Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

13.06.2019 08:52
"doing the right things in life" is mo Antworten

MIAMI -- Just as the Philadelphia Phillies welcomed back Ryan Howard from injury, the team may have lost Chase Utley. Delmon Young homered and Howard added three hits and three RBIs to help carry the Phillies to a 7-3 win over the Miami Marlins on Tuesday night. Utley was a late scratch with a rib injury suffered during batting practice. Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said the second baseman would be evaluated on Wednesday. "When he took a swing, he kind of felt a burn, a pain, in his rib cage," Manuel said. Also before the game, Philadelphia placed catcher Carlos Ruiz (strained hamstring) on the 15-day disabled list. Young, meanwhile, had two hits to raise his average to .214 after returning from off-season ankle surgery. Howard returned to the lineup after missing the previous two games with a sore left knee. "We havent been scoring many runs and I havent been contributing like Im capable of," Young said. "Hopefully we can carry this over to tomorrow and the rest of this road trip because were going to need to score runs the rest of this road trip to win ballgames." Manuel said he glad to see Young "click" and homer for the second time this season. "We think Delmon can hit," Manuel said. "Hes 27-years-old, we definitely think he has a lot of baseball left in him. Its just a matter of him getting some at-bats and getting going." Howard said he felt good two days after getting a cortisone shot on his left knee. "It felt better. Ill just continue to try and build on it," Howard said. "I saw the ball pretty well and was able to get a couple of knocks off two lefties. Really, I was just focused on putting together good at-bats." Tyler Cloyd (1-0) allowed two runs and eight hits in seven innings. He was recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley (International League) earlier in the day. "Up here, Im definitely keeping the ball down more than I did at Triple-A," Cloyd said. "I think I try to do too much down there and get out of my game at certain times." Miamis Jose Fernandez went five innings, allowing one run and five hits. He walked one and struck out two. "Every time I can go out there and give the team a chance to win and a chance to stay in the ball game, Im happy," Fernandez said. Philadelphia went ahead 2-1 in the sixth when Domonic Browns ground out scored Howard from third. Howard led off with a single and took third on Youngs double to deep centre off Duane Below (0-1). Howards single with the bases loaded scored two runs and highlighted a four-run seventh that gave the Phillies a 6-1 lead. He received a cortisone shot Sunday. Youngs ground out and Browns double scored the other Phillies runs in the seventh. Young homered to left-centre on a 2-2 pitch with one out in the fourth. It was his second home run of the season. Juan Pierres seventh-inning RBI single pulled Miami within 6-2. Howard added an RBI single in the eighth off Wade LeBlanc. Miamis Justin Ruggiano had a run-scoring double with two outs in the ninth. Pinch-hitter Jordan Browns sacrifice fly in the fifth scored Placido Polanco to tie it at 1 and take Fernandez off the hook. Notes: The crowd of 13,996 was the third-smallest at Marlins Park this season. ... Marlins RHP Kevin Slowey (1-4, 3.44) opposes LHP Cliff Lee (4-2, 2.83) in the series finale on Wednesday night. ... Marlins manager Mike Redmond said injured RHP Nathan Eovaldi (shoulder) was scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Wednesday before 60-65 pitches in a start with Class A Jupiter (Florida State League) on Saturday. ... Miamis Chris Coghlan tripled for the second straight game after going 121 games without one. Custom Timberwolves T-shirts . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Cheap Custom Timberwolves Jersey . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. http://www.customtimberwolvesjersey.com/ . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Cheap Custom Timberwolves Jersey . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Custom Kevin Garnett Jersey .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs.IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent retired from football at the age of 25 on Thursday, saying "doing the right things in life" is more important as he prepares to defend himself against a manslaughter charge in the drunken-driving crash that killed a teammate. Brent said he had "given a lot of thought" to his decision. His football career has been on hold since the Dec. 8 crash that killed Jerry Brown, a practice squad player, college teammate and close friend. "I am at a point where my main focus is all about getting the priorities in my life in order," Brent said in a statement provided by the team. "Those priorities are more important than football. Doing the right things in life are more important than football. I love the game very much. I love my teammates, but this is the right thing for me to do." Brent is charged with intoxication manslaughter and faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted, though he could also get probation. Suburban Dallas police accused Brent of driving with a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit the night of the crash. He has also tested positive twice for marijuana while out on bond, and was briefly jailed after the second test.dddddddddddd He is again out on bond, but under stricter conditions that include monitoring for drugs and alcohol, and is banned from driving. Owner Jerry Jones and coach Jason Garrett both said they supported Brents decision to focus on life outside of football instead of the game. Jones told reporters that Brents recent failed drug tests didnt affect his support of the player. "I promised Jerrys mother that we would support Josh in every way we could," Jones said. "Thats been our only thought since the accident is to support him and support our team in their support of him." The Cowboys at the end of last season put Brent on the reserve non-football injury list. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello indicated the league would not punish Brent now that he was stepping away from football. "With his retirement, there is no action for us to take at this point," Aiello said. One of Brents attorneys, George Milner, said the retirement has no effect on the criminal case. Prosecutors declined to comment. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz