Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

24.06.2019 08:20
said Saints coach Sean Payton. B Antworten

As entertaining as Les Miles teams have been, the Mad Hatter has been equally fun with a microphone in front of him. Whether he was opining on a family vacation, the importance of Election Day or which stadium has the best-tasting grass, Miles was always required listening. Miles time in Baton Rouge as LSUs football coach may be up, but these quotes will live on.Here are our favorites from Miles LSU tenure:What Miles did on his summer vacation The Miles family, [daughter and Texas student] Smacker Miles, I took a vacation. I went to Austin, took my three children with me, so we had six, two parents and four children on that campus. It was miserable. I hated it. But it was great fun. I mean, it was not a beach, it was not sand, but it was my family, and that was the best.Have a great day Im the head coach at LSU. I will be the head coach at LSU. I have no interest in talking to anybody else. Ive got a championship game to play, and Im excited about the opportunity of my damn strong football team to play in it. Its really all Id like to say. It was unfortunate that I had to address my team with this information this morning. But that being done, I think well be ready to play. Therell be no questions for me. I represent me in this issue. Please ask me after. Im busy. Thank you very much. Have a great day. -- Miles, during an impromptu news conference called before the 2007 SEC championship game, responding to reports that he was a candidate for a job at his alma mater, MichiganGive them a big kiss on the mouth Im proud of those men. How fricking easy it would have been to say it was their night. How [expletive] easy. Excuse my language. Spectacular group of men. You go find them, you throw your arms around them, you give them a big kiss them on the mouth ... if youre a girl. -- Miles after beating Ole Miss in 2012Les talks holidaysColumbus Day I just want to remind everybody that its Columbus Day, that all those of you that know Italians and like Italians are the people that might venture onto a ship and travel to explore and find new lands: This is your day. So its not St. Pattys Day. Thats a different day entirely.Election Day Just recognize that its Election Day coming up, where all those model citizens will get off and take care of their duties to the country. This is not Columbus Day, its not just for the Italians. Its certainly not St. Pattys Day, its not just for the Irish. Its for all of those who have the ability to vote in our country. So get out and do that, please.The grass in Tiger Stadium tastes best I have a little tradition that humbles me as a man, that lets me know that Im a part of the field and part of the game, and its the very bottom as well as the very top. Yeah, thats going to be all over the internet. You know what, you should have seen some games before this. I can tell you one thing: The grass in Tiger Stadium tastes best. -- Miles on eating grass against Alabama during a game in 2010A very stiff dew It would be far from me to say that it ever rained Saturday night in Tiger Stadium. But it was very close to rain, if not a very stiff dew. -- Miles on playing Auburn during a rainy night in 2013.If I read books ... When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, its like reading a book and its exciting. I dont read books. But if I read books, it would be like reading a book.?The hammer and the nail Two very quality teams take the field and compete like a son of a b---- for victory, and you know what, its not a hammer-and-a-nail relationship. Its an opportunity for an opponent to be equal and to raise their level of play in such a fashion that they win. And thats how this thing works. That in fact you respect the opponent and hes not the hammer and hes not the fricking nail, hes the opponent. You understand? Im just letting you know I resent that. I resent the fact that suddenly we were nailed. You got it? I mean honest to Petes. I mean, s---, we were a pretty good team last year. I thought we played like a son of a b---- in that stadium. Im just letting you know, I felt differently than the nail, so you know. -- Miles discussing a reporters inference that LSU had been the hammer and Florida the nail in a 17-6 win in 2013 compared to the opposite being true when they met the previous seasonThe upper quadrant of speed I brought the team to the field, and I just want you to know that it appeared to me that the field was strong with excess band members and people with flags and maybe even an occasional mascot or two. And as I made my way through what appeared, again, to be a minefield of people, from the side unbeknownst to me, there was a contact between one of our players and a cheerleader -- male, I might add. That male cheerleader kind of clipped me from the side as I was running full speed, or slower than full speed, but generally in the upper quadrant of speed. And I hit the ground pretty good. But I was masked by the flag. There was a flag waver there that certainly hid my embarrassing tumble. ... I was not nicked. I came up gingerly, but kind of walked it off and avoided a baton twirler as I got to the bench. -- Miles on falling down while leading the team out of the tunnel before the Alabama game in 2011Beach vs. beach location He went to a beach location. It wasnt a beach. He had no problem in the beach at all. The beach was not sandy where he was at. It was not ... for instance, there was no, like, crabs there. -- Miles just before spring break in 2016 when asked whether he barred players from visiting places like Panama City Beach, where Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott had been assaulted in a parking-lot fight a year earlierThe chest to lead a program We needed a quarterback. We lost two. We needed a quarterback in this class. There was a gentleman from Indiana that thought about coming to the Bayou State. He did not necessarily have the chest and the ability to lead a program, so you know. -- Miles criticizing Gunner Kiel for decommitting from LSU and switching to Notre Dame Cheap Chipper Jones Jersey . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Cheap Braves Jerseys China . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. http://www.cheapbravesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-tom-glavine-jersey . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Cheap Hank Aaron Jersey . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Cheap MLB Jerseys . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Devonta Freeman was a breakout star in 2015 as a dual-threat player who more than doubled the carries and yards rushing of any other Falcons running back.Freeman no longer is an every-down back for Atlanta (1-1). Tevin Coleman has emerged as a near equal to Freeman in the backfield. Like Freeman, Coleman also is effective as both a runner and receiver, lending more versatility to the Falcons offense entering Monday nights game at New Orleans (0-2).Freeman and Coleman combined for 164 total yards in last weeks 35-28 win at Oakland. It was the second straight week the tandem topped 150 yards.Theyre a monster together, Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Thursday. They love battling and competing. It was great to see them both really getting in the action over the last two weeks.Giving Coleman a larger role wasnt an obvious call for Quinn, considering Freemans big success last season when he ran for more than 1,000 yards with 11 touchdowns and trailed only All-Pro receiver Julio Jones on the team with 73 catches.Quinns plan is to keep Freeman fresh by utilizing Colemans speed, providing a change of pace to the shifty Freeman.The running back tandem has played a big role in the diversification of the Falcons offense. Quarterback Matt Ryan already has completed passes to 11 receivers, including nine against the Raiders.Freeman has 28 carries, only eight more than Coleman, for 113 yards. Freeman said he enjoyed the heavy workload in 2015 but doesnt mind sharing the job with Coleman -- as long as Atlanta is winning.If it works, dont try to fix it, Freeman said. Whatever weve got to do to win. Whatever Ive got to do to help my team win, thats what Im all about.Coleman said he competes with Freeman through the week and cheers for him in games.In practice were competing against each other to make each other better, Coleman said. Hes still my boy. If he makes a big play, of course Im going to be the first one down there to tell him `good job.ddddddddddddhe Falcons have plays for each back to line up wide as receivers as well as behind Ryan. That gives Ryan more weapons -- and gives opposing coaches more worries.Its important to what theyre doing offensively, said Saints coach Sean Payton. Both backs are explosive. We know them both well from the draft. Coleman is kind of more of a slasher, straight-line speed guy.Payton said the Falcons do a great job, as good as anyone in using the running backs in multiple looks.So just simulating that speed of the running game and the angles with which it hits is always one of the challenges, he said.Some teams may line up running backs outside just to spread out the defense. Ryan said defenses have to respect the threat posed by Freeman and Coleman.Its huge, Ryan said. Were not putting those guys out to spread anything out. Were putting them out to throw it to them. Both those guys have showcased just how talented they are with the ball in their hand.Game notes Jones (calf) was held out of practice for the second straight day. Quinn said he anticipates Jones participating in some things on Saturday and playing on Monday night unless theres a setback. ... SS Keanu Neal (knee) had limited participation. Neal could make his debut after missing the first two games. ... WR Mohamed Sanu (ankle) and DE Brooks Reed (shoulder) also were limited. ... RB Terron Ward, who was released on Thursday, was signed to the practice squad. RB Blake Sims, the former Alabama quarterback signed to the practice squad on Sept. 13, was released.---AP Sports Writer Brett Martel in New Orleans contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz