Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

18.06.2019 09:19
ed when asked to compare himself to Jordan, i Antworten

The WTA Finals have become a tournament crying out for a heroine after Serena Williams pulled out. After four days, the call has been answered by perhaps the last person anyone might have predicted -- 31-year-old Svetlana Kuznetsova.On Wednesday in Singapore, Kuznetsova played the lead role in an epic that rivaled her dramatic three-set win two days earlier against Agnieszka Radwanska. Kuznetsova outlasted US Open finalist Karolina Pliskova in another agonizingly close tug-of-war lasting 2 hours, 17 minutes, 3-6, 6-2, 7-6 (6). Just as importantly, she has so enthralled and energized the crowd, that anyone planning to ask for a ticket refund because of Williams absence probably decided to hang on to those seats.As long as I got here at the last moment, I decided I wouldnt let myself -- or anybody else -- down, Kuznetsova told the on-court interviewer as the crowd unleashed another roar of approval following her last win.Kuznetsova came to these championships like a guest mistakenly showing up at a dinner party to which she wasnt invited, featuring people who arent exactly her crowd. But coming out of nowhere is Kuznetsovas default mode of arrival. Thats how she won singles trophies at the French and US Opens. It also helps explain why Kuznetsova has never been to the the semifinals of the WTA Finals before. Consistency and surprise are incompatible.Beyond that, Kuznetsova has always been something of a misfit on the tour. Her family is athletic royalty in Russia (brother Nikolay was an Olympic silver medalist in cycling), but her talent has always been bundled in a sensitive, introspective sensibility. To some, Kuznetsova is a textbook example of the proverbial soulful Russian, winning major events to take a place among the worlds tennis elite while sustaining a love-hate relationship with the sport.Kuznetsova qualified for these championships with a desperate, late-season push. She was obliged to win the Kremlin Cup (where she was defending champ) during the final week of the regular WTA Tour season in order to displace Johanna Konta at No. 8. Kuznetsova arrived in Singapore the day after she won in Moscow, and barely 24 hours before, she would play her first round-robin match. She was jet-lagged and in a group that included talented, highly touted youngsters Madison Keys, Pliskova and Garbine Muguruza.Whats easily forgotten, though, is that Kuznetsova is one of those people who will always surprise you. When inspiration strikes, she sloughs off the negativity that sometimes haunts her and is nothing less than brilliant. When inspiration strikes, she is capable of anything. That includes taking scissors to her own hair during a changeover, as the Singapore crowd witnessed Monday.Irritated by the way her French braid lashed her eyes and face every time she hit a forehand, Kuznetsova asked the umpire to have scissors delivered and then proceeded to cut off a few inches of her braid. Either she isnt familiar with the biblical tale of Samson, or she just figured its a guy thing.It was bothering me a lot, she told the press later. When I was hitting the forehands, I hit a good shot and it would hit my eyes. I thought, Whats more important? My hair, which can grow, or the match?How do you argue with that logic? Moreover, it was classic Kuznetsova, in that she was at the very end of the line when they handed out vanity.Few imagined that Kuznetsova could rebound from that debilitating, 2-hour, 48-minutes effort against Radwanska. But she produced another gem of consistent ball-striking and unrivaled court coverage. Theres isnt a quicker, more mobile player on the WTA Tour. What a point guard she would make.After Kuznetsova advanced, the emcee asked her where her extraordinary stamina and energy came from. From my heart, she replied. Something changed this year. I enjoy my game, and I enjoy the crowd.Once again, Kuznetsova is showing up where shes least expected. On this occasion, shes certainly welcomed. Authentic Custom 49ers Jersey . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. Custom 49ers Jersey China . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. http://www.custom49ersjersey.com/ . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. Cheap Custom 49ers Jersey . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. Custom 49ers Jerseys . Coach Mike Munchak says Fokou stretched ligaments in his left knee Oct. 13 against Seattle, which could keep out up to five weeks even though the linebacker didnt need surgery. OKLAHOMA CITY -- For decades, basketball players have dreamed of being like Mike.Thunder guard Russell Westbrook really is like Mike.So says Mike himself.Basketball great Michael Jordan inducted Westbrook into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame on Thursday night and heaped high praise on Westbrook, one of the most visible and accomplished Jordan Brand athletes.I am truly a fan of his, said Jordan, the six-time NBA champion and five-time MVP. When I watch him play, I see a lot of resemblance of his passion for the game of basketball, the way I played the game of basketball.Westbrook is a two-time All-Star MVP and was the 2014-15 scoring champion. Last season, he posted 18 triple-doubles. This season, he has three triple-doubles and is averaging a Jordan-esque 31.8 points per game.Even with all that, Westbrook declined when asked to compare himself to Jordan, instead focusing on how fortunate he feels to have built a relationship with him.Michaels obviously the best that ever played the game, Westbrook said. Hes done so many things for the game of basketball, so many ways and broken so many barriers for guys like myself to be able to go out and compete at a high level, so it means a lot in that aspect. Off the court, hes carried a great brand. Its something I eventually want to do when Im done.Jordan commended Westbrook for re-signing with the Thunder after Kevin Durant left and signed with the Golden State Warriors.Im not here to try to bash aanyone thats not here, Jordan said, drawing laughter from the crowd at the Cox Convention Center.ddddddddddddEverybody has a choice. Im not saying you dont have a choice. Everybody has a choice, and when I saw that he chose to stay here in Oklahoma, I was so proud.Westbrook appreciated the fact that Jordan, the current Charlotte Hornets owner, answered Thunder owner Clay Bennetts call to attend.M.J.s one of those guys -- obviously, Im a part of his brand, and hes a guy that respects you and the things that you do, Westbrook said. He took time out of his day to come all the way to Oklahoma City to do this for me is an amazing honor. Im happy to have him here.In 2015, Westbrook won the NBAs Community Assist Award for his philanthropic efforts. He has opened several reading rooms, providing books for kids in low-income areas. Westbrook served at his WhyNot Foundations annual Thanksgiving Dinner at the Boys and Girls Club on Tuesday. Jordan specifically mentioned Westbrooks off-the-court accomplishments as a reason he was proud to be the presenter.It was a memorable night for Westbrook, whose teammates all dressed up and attended the banquet.Its an unbelievable honor to go in, he said. Its definitely a blessing. Its something that you wont forget.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CliffBruntAP . ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz