Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 105 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

30.05.2019 08:57
said the team doesnt think the problem is related Antworten

AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State knew it had one of the nations best players in Monte Morris. But the Cyclones also knew that the healthy return of fellow senior guard Naz Mitrou-Long would be just as crucial to their hopes in 2016-17.Morris and Mitrou-Long looked as strong as ever in the opener. Morris had his seventh career double-double with 21 points and 11 assists and 24th-ranked Iowa State routed Savannah State 113-71 on Friday night.Mitrou-Long had 18 points with 10 rebounds and seven assists in his debut following a medical redshirt season for the Cyclones, who won their opener for the 19th year in a row.Monte is a really unselfish player...but Naz is the heartbeat of our team. He needs to do a lot of the intangible things for us as well as score, coach Steve Prohm said.As expected, Iowa State was met with little resistance from the Tigers. The Cyclones jumped ahead 59-38 at the half -- with 16 assists on 24 field goals -- and cracked 100 points for the third time under Prohm.Matt Thomas scored 14 points and Merill Holden added 12 in his Iowa State debut.Joshua Young had 12 points to lead Savannah State. Iowa State outrebounded the Tigers 62-36.BIG PICTUREIowa State: Iowa States rotation -- a question mark after Georges Niang, Abdel Nader and Jameel McKay graduated -- was revealed early. Nine different guys played in the first eight minutes, something happened just once in 2015-15. Transfers Nick Weiler-Babb and Donovan Jackson were the main backcourt reserves, and Darrell Bowie and freshman Solomon Jackson provided frontcourt relief.Savannah State: The Tigers, picked to finish 11th in their conference, picked up a paycheck thats vital to the survival of low-major programs like themselves. It likely wont be until early in the MEAC season to know whether Savannah has enough talent to outperform its expectations.POLL IMPLICATIONSIowa State blew out a team it was supposed to blow out, so its hard to imagine itll move much. But No. 18 UConns upset defeat should lift everyone below them up at least a spot.MARVELOUS MONTEMorris, who might have left for the NBA had he not injured his shoulder late last season, sealed his double-double with 17 minutes left in the second half. The Big 12 preseason player of the year finished 9 of 11 from the floor and added three steals. The pressure is just coming to work every day and just showing the guys the way, Morris said.NOT SO YOUNG AFTER ALLOne of the things Iowa State has lacked in recent years is an impact big man with the physicality to hang in the paint in the bruising Big 12. Young, at 6-foot-8 and 240 pounds, looked the part in the opener. He finished with 11 points and five rebounds in just 14 points, though he also fouled out.HE SAID ITI didnt know I had seven assists. I thought Monte had 30, Mitrou-Long said about being pulled before getting a chance to finish off a triple-double. Mitrou-Long took a medical redshirt after eight games last season because his surgically repaired hips werent fully healed.UP NEXTIowa State hosts Mount St. Marys on Monday.Savannah State stays in Iowa to play the cross-state Hawkeyes on Sunday.---More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org Swell Bottles Australia . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Swell Water Bottle Clearance . The judges scored it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 for Jones (19-1). It was the champions closest call. Despite the loss, it was a remarkable show by the confident Swedish challenger, who had the best of the early rounds and then hung on in the fourth and fifth. http://www.swellbottleaustralia.com/australia-swell-water-bottle-sale.html . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. Swell Water Bottles Australia . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Swell Water Bottle 17 Oz . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends.PHOENIX -- The Los Angeles Dodgers placed centre fielder Matt Kemp on the 15-day disabled list Monday with joint inflammation in his troublesome left shoulder. Manager Don Mattingly said Kemp tried to take early batting practice before Monday nights game at Arizona but experienced more soreness and, with the All-Star break coming up, it didnt make sense to play short-handed while Kemp heals. The move is retroactive to Saturday. Kemp was injured while swinging the bat against San Francisco on Friday night and hasnt played since. He received a cortisone shot Friday night but it hasnt helped much. Mattingly said the team doesnt think the problem is related to the shoulder surgery Kemp had in the off-season. "Its kind of a separate issue," Mattingly said. "It is that shoulder, though." The Dodgers recalled outfielder Scott Van Slyke from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Kemps roster spot. Los Angeles also placed right-hander Stephen Fife on the 15-day DL with right shoulder bursitis and added newly acquired right-hander Ricky Nolasco to the roster. Nolasco, obtained in a trade with Miami, will start Tuesday night. Mattingly said left-hander Chris Capuano would take Fifes next scheduled start. Fife could be back for a scheduled start after the break. Kemp will return to Los Angeles on Tuesday to seee team doctor Neal ElAttrache.dddddddddddd Its Kemps second stint on the DL this season. He missed 24 games from May 30 to June 25 with a right hamstring strain. Kemp was clearly frustrated. "Its going to take more than a couple of days," he said. "I just want to play and I want to be 100 per cent when I play. Im not good when Im 70-80 per cent. I may be all right, but I want to be more than all right." Mattingly said the team had expected the cortisone shot to help more than it did. "He had a shot earlier this year that seemed to make everything go away for a long time. I think that was maybe April or spring or something," the manager said. "So thats why I think we expected this thing to be gone by today. "I think were being a little cautious. He probably would be able to play before the break, but it didnt seem to be worth it." Kemp is hitting .254 with four homers and 24 RBIs in 61 games. Van Slyke was optioned to Albuquerque last Friday but did not appear in a game there. In Monday nights lineup, Andre Ethier moved from left field to Kemps spot in centre, with Carl Crawford inserted in left. Fife also is on the DL for the second time this year. He missed 33 games from April 22 to May 30, also with right shoulder bursitis. Fife is 3-3 with a 2.76 ERA in eight starts. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz