Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

03.06.2019 10:38
his first three appearances of the season. [ Antworten

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers agrees with the idea that NFL players should speak out on social issues more often. But the Green Bay Packers quarterback believes the NFLs culture discourages its players from being more vocal.Speaking in an interview on ESPN Wisconsins Wilde & Tausch last week, Rodgers said he read a story in which Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett said NFL players need to speak out more often. Bennett also mentioned Rodgers by name in similar comments when he arrived at training camp.Rodgers was in the crowd at the ESPYS last month and praised NBA stars LeBron James, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade for opening the evening by calling on athletes to promote social change.Its got to be natural, its got to be authentic, and I think those guys did a really good job. It was a great message, Rodgers said. The thing Ill say in reference to speaking your mind, [I read] a piece on the Bennetts recently -- Michael and Martellus. And I turned to a friend and I said, Why do we have to say that its refreshing when someone speaks their mind? Or is honest now? I think thats kind of a societal issue that we have.We need more guys like that who feel comfortable speaking their mind.The interview with Rodgers was conducted before riots broke out in Milwaukee on Saturday night in the aftermath of a police-involved shooting. Six businesses on the citys north side were set on fire, four officers were injured and 17 people were arrested, according to the Milwaukee Police Department. More unrest followed Sunday night.Asked after Mondays practice about what had gone on in Milwaukee, which is less than two hours south of Green Bay, Rodgers replied, I dont know the specifics about it, but I do know that our heart goes out to those affected down there. This is a connected world. Anytime theres a disconnect like that, its disappointing to see. Our thoughts and our prayers go with all of those affected, and we hope that the violence doesnt continue down there.Speaking to reporters as the Seahawks arrived at training camp July 31, Bennett called on players to step forward on social issues.You dont see a lot of great players talking about things socially, whether its Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. All of these guys, theyre white. They dont have to deal with the things that we deal with as black players, so its not as many, Bennett said.In the NBA, everybody is standing up for it, so the greatest players are in the forefront of the movement. Here in the NFL, the greatest players arent in the forefront of the movement. Whether its the [collective bargaining agreement], whether its things going on with trying to change the way -- concussions. The greatest players arent involved like LeBron James, Chris Paul and all these guys [in the NBA]. Our great players are sitting back just taking the dollars, whether its Cam Newton, all these guys. Theyre not really on the forefront of trying to change whats going on.Asked in the ESPN Wisconsin interview whether he believes the NBA culture allows players to speak their minds more readily than the NFL, Rodgers replied, One-hundred percent. And I think it starts with leadership. I think [NBA commissioner Adam Silver] has done a good job promoting that type of environment. And I think some guys in the NFL are probably worried about repercussions on speaking their mind from the league.Rodgers acknowledged that he has not been particularly outspoken.Those guys are doing it and they feel comfortable doing it, Rodgers said. I think if more guys maybe did in our league, it would create a domino effect possibly. Air Max 95 Cheap Authentic . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. Cheap Air Max For Sale .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. http://www.airmaxwholesaleforsale.com/air-max-97-wholesale.html . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Air Max 97 Sale . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. Discount Air Max 90 .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. RIO DE JANEIRO -- The enthusiastic Brazilian crowd did its best to will the host team to victory but Croatia rode the hot-shooting of Bojan Bogdanovic to an 80-76 victory in mens basketball Thursday.Though the boisterous crowd was engaged from the start, Bogdanovic scored a game-high 33 on 10 for 16 shooting as Brazil struggled to contain him. Dario Saric, who added 15 points, put back an offensive rebound with 56.7 seconds left that gave Croatia (2-1) a 77-72 lead and enough space to close out the game.Brazils Guiilherme Giovannoni turned the ball over with 39 seconds left and Marcus Marquinhos missed the first of two free throws with 24 seconds remaining that put the Brazilians in a must-foul situation.ddddddddddddLeandro Barbosa scored 16 for Brazil (1-2) and Marcelinho Huertas had 10 points and nine assistsCroatia shot 52 percent from the field, but 17 turnovers helped Brazil stay in the game. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz