Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

27.05.2019 08:25
le, Galaxy coach Bruce Arena said. We knew t Antworten

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- No. 21 Iowa State kept firing away until some of its shots finally began to drop.Monte Morris scored 20 points and Matt Thomas shrugged off a cold shooting performance to make a 3-pointer that put his team ahead for good, and the Cyclones held off Indiana State 73-71 in the opening game of the AdvoCare Invitational at Disney World on Thursday.We know we can make shots. Just have to adapt to the atmosphere, Morris said after Iowa State (4-0) remained unbeaten despite shooting 34.2 percent from the field and barely making half its free throws.Nobody on the sideline was out of the game. Everyone was engaged, Morris added. I think we all stayed together. We always had confidence.Thomas was just 2 of 10 from the field. He put the Cyclones ahead with his second 3-pointer with 54 seconds remaining. Nazareth Mitrou-Long made one of two free throws with 7.6 seconds left, and Indiana States hopes for an upset ended when Brenton Scotts 3-pointer rimmed out at the buzzer.Obviously very disappointed. ... We had a chance to be beat an awful good team, Indiana State coach Greg Lansing said.We were right there. Coach drew up a play for us to execute the last second. Unfortunately my shot didnt go in, Scott said. Its a salty loss. Its a salty taste. ... Its going to hurt me for a while.Iowa State (4-0) advanced to the tournament semifinals, despite going 5 for 15 from the foul line over the final 10 minutes. The Cyclones trailed for most of the first half before using an 11-0 run to wipe out a nine-point deficit.Morris, who also had nine rebounds, was joined in double figures by Mitrou-Long and Darrell Bowie with 13 apiece. Deonte Burton and Thomas, who missed eight of 10 shots from the field, each finished with 10.Scott led Indiana State (2-2) with 20 points on 7 of 18 shooting, a pair of long 3-pointers that gave the Sycamores leads in the closing minutes. Laquarious Paige came off the bench to score a career-high 20, and reserve TJ Bell had 10 points and 11 rebounds.BIG PICTUREThis tournament provides the first real test of the young season for Iowa State, which won its first three games over Savannah State, Mount St. Marys and The Citadel by an average of 42 points. The Cyclones start five seniors, but Indiana State is an experienced team, too. The Sycamores hung tough, making a final push after falling behind 54-48, but didnt have to enough to put the game away when they climbed back on top.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe AdvoCare field features two teams ranked in the Top 25, Iowa State and No. 11 Gonzaga. Three others teams the Cyclones could wind up facing at Disney World -- Florida, Seton Hall and Miami -- are perched just outside the Top 25 in this weeks Associated Press poll .SHAKY FROM THE LINEIowa State might have been able to put the Sycamores away earlier if not for poor free-throw shooting. The Cyclones went 15 for 29 from the foul line, including just 5 of 15 over the last 9:46.SCOTT LEADS THE WAYScott entered the tournament leading the Missouri Valley Conference in scoring at 22.3 points per game. The junior was 7 of 18 from the field, including 4 of 10 from behind the 3-point line. Paige is a sophomore whose previous career high was 8 points. He had been averaging just 4.7 before Thursday.UP NEXTThe Cyclones will meet Miami (4-0) in the semifinals of the eight-team tournament on Friday. Indiana State falls into the losers bracket, where the Sycamores will face Stanford (4-1).---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Custom High School Jerseys .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. Custom Jerseys From China . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. http://www.customjerseysnearme.com/ .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. Custom Uniforms Outlet . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Authentic Custom Jerseys . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. CARSON, Calif. -- Landon Donovan embraced his wife and cradled his young son for the first time after a soccer game, basking in the moment he craved when he ended his 21-month MLS retirement.Donovan then handed off his son and ran straight to the LA Galaxys locker room to get on a treadmill.The most accomplished player in U.S. history truly realized the length of the challenge stretching before him after he returned to the Galaxy as a second-half substitute Sunday night, playing about 10 minutes in their dominant 4-2 victory over Orlando City.Im so far away, the 34-year-old Donovan said. I came into a game where both teams were exhausted, and I was the slowest player on the field. I need to get myself ready to compete in a real way. Bruce and the coaching staff need to know what when they put me in, it can mean something. So tonight worked out well, but I need to be able to contribute.Donovan, the top scorer in the history of MLS and the U.S. mens national team, announced his comeback with the Galaxy three days earlier. He has committed to return for at least the rest of this season, which he hopes will end with his record seventh MLS Cup championship.Wearing a No. 26 jersey instead of his usual No. 10, he got a lengthy standing ovation from the StubHub Center crowd before entering in the 83rd minute of his first game since the 2014 MLS Cup final.I was excited, but its just weird to be back in this role, because its real, Donovan said. Its really intense. The league, I think, has gotten dramatically better since Ive been gone. When I looked at Orlandos lineup, they have really, really good players all over the field. Its just amazing to see how this league has changed. Theres no room to be not fit, not sharp. Im got to be on it if I want to contribute.His teammates were in fine form: Giovani Dos Santos scored two goals and Alan Gordon added another during a first-half barrage for the Galaxy (11-4-14), who took sole possessions second place in the Western Conference with their second straight win. Captain Robbie Keane also scored as a secoond-half substitute while LA extended its unbeaten streak to five matches.ddddddddddddThe Galaxys bulging lead was the only reason Donovan got to play in his first game back.Its going to take a while, Galaxy coach Bruce Arena said. We knew that. Probably no other circumstances would have allowed me to play him today, but I wanted him to get out there and reward the crowd for showing up and all, and it helps Landon see how far he has to go.The Galaxy supporters began to sing for Donovan in the 70th minute after Keanes goal. When he took off his warmup shirt to don the No. 26 jersey, Donovan got another ovation that grew to a crescendo when he checked in.Donovan hadnt been training extensively before deciding to return, and his fitness was barely enough for a late-game run along the left side of the Galaxys formation.I think I had much more impact today in the locker room and helping out a few guys at halftime than I did on the field, Donovan said. If thats the way I contribute, thats great.Dos Santos, the Mexican star now wearing Donovans No. 10, scored or assisted on every goal in a monster performance for the Galaxy, who have struggled to get their entire star-stacked lineup healthy in a season characterized largely by frustration despite their lofty place in the standings.The Galaxy hope theyre near the end of the injury troubles that partly inspired Donovans comeback. Keane and Van Damme returned to action after breaks, but Gerrard is still out -- and Gyasi Zardes will be sidelined until the postseason.Donovan doesnt know what role hell play in the final five games of the regular season, but he is eager to build on this tentative restart.I might have played five minutes or so, maybe completed one pass, and it really makes you realize that its a whole different level, Donovan said. Ive got to get myself going again so I can really contribute, because not every week is going to be a charity five or 10 minutes. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz