Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

05.05.2019 06:49
t.Gomez, who reported to Triple-A Round Rock Antworten

FORT WORTH, Texas --?TCU?coach Gary Patterson clearly was exaggerating when he said his 15th-ranked Horned Frogs have to improve on defense or risk giving up 1,000?yards and 1,000 points to Arkansas this weekend.Still, that sent a message to his players after their struggles against FCS team South Dakota State in a 59-41 season-opening victory that dropped them two spots in the latest Top 25 poll.Coach P is really good at challenging us, making us feel like any time were underperforming, we need to do better, defensive end James McFarland said Tuesday. When he says stuff like that, we just feel like, OK, well, how can we not allow that to happen. ... Going forward, I feel pretty confident.Patterson, in his 16th season as TCUs head coach, still oversees the defense and calls the plays on that side of the ball, as he did as coordinator for three seasons. He said he didnt do a very good job of getting his players lined up against the Jackrabbits.Next up for TCU (1-0) is Saturday nights home game against former Southwest Conference rival Arkansas (1-0). This will be their first meeting since 1991, the Razorbacks last season before moving to the SEC.South Dakota State piled up 461 total yards at TCU, and the game was tied until midway through the third quarter. Oklahoma, Texas Tech and SMU were the only Frogs opponents that gained more yards lasts season.The Jackrabbits surprised TCU, one of the Big 12s best defenses, with what they did on offense.We only saw about 10 percent of what we worked on, Patterson said Tuesday in giving credit to South Dakota State. The thing that was probably was the most disappointing [was that] we just didnt tackle very well. We acted like we were surprised. As I told them on the sidelines, if they went into this ball game thinking they were going to throw a shutout, they were [wrong]. The key is you go into a ballgame trying to win and see how it turns out.While the tackling was an issue, the Frogs were pretty basic with what they were doing defensively and not putting much on film for the scouting purposes of Arkansas and other upcoming FBS opponents.Patterson said he probably played Travin Howard too much in the opener, after the junior linebacker hadnt practiced very much. Strong safety Denzel Johnson had also been out for some time and, like Howard, didnt play up to the level they had played up to here.Cornerback Ranthony Texada is also getting back to form after playing only three games last season before a knee injury. McFarland, TCUs leader in sacks in 2014, missed all of last season because of a broken toe.Just by watching Sundays practice, I will tell you, if they werent listening to me, theyre listening to me now after they got a chance to watch film, Patterson said. I expect them to play better than what we did in the first ballgame. ... Were going to have to get better doing the things that we need to do. Cheap Nike Shoes Wholesale China ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Cheap Nike Shoes China . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. http://www.cheapnikeshoesonline.com/ . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Nike Shoes Clearance Sale Online . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. Cheap Nike Shoes Online Shopping . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Less than two weeks after being designated for assignment by the Houston Astros, Carlos Gomez will have the opportunity to be a starting outfielder with the AL West-leading Texas Rangers.Texas manager Jeff Banister told reporters Sunday that Gomez will be the Rangers left fielder once he is brought up from the minor leagues.The 30-year-old outfielder, who signed a minor league deal with the Rangers on Saturday, said he expects to play three or four games with Round Rock before being added to the major league roster.The plan is to play about three games in Triple-A and take advantage of that opportunity because I have been out for 10 days, Gomez said. I really dont think [the time off] is going to affect me, because I have worked out and practiced every day, but live pitching is different. So I am going to play a few games in Triple A to get back into the swing of things, that way when I go up to a team that is in first place I can have a positive impact.Gomez, who reported to Triple-A Round Rock on Sunday, told ESPN.com that he evaluated offers from several teams, including the Miami Marlins, but opted for the Rangers due to their position as divisional leaders, the opportunity to get regular playing time, and his familiarity with the league and division.This is an amazing opportunity for me to go to a team that is in first place in the division and headed to the playoffs, Gomez said in a phone conversation Saturday night. I had a few offers from other teams, but I chose the Rangers because I believe it is the team wwhere I can feel most comfortable and develop better since I will be staying in the same division.dddddddddddd Even though I did not do my job with the Astros, I know the league and the division well.The Rangers are a team that seem to have great harmony and their playing style is similar to mine, but the first thing for me was that they are in first place and have players like Adrian Beltre, Carlos Beltran, Elvis Andrus, Ian Desmond; thats pretty special. Its inspiring. I am going to be on a winning team.Gomez gave credit to Beltran for the Rangers giving him a chance after hitting .210 with five home runs and 29 RBIs in 85 games before being released by Houston. Gomez was brought up in the New York Mets organization, where he met the Puerto Rican outfielder in 2005; they were teammates during the 2007 season.Carlos Beltran has been like a father to me; he has always being very supportive of my career, Gomez said. When a player like Carlos Beltran speaks on your behalf then I think he believes in that person because I dont think he would put his reputation on the line if someone is not worth it.The fact that he even gave his opinion [to the Rangers] about me means a lot, he added. We are talking about someone who has been a very important person in my career and is a future Hall of Famer. When someone who has had an 18-year career at that level speaks, people listen; his opinion matters. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz