Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

19.04.2019 09:18
has been in rare form since missing the f Antworten

TORRANCE, Calif. -- The history of mixed martial arts is written in the scars on Dan Hendersons rugged face and in the swollen creases of his cauliflower ears.The 46-year-old former Olympic wrestler has been fighting in a cage professionally for nearly two decades. He has spent almost every month of his adult life in a perpetual state of recovery, nursing a training injury or a physical breakdown. These days, hes usually just battling the cumulative weariness of a lengthy athletic career entering early middle age.I dont even notice anymore, he said before a recent workout in his native Southern California. Happens every training camp. I get cuts and bruises. Its part of the job.Henderson is tired of getting hit in the face, and he longs for a life without daily cardiovascular training. He plans to retire after one last bout this weekend in Manchester, England, and he is determined to finish his fighting life on his feet -- with a belt around his waist.Over 16 years and 42 fights after Henderson participated in a four-man, one-night tournament at UFC 17, he will meet middleweight champion Michael Bisping in the main event of UFC 204.Henderson (32-14) relishes the chance to finish his lifelong climb at the summit of his sport. He has held titles in the Strikeforce and Pride promotions, but he never claimed a UFC belt, losing back-to-back title fights nine years ago.Ive had title shots before, and I know that for whatever reason, I didnt do well in them, Henderson said. Especially the UFC title shots that Ive had. Yeah, I want to make sure that I make the most of this opportunity.Henderson has lost six of his last nine fights, and he is only getting this title shot at the insistence of the UFC and Bisping, who wants revenge.At UFC 100 in 2009, Henderson knocked Bisping out cold with an astonishing overhand right to the jaw. Henderson punctuated one of the most spectacular knockouts in MMA history with a flying elbow to Bispings defenseless head as he fell.Henderson wont apologize for taking the spot of a more deserving contender against the 37-year-old Bisping (29-7), who claimed the title in similarly stunning fashion this summer by knocking out Luke Rockhold.Obviously, its the last goal Ive set for myself in the sport, Henderson said. Its definitely going to rank right up there with everything Ive done.Bisping has called Henderson a cheat for his past use of testosterone replacement therapy. A loophole in UFC regulations allowed fighters to legally compete on steroids, but Henderson dropped his TRT use when the practice was outlawed.Henderson said he plans to return to TRT use after his fighting career ends, saying his body felt a little better back then. Obviously Im still able to compete without it, though.He could have walked into that future in June after his stoppage victory over Hector Lombard at UFC 199 in Inglewood, his wife and four children in attendance. His UFC contract was up, and he owns a thriving gym in Temecula, where 300 of his closest friends and family are waiting to hold their annual Labor Day pig roast until after his title shot.But Henderson is fighting on. He wants one more shot to land one of his heavy right hands, dubbed the H-Bomb by his fans many years ago.Every day, I try to learn things and improve, Henderson said. Over the years, I wouldnt have been able to compete at the level Ive competed on if I hadnt improved, because this sport has evolved, and its still evolving. Everybody is getting better every year.So Henderson has vowed this will be his last fight -- but even he knows fighters cant be trusted to stick to these declarations.His children wont make the trip to England because of school, and he would hate to end his career without them. He has also said he would definitely consider fighting again, particularly as the UFC champion, when he knows his body would keep going for another half-decade.He needs only one more brilliant performance to take this two-decade career to a new pinnacle.I guess everybody has a price, you know, he said. If they really had to have me back, I suppose they could make me smile. Under Armour Clearance Sale . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. Under Armour Shoes Sale .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. http://www.cheapunderarmouraustralia.com/ . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. Under Armour Sale Australia . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Under Armour Shoes Cheap . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Kings cant win in regulation, and theyre unbeatable in extra time. They fail to score a goal for a full week, and then they outscore the defending Stanley Cup champions.Although the Kings season doesnt make much sense so far, not even Sidney Crosbys latest burst of brilliance could stop them.Nic Dowd scored 2:37 into overtime, and the Kings snapped a three-game skid with a 3-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday night.Trevor Lewis and Matt Greene scored slump-busting goals and Peter Budaj made 21 saves in a strong bounce-back effort for the Kings, who had been shut out in three consecutive games and 10 full periods before they applied their grinding defensive game to slow down the speedy Pens.Los Angeles is 0-6-0 in regulation this season, but 5-0-0 in overtime games.We obviously played through (difficulties), coming from down a goal, and got a lead, said coach Darryl Sutter, who earned his 600th NHL victory. I thought we were really solid. Scored the first goal. Just got to keep fighting through that stuff.The Kings started overtime with a power play, but Pittsburgh easily killed it. Dowd then got in alone on Fleury and slipped in a backhand for his second NHL goal.Dowd said he only ended up in position to score because he had fallen down earlier, forcing him to join the rush late.Nothing special. I just made a move and luckily that side was open, Dowd said. Maybe the other 50 percent of the time, maybe (Fleury) is there.Crosby scored two goals for Pittsburgh, giving him six in five games to start his season. Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 24 shots for the Penguins, whose four-game winning streak ended.It was just tight hockey, Crosby said. Theyre pretty comfortable playing that way. Theyre always pretty stingy, especially playing at home. Thats just kind of the game you expect. You dont accept it. You want to get chances, you want to generate, but not if it means giving things back the other way.Despite giving up Crosbys tying goal midway through the third period, the Kings rallied to win a meeting of Second Siix NHL franchises celebrating their 50th anniversaries.ddddddddddddThese teams have won four of the last eight Stanley Cup titles, but only the Penguins are in contending form at this early point of the season.Crosby has been in rare form since missing the first six games with a concussion, scoring goals in four of his five games with two multi-goal efforts already. He scored in the first period and then tied the game midway through the third, deflecting home Kris Letangs shot.We marvel some at how good he is, Pittsburgh coach Mike Sullivan said. Hes playing inspiring hockey right now.The Kings got their goals from much less likely sources.Lewis ended their 205-minute, 25-second scoreless drought when his contested attempt trickled underneath Fleury for the grinding forwards first regular-season goal since March 26.Greene then ended his 26-game scoring drought with a long slap shot early in the third. The stay-at-home defenseman hadnt scored a point since March 3, 2015.Theres really no rhyme or reason to it, Greene said. Just try to shoot the puck as hard as you can at the net every time.Game notes Kings G Jeff Zatkoff received his Stanley Cup ring from the Penguins before the game. Zatkoff, currently injured, played early in the postseason for Pittsburgh last spring on the way to its title. ... D Kevin Gravel made his season debut for the Kings in place of Tom Gilbert, who began a three-game suspension for boarding Anaheims Nick Ritchie on Tuesday. ... LW Teddy Purcell returned to the Kings lineup for the first time since Oct. 14. The newcomer played in Los Angeles first two games, but was scratched for the next eight with an undisclosed injury. ... Pittsburgh scratched RW Tom Kuhnhackl for the second straight game. He scored no goals in the first nine games.UP NEXTPenguins: At San Jose on Saturday night for a Stanley Cup Final rematch.Kings: Host Calgary on Saturday night before heading to Eastern Canada for a road trip. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz