Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

26.04.2019 08:28
that Kansas City has often been playing f Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Jamaal Charles is ready to take the training wheels off.Those are his words, by the way.The four-time Pro Bowl running back returned to the field against Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago for the first time since tearing the ACL in his right knee in Week 5 last season.But he only played 10 offensive snaps and had just two carries in what turned into a 43-14 rout .After a week off, Charles was downright ebullient when he learned he would be a full participant in practice this week. And that means he should be a full participant in Sundays game in Oakland.I feel like Im ready, he said. I told them to let the training wheels off me -- I know how to ride now. Take them off and let me ride.The Chiefs (2-2) desperately need Charles to ride like the old days.The popular narrative of the first four games of the season is that the Chiefs have been just fine with the tandem of Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West.It has been espoused by everyone from coach Andy Reid to quarterback Alex Smith, and there was some substance to back up the claims after Ware played such an instrumental role in rallying Kansas City to a victory over San Diego in its opener.But the reality is that Ware has not had the same kind of impact the past three games, and West has been banged up. Third-string running back Knile Davis was also hurt in the game against the Steelers.As a result, the Chiefs are averaging just over 90 yards rushing per game, putting them 21st in the league -- a perilous imbalance for a team that cannot rely on Smith to win games with his arm.Chiefs offensive coordinator Brad Childress acknowledged Thursday that research during the bye week revealed a massive run-pass discrepancy. He said part of it had to do with the fact that Kansas City has often been playing from behind, forcing the Chiefs away from a ground-centric offensive approach.But he also admitted the Chiefs are hoping to establish the run better.Thats where Charles comes into play.All those guys have things that they do better than others, Childress said. Well kind of sprinkle him in there where we think hes most effective.Reid declined to project how much of the load Charles would carry against the Raiders, only saying that as long as there are no setbacks, hell probably do a little bit more.Charles said hes not concerned about how his knee will hold up, nor is he worried about getting hit again. He just wants to get enough carries that he can feel as if hes a part of the plan.Ive been hit my whole life. Im not worried about getting tackled, he said. I just need to get back in a game and get a rhythm and get the feeling back.Even though Charles is coming off his second surgically repaired ACL, he remains one of the most versatile and dynamic running backs in the NFL. His career average of 5.5 yards per carry tops Jim Brown for most in league history among qualifying running backs, and he is closing in on most of the franchise records he doesnt already own despite missing most of two seasons to injury.Their career rushing leader needs six receptions to pass Ed Podolak for second-most among Chiefs running backs, and he needs less than 1,300 yards to pass Tony Gonzalez for most yards from scrimmage.Those are chases that Charles is eager to resume.Its nonstop from here. Its like a snowball, you know what Im saying? Keep going down the hill, he said. Right now we have to stay on track, stay focused.Indeed, his return comes at a crucial juncture for the Chiefs. They face division rival Oakland on Sunday before a stretch of five straight games against teams with losing records.Its the perfect opportunity to make up ground on the AFC West.We have to come together as a team and dont panic, Charles said. Twelve games seems long but its very short. Its not like basketball with a hundred games. We have to just not panic and stay calm.Game notes LBs Tamba Hali (knees) and Sio Moore (flu) returned to practice Thursday. ... Moore signed last week after getting cut by Indianapolis, and has gotten up to speed quickly enough that he could play against Oakland. Im just preparing for whatever role theyre going to put me in, he said.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Air Max 95 NZ Outlet . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Clearance Air Max 95 NZ .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. http://www.wholesaleairmax95nz.com/ . Colin Wilson had two goals and an assist, and Mike Fisher scored a goal and helped set up two others in the Predators 6-4 victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. Cheap Air Max NZ . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Air Max 95 NZ For Sale . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. PHILADELPHIA -- A desire to be perfect has caused anxiety problems for Brandon Brooks.The Philadelphia Eagles starting right guard spoke openly Wednesday about an issue that forced him to miss two of the past three games. Brooks originally thought his condition was a stomach disorder.I have an anxiety condition, not nervousness or fear of the game, Brooks said. I have an obsession with the game. Its an unhealthy obsession right now and Im working with team doctors to get everything straightened out and getting the help that I need.Brooks said the problems causes him to vomit to the point he was hospitalized before Philadelphia played a Monday night game against Green Bay on Nov. 28. Brooks also experienced the symptoms before last Sundays game against Washington.The 27-year-old Brooks is now taking medication for the anxiety issues and is also seeing a counselor.Im not ashamed of it, Brooks said. Im getting the help I need. Im taking steps now. First, once youve got an issue or problem, youve got to admit it. I admit it, I accept it, I own it. Get the medication I need to tone it down, talk to somebody, figure out why Im constantly searching to be perfect.Brooks signed a $40 million, five-year contract with the Eagles after four seasons in Houston. He started the first 10 games in his first season in Philadelphia before sitting out two of the next three games.ddddddddddddFor me, its just I always want to be perfect in what I do and if Im not perfect its not good enough, and sometimes that just really weighs on you, he said. I have to learn how to kind of chill out and understand its OK to make mistakes. Its OK to not be perfect.Brooks was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer when he experienced similar symptoms playing for the Texans. He sought help after the recent episodes.I thought it was something physical in my stomach, so I didnt know it could possibly be something else, he said. What happens is, I wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning -- not to be too graphic -- but uncontrollable vomiting and theres nothing the doctors can give me once it happens that stops it. It goes for a full 24 hours. Thats what happens.Brooks expects to play Sunday when the Eagles (5-8) visit Baltimore (7-6).The organization has been great, theyve supported me with this, my teammates have rallied around me, Brooks said.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP-RobMaaddi ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz