Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 105 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

19.06.2019 08:16
registered until Christmas Day. Antworten

VATICAN CITY -- Pope Francis implored sports leaders on Wednesday to do a better job of keeping corruption off the playing field.Speaking at the first global conference on faith and sport, Francis said sports must be protected from manipulations and commercial abuse.It would be sad for sport and for humanity if people were unable to trust in the truth of sporting results, or if cynicism and disenchantment were to drown out enthusiasm or joyful and disinterested participation, Francis said.The popes challenge comes during a period of widespread corruption in sports, from various scandals at FIFA to Olympic ticket abuses to match-fixing in numerous leagues and games.Members of the International Olympic Committee, soccer executives and athletes were attending the three-day conference in the Vatican.In sport, as in life, competing for the result is important, but playing well and fairly is even more important, Francis said. I trust that these days of meeting and reflection will allow you to explore further the good that sport and faith can bring to our societies.Francis has denounced doping in sport, saying drug-fueled victories are sterile. He has urged athletes to be clean and to use sport for personal development and solidarity.Francis has also spoken out strongly about corruption in all aspects of society and urged young people to resist its addictive lure.U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and IOC President Thomas Bach were special guests for the opening ceremony of the convention, called Sport at the Service of Humanity.It was very inspiring, Bach told The Associated Press of the popes speech. Thats what we all have in common. We are joining forces in the fight against corruption, for instance.We know that hes a great friend of sports and hes appreciating the values of sport very much, Bach added. We could feel that in this speech today and also in the private audience.Former Juventus great and Italy World Cup winner Alessandro Del Piero took part in a ceremonial kickoff for the event with a soccer ball on stage.Sport is passion for me, Del Piero said. I always tried to give my all in full respect of the rules and with the great passion that always made me stand out, together with desire and humility, in pursuit of my dreams.---Associated Press writer Nicole Winfield contributed to this report.---Andrew Dampf on Twitter: www.twitter.com/asdampf Shaquille ONeal Jersey . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Josh Richardson Jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http://www.cheapheatjerseys.com/ . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Cheap Heat Jerseys China . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. Cheap Swingman Heat Jerseys . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. EDGARTOWN, Mass. -- Opening up about his golf game, President Barack Obama said he needs some help with his shots out of the sand.The president, an avid weekend golfer, is set to hit the links several times during his vacation in Marthas Vineyard over the next two weeks.Obama estimates he has a handicap of 13. A handicap score allows players of varying abilities to compete fairly. The lower the handicap, the better the player.Im not a hack, but Im not quitting my day job, Obama said in assessing his game on the Golf Channels Morning Drive. The interview aired Sunday.Obama said his drives off the tee are usually straight, but of unimpressive length. He said his iron play is good. He also considers his putting decent. Butt the difference between a score in the low 80s versus one in the high 80s tends to revolve around how often he hits into the sand bunkers.ddddddddddddbama is generally publicity-shy about his golf game and remains out of sight of the media cameras during his outings. On Sunday, playing in a foursome that includes NBA star Chris Paul, cameras were able to watch the group putting early in their round with Obama showing off his decent putting touch. He struck about a 30-footer that strayed only an inch or two past the hole. I hope you guys saw that, he said to the press pool, obviously pleased. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz