play defence and get more out of his bench.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Broncos are without starting cornerback Aqib Talib and tight end Julius Thomas for a pivotal AFC West showdown with the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night.Talib is inactive after hurting his hamstring in last weeks win over Miami. Thomas is out for the second consecutive week because of a left ankle injury.Running backs Montee Ball (groin) and Ronnie Hillman (foot) had already beeen ruled out.ddddddddddddhe Chiefs have wide receiver Donnie Avery, who had surgery for a sports hernia, back for the first time in seven weeks. They also have former Broncos defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson available after he hurt his calf in last weeks loss in Oakland.Wide receiver Junior Hemingway is out with a concussion.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz