Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 110 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

21.06.2019 07:53
ama seniors go into their final home game Antworten

NEW ORLEANS -- Drew Brees agrees, desperation time has set in for the New Orleans Saints.That didnt mean the record-setting quarterback was about to switch up his routine as he prepared for the Los Angeles Rams (4-6) , who need a victory just as urgently as the Saints (4-6) do when the former divisional rivals from the pre-2002 NFC West meet in New Orleans on Sunday.Typically, we say the most desperate team wins, Brees said. Do I begin to do a bunch of different things? No, I dont. I do the same thing because I feel like my thought process is one that I have honed in on for a long time and it works.After all, Brees led the NFL in passing through 10 games. But he also has played a role in his teams recent turnover epidemic.The Saints turned over the ball four times and had a late-game, point-after kick blocked and returned for a defensive 2-point conversion in a 25-23 loss to Denver in Week 10. Last week, New Orleans had two more turnovers -- plus a blocked field goal that set up a Carolina touchdown -- in a 23-20 loss to the Panthers . Brees has thrown two interceptions and lost a fumble in that stretch.Unfortunately, weve had those stretches where its been one play here, one play there or just some really costly mistakes where we know better, Brees said. Mistakes are going to be made, but understand the ones that are going to get you beat. Avoid those and focus on all of the positive things that we can do, because, certainly, were capable of a lot.The Rams, whove lost five of six, made a major change last week when they chose to start rookie QB Jared Goff, drafted first overall in the spring. Los Angeles lost 14-10 to Miami , the Rams fourth straight loss by a touchdown or less, and now Goff is slated to make his first road start. He doesnt sound too worried about the environment in the Superdome.It will be loud. Thats about it, Goff said.Rams coach Jeff Fisher said he could see Goffs growth accelerating in practice this week.Hes got a really good feel for it, Fisher said. Hes putting it down the field and doing some good things. Hes in complete control of what were doing. ... Its very encouraging.Meanwhile, Goff scoffed at the notion that by playing him now over veteran Case Keenum, the Rams have shifted their focus to the future and away from making a playoff push this season.I dont hear that, around Rams headquarters, Goff said. We are trying to win each game ... and still have a chance to make a run here -- and its not too late and we can do some special things.Goffs assertion is one story line in this game. Here are some others:COMPETITIVE REUNION: Saints coach Sean Payton, who designs New Orleans offense, faces his former defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, for the first time since firing him at the end of the 2011 season. Both coaches were banned from the NFL in 2012 as a result of the leagues bounty probe into New Orleans off-the-books cash-for-hits locker room pool while Williams was with the club. The Saints have had only one playoff season (2013) since. Current Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen was Williams secondary coach when the 2009 Saints won the Super Bowl.BREES CHALLENGE: The Rams pass defense ranks sixth in the league, with starting cornerbacks Trumaine Johnson and E.J. Gaines benefiting from a versatile, deep pass rush. After getting beaten for touchdowns on the Dolphins final two drives of an otherwise dominant game, the Rams relish the chance to redeem themselves against Brees and the productive New Orleans offense.Hes one of the best in the business, so you welcome that challenge, Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree said. As a competitor, you welcome the best of the best.STUCK IN NEUTRAL: The Rams running game continues to be their biggest offensive problem. Todd Gurley, the 2015 Offensive Rookie of the Year, is averaging a measly 3.2 yards per carry behind an inconsistent, penalty-plagued offensive line, leaving the Rams 29th in the league with just 84.5 yards per game on the ground. Fisher refused to say whether hell make changes to his line this week, but left tackle Greg Robinson is under scrutiny after committing a key blocking penalty in last weeks loss.CLOSE CALLS: Both teams appear to be a few bad plays away from having considerably better records at this point. New Orleans has lost five games by six or fewer points, and four by a field goal or less. The Rams past four losses have come by a touchdown or less, including three by four or fewer points.CAL PRIDE?: Saints defensive end Cam Jordan said hes met Goff during visits to both players alma mater, Cal-Berkeley, during the past couple years. Grinning deviously, Jordan added that he would like to welcome him to what constant pressure is, and will love hitting Goff.I look forward to playing my guys, Jordan said. Well be friends afterward.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---AP Sports Writer Greg Beacham in Los Angeles contributed to this report. Aaron Brooks Jersey . -- On the field, it was business as usual for Jameis Winston and No. Jeff Teague Jersey . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. http://www.cheaptimberwolvesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-andrew-wiggins-jersey . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Authentic . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys China . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama seniors go into their final home game sporting a gaudy record with a shot at another Southeastern Conference title and maybe a second straight national championship awaiting.Nothing offers a lifetime supply of bragging rights at Auburn or Alabama quite like Iron Bowl success, though.The top-ranked Crimson Tide (11-0, 7-0 SEC, No. 1 CFP) hosts No. 16 Auburn (7-2, 5-2, No. 13) Saturday at Bryant-Denny Stadium in a game that captivates much of the state for 365 days, not just 3-plus hours.I think this is one of the greatest rivalry games in the country, Alabama coach Nick Saban said. I know it means a lot to a lot of people in this state as well as nationally and the competitors in the game probably enjoy this kind of competition, this kind of rivalry as much as any game that they play.`Bama seniors carry a 48-5 record and a 23-game winning streak into this boiling cauldron of a game. Theyve also won two straight over their in-state rivals, and will face No. 13 Florida in the SEC championship game in Atlanta.The Tigers and their fans dont have a title shot awaiting, but crashing Bamas party would be the next best thing.Its the first Iron Bowl for the Tides seemingly unflappable freshman quarterback Jalen Hurts. Auburn has kept its starting quarterback a mystery while Sean White tries to return from a shoulder injury but gets a huge boost with the return of tailback Kamryn Pettway.The game features two top 10 scoring defenses, as well.Those Alabama seniors still remember their first Iron Bowl, in 2013. Thats when Auburn won on a 109-yard return of a missed field goal on the final play, ultimately winning the SEC title and playing for a national championship.I think about it every time we play Auburn, Tide defensive end Jonathan Allen said. Kinda sucked. I feel like they took a national championship away from me. So thats something I definitely remember and still think about every now and then.---Some other things to look for in the Iron Bowl:PPETTWAYS BACK: Auburns leading rusher, Pettway is expected to play after missing the last two games with a left leg injury.ddddddddddddIf hes close to fully healthy, the 240-pounder gives the Tigers a bigtime physical running threat against the nations top run defense. You cant let him go north and south, Tide safety Minkah Fitzpatrick said. Youve got to make him go east and west. When you do that, you can stop him.WHOS THE QB: If Whites throwing shoulder isnt healed enough to go, the Tigers could start Jeremy Johnson for the second straight game. Johnson is the teams most experienced quarterback while John Franklin III is likely to play a role as well, and is a significant running threat.OH THE PRESSURE: This game features some of the SECs top pass rushers, on both sides of the ball. Auburns Carl Lawson is tied for third in the league with nine sacks. Just behind him are Alabamas Tim Williams (8.0), Jonathan Allen (7.0) and Ryan Anderson (6.5).OFFENSIVE CHANGE: Alabama has adopted some quarterback runs to take advantage of freshman Jalen Hurts abilities and does bear more resemblance than ever to Auburns style. Its getting more and more similar each year, Malzahn said. Each offense is a little bit different. Theres a lot of teams in our league that doing more of spread it out, the lightning motions, the QB runs and the things off of it. Regardless, youve got to stop it and every offense is a little bit different.JUST FOR KICKS: If this game defies the oddsmakers and comes down to a field goal, Auburns Daniel Carlson has the edge on most teams. Carlson has made 22 of 25 field goals and is a finalist for the Lou Groza Award given to the nations top placekicker for the second straight year. Alabamas Adam Griffith has been less consistent, making 14 of 20.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz