Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

02.07.2019 10:40
night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack Antworten

Colin Kaepernick and Joe Williams live half a world apart but they stand side by side when it comes to racial injustice.NFL star Kaepernick has attracted worldwide headlines for his silent protests about what he believes is the oppression of black people in the U.S, while Williams, a former professional rugby league player and boxer, has been a long-serving campaigner on similar issues for Indigenous Australians.Kaepernicks decision to kneel during the American national anthem has divided opinion across the world; some have praised him for having the courage of his convictions while many others have slammed him for adding further strain to a nation already on edge.Williams leaves no doubt that he is firmly in support of Kaepernick, and he recently called on Indigenous NRL players to follow the Americans lead by kneeling during future renditions of Australias anthem. Williams said to ESPN, however, that the message would be much more powerful if it were delivered by a white player.The non-indigenous people over in the States that are taking a knee need to be applauded, and it would mean more for a white person to take a knee here in the NRL, Williams told ESPN.People ask me why is it that I want the black people to kneel down during the anthem, but I want the white people to kneel down, too.Kaepernicks actions are being played out in front of a worldwide audience, but he is by no means a pioneer when it comes to this type of protest; Williams refused to stand for Advance Australia Fair 20 months before Kaepernick first started his protest.Willims survived a suicide attempt in 2011, since then he has used his experience to carve out a successful career as a youth worker and motivational speaker. His efforts were recognised with a Citizen of the Year Award in his home town of Wagga Wagga in the New South Wales Riverina region, but its never been personal recognition that Williams craves; rather, he seeks the recognition of his people, Indigenous Australians, and hence he refused to stand for the national anthem during the Australia Day award ceremony on Jan. 26, 2015 because the anthem doesnt represent us, the Indigenous community, at all.I cant stand it, Williams told ESPN.It reminds me of bloodshed -- rape, torture, bloodshed and the loss of innocent lives.Why do you think I called on the NRL players to do it?When I did it, I was seen as a disgruntled little black boy; but if the NRL boys did it then theyd be disgruntled black boys on a national stage.Kaepernicks doing his protest on a much bigger scale so whats saying our rugby league players cant do it, or our AFL players cant do it?Williams believes Australia has a long way to go before it can genuinely claim to be free of racism, but he did acknowledge that the nation is slowly changing for the better.The 33-year-old revealed that he was target of several racial slurs little more than a decade ago during his NRL career at South Sydney, Canterbury and Penrith, although he accepts the taunts werent intended as anything other than harmless fun.He acknowledges those days are gone but points out that a number of incidents at sporting events over the past few years are evidence that an ignorant element continues to lurk within the fabric of Australian society.You only have to look at the Adam Goodes incident, Williams told ESPN.Its disappointing but its expected because Australias a racist country.Dane Gagai was also racially slurred during a Newcastle NRL game earlier this year.My friend heard that from another bay away; there wouldve been at least 30 people that heard it very close to them that didnt do anything about it.What you ignore is what you accept. Chuck Howley Jersey . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Chris Westry Jersey . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. http://www.cheapcowboysjerseyschina.com/dorance-armstrong-jr-jersey/ . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. Kyle Queiro Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Randy White Jersey . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Maurius Hill was a perfect 8-for-8 from the floor t

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz