Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 118 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

14.06.2019 10:18
honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque i Antworten

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- When six of nine scholarship players score in double figures and three register double-doubles, even hard-to-please Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim can find a few reasons to smile.Andrew White had 15 points and the No. 18 Orange (4-0) held South Carolina State to 27 percent shooting in a 101-59 victory Tuesday night.Im very happy with what these guys have accomplished to this point, Boeheim said. Weve gotten guys a lot of experience in game situations and I think they have a good understanding of what theyre doing.Tyler Lydon had 14 points and 10 rebounds, one of three players who finished with a double-double for the Orange (4-0). He was 4 of 5 from 3-point range.Frank Howard had 10 points, 11 assists and only one turnover. Tyler Roberson had 13 points and 12 rebounds.Weve got nine guys and its different than playing six or seven. Weve got to get them all in there, Boeheim said. Guys play different positions, so they get in there and play different positions. We have some flexibility with this team, and weve got to keep working on it.Six players scored in double figures for Syracuse, and five hit at least one 3. John Gillon had 14 points and Taurean Thompson tied his career high with 12.Thompson and Paschal Chukwu each had four of Syracuses 11 blocks.We have so many different weapons who are able to do so many different things on the court, said Lydon, a sophomore. We have seven, eight, 10 guys or whatever, who can score the ball. It creates things for everybody and it makes us really hard to guard.Lydon entered 2 of 8 from 3-point territory after shooting 40 percent from deep during his freshman season.I put some pressure on myself and I was able to get it off my back tonight, he said. My teammates were able to find me in open positions, in good spots, and I was able to knock them down. Youve just got to keep shooting the ball.Ozante Fields led the Bulldogs (1-3) with 11 points, and James Richardson added nine.Syracuse has overpowered four undermanned opponents by an average of 34 points per game, so its hard to tell just how good the Orange will be. Next up, they hit the road for games against South Carolina and Wisconsin, two good tests.Games like these are learning games, Howard said after the first double-double of his career. Execution is the big thing. Being crisp and sharp.Syracuse went 13 of 24 (54.2 percent) from 3-point territory and 37 of 68 overall (54.4 percent), while the Bulldogs shot 5 of 27 (18.5 percent) from beyond the arc and 19 of 70 overall.Last year we made it to our (conference) championship game. This year our goal is to win our conference championship. Thank God we dont have to beat Syracuse to win the MEAC, Bulldogs coach Murray Garvin said.South Carolina State scored the first basket of the game, a 3-pointer by Edward Stephens at the shot-clock buzzer. Syracuse responded with a 15-0 run, highlighted by 3-pointers from Lydon, White and Howard. The Bulldogs missed 11 straight shots before Tashombe Riley connected.The Orange led 46-31 at halftime and outscored the Bulldogs 55-28 in the final 20 minutes.Weve proven so far that we can shoot the ball really well as a team, Lydon said. We have a lot of different weapons and we can do a lot of different things. When we can get inside and create plays, it opens up the outside shots.BIG PICTURESouth Carolina State: The overmatched Bulldogs were never really in this one, but should find an opponent more to their liking when they play Holy Cross on Friday.Syracuse: The Orange step up in class Saturday against undefeated South Carolina. Much more will be known about Syracuse after games against the Gamecocks and Tuesday at No. 16 Wisconsin.POLL IMPLICATIONSThis victory probably wont have much bearing on Syracuses standing in the poll, but wins against South Carolina and at Wisconsin would likely bump the Orange up.FEELING FINEThompson showed no ill effects from a foot injury sustained Friday against Monmouth.HIGHLIGHT REELThompsons turnaround slam -- with authority -- extended the Orange lead to 41-26 with 1:37 to go in the first half.TURNING POINTDajuan Coleman gave the Orange some breathing room in the first half with five straight points on two point-blank shots and a free throw that extended Syracuses lead to 23-12.UP NEXTSouth Carolina State hosts Holy Cross on Friday.Syracuse travels to Brooklyn on Saturday for a matchup with South Carolina. Kevin Garnett Jersey Large .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Timberwolves Jerseys China . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. http://www.customtimberwolvesjersey.com/ . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Wholesale Custom Timberwolves Shirts Custom Kevin Garnett Jersey .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is demanding that the University of Houston be included in any expansion of the Big 12 Conference.In a message posted on social media, Abbott said: Big 12 expansion is a non-starter unless it includes University of Houston. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, Abbotts fellow Texas Republican and a former Houston radio talk show host, also messaged: I join with GregAbbott-TX -- any BIG 12 expansion must include UHouston or NO DEAL!Doccuments obtained by The Associated Press through open records requests show Houston is competing with such schools as Connecticut, Cincinnati, UCF, Memphis and Colorado State.dddddddddddd The 10-school conference hasnt committed itself to expansion, but Commissioner Bob Bowlsby has been asked to begin evaluating candidate schools. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz