Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

26.06.2019 08:53
strongest ever for the HSBC Champions wit Antworten

Each week, ESPN.com writer and MMA Live Extra analyst Brett Okamoto provides his take on the hottest topics in the world of mixed martial arts.This week, Okamoto squares off with UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson?to debate the latest news and trends entering UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. Johnson (24-2-1), ESPN.coms No. 1-rated pound-for-pound fighter, returns to the Octagon on July 30 when he defends his title against Wilson Reis at UFC 201.1.?Which fight are you most looking forward to at UFC 200?Demetrious Johnson: I would say the Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier fight. I know its kind of cliche to pick that one, but I felt like neither one of them really got the best of the other the first time they fought. DC lost but he didnt get destroyed. Im excited for Jose Aldo-Frankie Edgar and Amanda Nunes-Miesha Tate, but no matter what happens with those, life will go on. The hard one that everyone is going to be taking about is Jones-DC. Theres a lot riding on that. I think DC needs this. His career has led up to this. If Tate were to lose her belt to Nunes it would be like, OK, you lost, but its all right, go get the next one. I feel the same thing with me. If I were to lose a fight at this point, itd be like, All right, lets get this next one. With Jones-DC, if Jones loses, everyone will be like, What the fudge? And if DC loses, people will say, See? I told you he wasnt a real champion anyway. Theres a lot at stake for both guys.Brett Okamoto:?Aldo-Edgar for me. Aldo seems somewhat forgotten based on one 13-second knockout loss to Conor McGregor in December. Hes still the most dominant champion in featherweight history. How does he look after that humbling of a loss? Ill be honest, I havent agreed with every step he has taken since then. The way he talks about that loss, chalking it up as a complete fluke and then calling McGregor out on social media only to not take the fight at UFC 196 when it was offered on short notice -- I dont think some of those actions have benefited him in the public. But hes a great martial artist and has been for a very long time. If he comes back and looks confident against Edgar, I would want to see a rematch against McGregor. And Edgar is pound-for-pound one of the best, in my opinion. So, this fight does it for me2.?There are seven former UFC champions fighting on that card (including Jon Jones, who is an interim champion). How many of those seven will win a title again?Johnson:?[Bantamweight] T.J. Dillashaw, yes. [Welterweight] Johny Hendricks, no. [Heavyweight] Cain Velasquez, no. [Featherweight] Frankie Edgar, I dont know. We dont know if Conor McGregor wants to defend it. [Featherweight] Jose Aldo, same thing. [Heavyweight] Brock Lesnar, no. [Light heavyweight] Jon Jones, yes. I think Dillashaw, watching his last fight against Dominick Cruz, that fight could have gone either way. I think if you ran it back things could be different. Edgar and Aldo, who knows? Conor might say, F--- it, Im making money regardless of being a champion, and vacate it. Then youd have Aldo beating Edgar, Edgar beating Aldo. Ill say yes on both of them, why not? Hendricks, I just think youve got Wonderboy [Stephen Thompson] up there now, T-Wood [Tyron Woodley], Robbie Lawler. And Cain, I feel like the injury bug will hold him back, man. Thats my honest opinion. Its not even about winning his fights, its him staying healthy enough to get fights, and I think hell have a problem with that.Okamoto:?Agree with Johnson on everything, except Lesnar. Lesnar is definitely getting that belt back ... all right, maybe not. But yeah, Dillashaw is right there with Cruz. They are neck and neck. I think their next title fight (there will be a second one eventually) needs to be seven rounds instead of five because its going to be just as hard to score as the first one. Im pretty confident Dillashaw will have a belt around his waist again. Hendricks and Velasquez are nos for me as well, for the reasons DJ provided. The tough ones here are definitely the featherweights. Theres a lot of unknown with the McGregor situation. Ill say yes to Edgar and probably?for Aldo. If I had to pick one or the other, Id pick Edgar, even though hes older.3.?If you could add one matchup to UFC 200, what would it be?Johnson:?I dont know. Probably just [McGregor] fighting. One of the biggest fight cards Ive ever seen was UFC 189 when Conor fought Chad Mendes. The Irish fans were there and it was f---ing absolutely insane. I dont know. The card is pretty stacked as it is. I might say Nick Diaz fighting somebody, but I dont really care. I think its a good card to begin with.Okamoto:?Yeah, youd have to add Diaz-McGregor II, right? Thats one of he most attractive main events of the year. On the other hand, I think there is such a thing as overkill when talking about one card. Diaz-McGregor II is a fight that deserves our full attention, as does Jones-DC II. If McGregor and Diaz were added to this card, obviously theyd get a lot of attention, but theyd have to share it with Jones, DC, Lesnar, etc. I kind of like having them on their own card. So, you know what? Scratch that. I dont want Diaz-McGregor II at UFC 200. Lets just add a fun one. Dude, how about this lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov-Tony Ferguson fight the UFC has tried to make about 14 times? Thats the fight I would add.4.?Over/under: How many total takedowns will Brock Lesnar need to defeat Mark Hunt in the co-main event?Johnson:?Hes gonna need a s---load, Ill tell you that. Its hard. I will say Brock Lesnar has some great ground and pound. Obviously, he hit hard because he knocked out Frank Mir.?Ill be real -- Ill say four takedowns. Four would be good. I expect him to bull-rush Hunts ass. Thats the thing, too, though. Mark Hunts standup is more of a one punch, knock you out. Hes not throwing a jab, two, three, low kick. Hes basically measured, measured, measured, then fires. So, if Brock can move around, jab in, throw crosses, close into that clinch, that might be good.Okamoto:?As crazy as it sounds, its possible he would only need one. Those Mir fights were a long time ago, but still -- Lesnar ate Mir alive once he got him down on the floor. And Mir is far more dangerous off his back than Hunt. Hunt is very durable and Lesnar has been off for a while. Even if Lesnar were to get him down relatively early in the first round and keep him there, I think Hunt could at least survive to make Round 2. So, Ill say Lesnar would need a minimum of two. I dont think one will do it. Bottom line, to just answer the question, if Lesnar wins, I think the total number of takedowns on his stat sheet will read three.5.?What was the best event, start to finish, in mixed martial arts history?Johnson:?Man, I couldnt even tell you. Theres so many of them. I have no idea. I would say UFC 100 was pretty dope. You had Georges St-Pierre on there fighting Thiago Alves, who was on a tear with his leg kicks. Brock Lesnar fought Frank Mir. That was a good card. Theres just so many fights now, man. They almost kind of oversaturate it. I was in the gym the other day looking at [coach Matt Humes] fight posters of Pride and I was like, Man, they had some sick-ass fights back then. Wanderlei Silva fighting Mirko Cro Cop [Filipovic] -- and Wanderlei Silva weighing more than Cro Cop for that fight. Now, there are so many fights, its hard for me to sit here and answer which card was dope. Probably the best card ever Id say was Pride Critical Countdown [July 1, 2006]. You had Josh Barnett, Wanderlei, Cro Cop was on there -- that one was pretty sick.Okamoto:?Ill be honest, my answer probably wont give the old-school cards enough credit. I just dont remember them as well, obviously. The Pride Critical Countdown Absolute card DJ mentions is a crazy lineup. In addition to the guys he mentioned, that card had Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem, both Nogueira brothers, Mark Hunt. That event was before I started covering the sport, though, so just personally, its not as high on my list. The first card that pops into my head for this is UFC 116: Lesnars comeback win against Shane Carwin, Chris Leben-Yoshihiro Akiyama,?Stephan Bonnar-Krzysztof Soszynski. That was a main card where every fight seemed to outdo the one before it. The energy in the arena was crazy. UFC 189 also had that feeling with McGregor-Mendes, Robbie Lawler-Rory MacDonald?and?Thomas Almeida-Brad Pickett. And I know it just happened, but UFC 199 -- with?Michael Bisping-Luke Rockhold, Dominick Cruz-Urijah Faber and Dan Henderson-Hector Lombard -- was a very memorable one as well. Joe Klecko Jersey .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Keyshawn Johnson Jersey . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. http://www.cheapnewyorkjetsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-mark-gastineau-jersey . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. Joe Namath Jersey . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Dennis Byrd Jersey . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. SHANGHAI -- In one year, Li Haotong has gone from being a contender in the HSBC Champions to a superhero.At least on the stage.One tradition of this World Golf Championship, billed as Asias major, is for the top stars to gather in downtown Shanghai for a photo opportunity showing off the culture. A year ago, the best players took part in a Chinese drum ceremony on a hotel rooftop in the Bund district. The theme this year was superheroes descending on Shanghai. Henrik Stenson was The Machine. Bubba Watson was The Magician. Dustin Johnson was The Heat.And tournament organizers also brought along the 21-year-old Li. He was The Force.Tall and wiry, rarely without that contagious smile, Li doesnt look the part. As for his exploits on the golf course, hes getting there.Its interesting that Ive been named as `The Force, Li said with a laugh. On the other hand, its an honor to be the first Chinese player to be participating in the WGC-HSBC Champions opening ceremony. I wish to do better, keep doing better continuously, and hopefully build up the image of China golfers.He appears headed in that direction.Li was one shot out of the lead going into the final round at Sheshan International last year before closing with a 72 to tie for seventh with Jordan Spieth, the highest finish ever by a Chinese player in a World Golf Championship or PGA Tour event.He was playing on the Web.com Tour early last year when he came home and won the Volvo China Open on the European Tour, securing a two-year membership. That victory also was enough to qualify for the Olympics in Rio.Li returned to the European Tour and posted a pair of top-20 finishes, moving him up to No. 42 in the Race to Dubai.Asked about being in such elite company, Li raised his eyebrows and said, Elite company. What does this mean? And then he broke into laughter, as he so often does. He then explained that being in the company of such great players -- Rickie Fowler and defending champion Russell Knox were on stage with him Tuesday night -- was not going to be good enough for him to feel satisfied.dddddddddddd.Still a long way to go, he said. So I think I just try my best. I think just keep working hard and one day I will be there for sure. So lets see.It could be quite the test at Sheshan International. After a summer of extraordinary heat, the course was drenched with 5 inches of rain on the weekend, and then the pro-am was cut short Wednesday with another deluge. More rain is in the forecast Thursday.The field is the strongest ever for the HSBC Champions with 40 of the top 50 in the world, including all four major champions for the first time since 2011.Li practically grew up with this event, dating to when it was a European Tour stop when it began in 2005 through its transition to a WGC in 2009. He took part in the HSBC junior program and received an exemption at age 19. He closed with a 67 and tied Spieth and Jimmy Walker in 35th place.The difficulty level to win a WGC-HSBC Champions is basically equal to all the four majors because they all have the best lineup, Li said.He used to live in Howey-in-the-Hills, a tiny l] ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz