Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
carrie567 Offline

23.05.2019 04:02
return to Winnipeg as a preca Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Before touching home plate, Mike Aviles slowed down long enough to get splashed in the face with cold water by his teammates. Maybe the Indians are waking up just in time. Aviles homered leading off the 11th inning Friday night to give Cleveland a 2-1 win over the Baltimore Orioles. Aviles, who made two barehanded plays at third base earlier in the game, connected on a 1-2 pitch from Brian Matusz (2-3), driving it onto the home run porch in left field for just Clevelands second run in the past 22-plus innings. The Indians were shut out 1-0 by Arizona in 12 innings on Wednesday night. After rounding third, Aviles was doused by his jubilant teammates, who then embraced him and danced as one up the first-base line. "That would have been a tough one to lose," Indians manager Terry Francona said. The Indians ninth walk-off win -- and second in three games -- allowed them to keep their playoff push going and not waste another strong outing from Corey Kluber, who allowed just one run in 7 2-3 innings and remained unbeaten in eight starts since June. Scott Atchison (6-0) retired all six batters. Kluber struck out 10 and has allowed just four runs in 47 2-3 innings over six second-half starts. He has a 0.76 ERA since July 6. The stoic Kluber, nicknamed "Klubot" by for his passive demeanour, walked one. "Hes so good and he competes," Francona said. "Hes just worked himself into being one of the premier pitchers in baseball. He wants to be the best." Rookie Zach Walters homered off Baltimore starter Wei-Yin Chen as the Indians won for the fourth time in five games. Blanked until the eighth by Kluber, the Orioles tied it on J.J. Hardys two-out single. After Kluber got two outs, Nelson Cruz singled off the right-hander, who has been on a remarkable run during the seasons second half. Kluber received a standing ovation from Clevelands fans as he walked to the dugout, and he had barely taken a seat when the Orioles evened it against Bryan Shaw. Delmon Young singled and Hardy, who missed the previous four games with a sprained left thumb, also singled, with Cruz scoring ahead of centre fielder Michael Brantleys throw to the plate. Klubers eight double-digit strikeout games this season are the most for an Indians pitcher since Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley in 1976. Walters gave the Indians a 1-0 lead with a homer in the fifth off Chen, who allowed only four hits in seven innings. During his brilliant second-half stretch, Kluber has struck out 55 in less than 48 innings, outdueled Seattle ace Felix Hernandez, downed the Tigers and Yankees and carried a perfect game into the seventh at Kansas City on July 24 before getting a no-decision. Kluber hasnt lost since June 30, and that was a 1-0 setback against the Dodgers. GAMESMANSHIP Francona wasnt pleased with how the umpires handled Baltimore manager Buck Showalter contesting that Orioles centre fielder Adam Jones was hit by a pitch in the eighth. Francona felt the delay -- Jones squared to bunt and appeared to get hit in the hand -- may have affected Kluber. After looking at a replay, the umpires determined Jones offered at the pitch. THIS BUDS FOR YOU: Francona had high praise for baseball commissioner Bud Selig, who will be replaced in January by Rob Manfred. Francona has gotten to know Selig over the years and credited him with steering the game through "some tumultuous times." "I cant imagine trying to please 30 owners and 30 teams," Francona said, "especially the way baseball is set up." TRAINERS ROOM Orioles: 3B Manny Machado (sprained right knee) is travelling with the team, but theres no timetable for when his return. Indians: 1B Nick Swisher will have his right knee examined again on Tuesday in Los Angeles. Its possible hell need season-ending surgery, and Swishers injury could explain his lack of production in his second season with Cleveland. UP NEXT Former Indians RHP Ubaldo Jimenez (4-8) faces his ex-teammates for the second time this season. Jimenez went 13-9 for Cleveland last season before signing with Baltimore as a free agent. Hell face RHP Carlos Carrasco (4-4), making his second start since returning to Clevelands rotation. Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey . Leave it to Matt Niskanen, the newly proclaimed Eddie Haskell of the Washington Capitals. Stefano Sturaro Jersey . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Mattia-Perin-Jersey/. Last years runner-up, Sara Errani, also reached the last eight in straight sets. Flipkens converted all four of her break points against Meusburger, and the third-seeded Errani broke Karin Knapps serve five times to win their all-Italian match 6-4, 6-3. Mattia Caldara Jersey . Ortiz hit a pair of two-run homers, including his 400th shot in a Red Sox uniform, and drove in a career high-tying six runs to power Boston past the Houston Astros 10-7 on Saturday night. Andrea Barzagli Jersey . "After consultation with the Team USA medical staff and officials, it was determined that he should return to Winnipeg as a precaution due to his previous injury history," Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said Wednesday in a statement. MONACO -- Roger Federer will try to win the Monte Carlo Masters for the first time and Stanislas Wawrinka his first Masters title anywhere when they meet in an all-Swiss final on Sunday. Federer ousted defending champion Novak Djokovic 7-5, 6-2 on Saturday, after Wawrinka had beaten sixth-seeded David Ferrer of Spain 6-1, 7-6 (3). Sundays match will be the first all-Swiss final since Marc Rosset beat Federer in Marseille in 2000, and the first time that Federer and Wawrinka meet in a championship decider. "I think its incredible that we are in the finals together, the same week weve been playing so well," Federer said. "I know Spaniards have it, French guys have it, Americans might have it. But for us its so rare. Last time was 14 years ago. I played so many matches in the meantime ... You think its never going to happen again." The odds appear stacked against Australian Open champion Wawrinka, who trails 13-1 overall against 17-time Grand Slam winner Federer. Wawrinka has lost his previous two Masters finals -- at Madrid last year and Rome six years ago. But he will take heart from the fact his only win against Federer was here, in the third round, back in 2009 -- although Federer had other things on his mind back then. "I was basically on my honeymoon. I married on Saturday and I came over here and played him like on Thursday," Federer said. "I know I have a good head-to-head (record) against him. I dont read that much into it. Hes a different calibre player now." Federer looked in good touch against Djokovic but conceded that the Serb -- who had a right-wrist injury -- was not at his best. "I feel like I have put in the performance to be there, gave myself the opportunity this week. So Im very happy with my play. Of course, I did see that Novak was struggling," Federer said. "Now I set up the dream final for Stan and myself annd Swiss tennis and the Swiss fans.ddddddddddddIts very exciting times right now." Djokovic complained of soreness in his right wrist at the start of the week and took to the court with it heavily strapped. It seemed to affect him more toward the end of the first set, and he was serving way below his best throughout the second. "Its unfortunate that when youre playing at this level against Roger, big tournament, that you are not able to play your game because something else is taking away all your energy and effort," Djokovic said. "I did everything I could really, I was on the medications every day, I was doing different therapies, injections." The fourth-seeded Federer entered the tournament only after accepting a wild card invitation, having missed the two previous editions. He lost three consecutive finals to eight-time champion Rafael Nadal from 2006-08. Djokovic missed two break-point chances when he had Federer 15-40 down in the 10th game, but Federers backhand got him out of trouble and he saved the next one with a smash at the net. Federer was inconsistent in his quarterfinal win against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, but looked sharp against Djokovic, teasing him with one casual drop shot that surprised the Serb and drew loud cheers from the centre-court crowd soaking up the Mediterranean sunshine. Federer broke for 6-5 when Djokovic netted a weak forehand. At the changeover, Djokovic nursed his right wrist as he sat in his chair, looking stern-faced and pensive. "From the end of the first and the whole second, every shot was pain, especially with the serve," he said. Djokovics first-serve speed dropped to 160 kph (100 mph) in the second set and he was unable to properly flex his arm as he tried to return one shot from Federer in the third game. But it was becoming too easy for Federer, who improved to 18-16 overall against Djokovic. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Authentic Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys France Soccer Jerseys Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Brazil Jerseys From China Germany Jerseys From China Authentic Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap France Football Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Football Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys China cheap uswnt jersey authentic Authentic AC Milan Jerseys Discount Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Chelsea Jerseys From China Barcelona Jerseys From China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Authentic Inter Milan Jerseys Authentic Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Liverpool Jerseys Authentic Manchester City Jerseys Authentic Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Authentic Real Madrid Jerseys Sevilla Jerseys For Sale Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz