Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

05.07.2019 11:40
about their brutal first half. Antworten

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Five spots. Five plane tickets to Rio. Thats whats up for the taking at the U.S. Olympic gymnastics trials in San Jose this weekend. From afar, thats the story, the tension.But up close, the reality is far less dramatic.Entering this weekends competition, which began Friday night at the SAP Center in San Jose, California, and continues Sunday evening, four of those five spots were considered to be all but locked up by three-time world champion Simone Biles, 2012 Olympic floor champ Aly Raisman, reigning Olympic all-around champion Gabby Douglas and 16-year-old newcomer Laurie Hernandez.That leaves one spot for an athlete who can contribute a high-scoring bar routine -- the weakest event for the collective four women named above -- during the team competition in Rio. And because the team selection is based on the discretion of national team coordinator Martha Karolyi and a selection committee, a gymnast doesnt need to place in the top five at trials in order to make the team. Instead, the final decision is based on more intangible criteria that includes past results, consistency in practice, and how the athlete fits into the team dynamic.That fifth and final spot will likely go to one of two women: Madison Kocian of Plano, Texas, the 2015 co-world champion on bars, and Ashton Locklear, the bars champion at the 2016 Pacific Rim Championships and 2016 U.S. national champion in that event.At the start of Fridays competition, the potential for either gymnast to make the team seemed almost identical. Both women own recent titles on the apparatus at international competitions and consistently put up the highest scores on bars of any current American gymnasts. Either would give a strong U.S. team an even greater advantage to win gold in Rio.In San Jose, Locklear was the first of the two women to compete on bars, in the second rotation, and she made a strong statement to the selection committee that her name should be called Sunday night. Her score of 15.750, the best of the night until that point, was higher than her winning score at nationals in June, higher than her score at Pac Rims, and higher than Kocians winning score at the World Championships.Im really confident, Locklear said. Ive done so well at past competitions and won so many times, and I feel like Im building a good record for myself.If shes named to the team, Locklear would be the first Native American gymnast to compete for the U.S. at the Olympics. A member of the Lumbee Tribe, the largest in North Carolina, Locklear wears a Lumbee pin on the strap of her competition bag and carries a dream catcher with her that was given to her by a member of the tribe.Its a great feeling knowing theyre cheering for me back home, Locklear said. Its very unique and it means the world to me that I have their support.Locklears score set the bar in San Jose. But Kocian says she didnt notice.I didnt see [Locklears] score before I competed, Kocian said. I try to focus on myself. Thats all you can control. What she does doesnt affect what I can do. If I let my mind wander to anyone else, you dont have 100 percent focus on yourself, and thats when you start making mistakes.In the next rotation, as Locklear prepared to mount the balance beam, the only other event in which she competes, Kocian completed her bar routine and was also awarded 15.750. It was a tie. At least in the literal sense.The scores dont really matter to the selection committee right now, Kocian said. Its what you have been doing in practice throughout the week and your consistency. After tonight, my confidence has increased.Soon after the crowd celebrated Kocians score, Locklear fell from the beam.I dont think I fell once this week in training, so its frustrating coming into a competition like this and falling, Locklear said. I have to turn the page. Beam is not my specialty, and that is not what they are looking at me for. I showed them that I have a good bars routine, and Ive had good bars in the past. They know I have a good record.But so too, does Kocian, who backed up her impressive bar routine with solid performances in each of the other three rotations and finished sixth in the all-around. Kocian also competes a bar routine with a higher difficulty score than Locklears, which leaves more room for mistakes -- and for improvement.They tied on bars, but [Kocian] had some other routines that could be useful in a team situation, Karolyi said. Right now, she is placing well in my eyes.Still, Locklear believes if the selection committee focuses not on her fall on beam -- where she is unlikely to be asked to contribute in Rio -- but only on her strength and consistency on bars, she has a legitimate shot at the final spot.Its the little things, she says. There were a couple handstands I missed, and my dismount might have been a little low. I could have done better.As the Lumbee Tribe watches from North Carolina, shell have one final opportunity to do so on Sunday. Fake Shoes From China . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. Fake Shoes . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. http://www.fakeshoesforsale.com/ . The phone hearing is scheduled for 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. Fake Shoes For Sale .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Replica Shoes 2019 . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Its now three straight weeks at No. 1 for the Chicago Cubs since regaining the top spot in our rankings. They might not be on a record winning pace anymore, but the Cubs have won 10 of their past 11 games and were the unanimous pick at No. 1. The Cubs have been No. 1 for 17 of 19 weeks, including the preseason.While the Cubs are strengthening their hold on the top spot, the Washington Nationals are doing the same at No. 2, where they were the unanimous pick this week.After the two NL teams, the next four spots are all AL teams, with the Toronto Blue Jays leading the way at No. 3, while the Texas Rangers (No. 5) and Baltimore Orioles (No. 6) inch their way up closer to the top.Another AL team making a big move this week is the Detroit Tigers, who jumped from No. 12 all the way up to No. 8. The Tigers are 10-2 in their past 12 games.This weeks voters are Jim Bowden of ESPN Insider, Eric Karabell of ESPN Fantasy, Christina Kahrl of the SweetSpot Blog Network/ESPN.com, David Schoenfield of the SweetSpot Blog Network/ESPN.com and Jayson Stark of ESPN.com. Most of the team comments come courtesy of the SweetSpot Blog Network.Past rankings: Week 17 |?Week 16 |?Week 15 |?Week 14 |?Week 13 |?Week 12 |?Week 11 |?Week 10 | ?Week 9 |?Week 8 |?Week 7 |?Week 6 |?Week 5 |?Week 4 | Week 3 | Week 2 | Week 1 | Preseason1. Chicago CubsRecord: 69-41 Week 17 ranking: No. 1The Cubs are 12-4 since the return of Dexter Fowler from the DL. In that stretch, Fowler is hitting .283 with two homers, eight RBIs and 15 runs scored.?--?Joe Aiello (@VFTB), View from the Bleachers2. Washington NationalsRecord: 66-45 Week 17 ranking: No. 2Tanner Roark is tied with Jake Arrieta and Adam Conley for most scoreless starts in the majors with seven, but hes the only one to go at least seven innings in each of those outings. His ERA is down to 2.88. Remember when Matt Williams moved him to the bullpen??-- David Schoenfield (@dschoenfield), SweetSpot3. Toronto Blue JaysRecord: 63-49 Week 17 ranking: No. 4After going 1-for-4 on Sunday, Devon Travis is batting .357 (10-for-28) while atop the batting order in August. In his first start since he was acquired from the Pirates at the trade deadline, Francisco Liriano delivered six solid innings and gave up two earned runs Friday. -- Diane Firstman (@dianagram), Value Over Replacement Grit4. Cleveland IndiansRecord: 62-47 Week 17 ranking: No. 3If the highlight of your week is not being swept by the team with the worst record in the league, you might be having a bad week. Corey Klubers strong showing in Saturdays 5-2 win over the Yankees was one of the few highlights. In five starts prior to that, the Tribes rotation was 0-4 with a 15.58 ERA.?--?Susan Petrone, Its Pronounced Lajaway5. Texas RangersRecord: 65-47 Week 17 ranking: No. 6The trade deadline has paid dividends thus far for Texas. Deadline acquisitions Carlos Beltran (RBI single) and Jonathan Lucroy (two solo homers) were key in a 3-2 Texas victory on Saturday in Houston, and the win helped keep the Rangers in the drivers seat in the AL West. Lucroy followed that game with a 2-for-6 effort in Sundays 11-inning win. --?Brandon Land (@onestrikeaway), One Strike Away6. Baltimore OriolesRecord: 63-47 Week 17 ranking: No. 9After taking two of three from the White Sox in Chicago, the Orioles are clinging to a one-game division lead. They now head west for seven games against the As and Giants, hoping to return home still in first. --?Matt Kremnitzer (@mattkremnitzer), Camden Depot7. San Francisco GiantsRecord: 63-48 Week 17 ranking: No. 5A tough second half has seen the Giants lead over the Dodgers in the NL West shrink to just one game. In the past two weeks, the rotation has struggled, and Eduardo Nunez got off to a slow start before a 4-for-5 effort Saturday. -- Jeff Wiser (@OutfieldGrass24), Inside the Zona8. Detroit TigersRecord: 61-50 Week 17 ranking: No. 12Justin Upton?is quietly becoming the player the Tigers thought they were getting. His isolated slugging percentage (ISO) has gone up from a pre-All-Star Game mark of .146 to a post-break showing of .208, which is much more in line with his career .198 ISO. That gives him a .801 OPS since the All-Star break, which is much better than his .670 first-half showing.?--?Richard Bergstrom (@rbergstromjr), Rockies Zingers9. Boston Red SoxRecord: 60-50 Week 17 ranking: No. 10An up-and-down week for Boston was highlighted by a complete-game shutout of the Dodgers by knuckleballer Steven Wright?on Friday. With plenty of run support, Wright limited Los Angeles to three hits while striking out nine and lowering his ERA to 3.01. -- Ryan P. Morrison (@ryanpmorrison), Inside the Zona10. Los Angeles DodgersRecord: 62-49 Week 17 ranking: No. 7On their 40-man roster, the Dodgers currently have 14 players (12 of them pitchers) on the disabled list. Additionally, a new blister for the recently acquired Rich Hill will push the southpaws return date back and leave the team shuffling its rotation yet again. --?Diane Firstman (@dianagram), Value Over Replacement Grit11. St. Louis CardinalsRecord: 58-53 Week 17 ranking: No. 8After going 2-4 against the lowly Reds and Braves, the Cardinals fell to 12-11 since the All-Star break. More alarmingly, theyve been outscored 115-97. Their 4.50 ERA since the break ranks 26th in the majors.?-- ESPN.com12. Miami MarlinsRecord: 59-52 Week 17 ranking: No. 13Ichiros first 2,999 hits were amassed against 872 pitchers, with John Lackey (37-for-122) his most frequent victim. His 3,000th hit came off Chris Russin on Sunday. Since the All-Star break,?Christian Yelich?is batting .348 with four homers and 18 runs driven in. -- Diane Firstman (@dianagram), Value Over Replacement Grit13. Houston AstrosRecord: 57-54 Week 17 ranking: No. 11Since getting to 2.5 games behind the Rangers on July 24, the Astros have gone 3-10, including dropping two of three to the Rangers over the weekend. Astros outfielders are 28th in the majors in wOBA (even George Springer is hitting just .213/.300/.371 since the All-Star break).?-- David Schoenfield (@dschoenfield), SweetSpot14. New York MetsRecord: 57-54 Week 17 ranking: No. 14The Meets got a much-needed win Sunday, but still went just 3-4 on the week and have fallen two games behind in the race for the final NL wild-card spot.dddddddddddd Six of the players in the Opening Day lineup are currently on the DL (including pitcher Matt Harvey).?-- ESPN.com15. Pittsburgh PiratesRecord: 55-54 Week 17 ranking: No. 15Pittsburgh sold high on All-Star closer Mark Melancon when it flipped him to the Nationals at the trade deadline. Tony Watson appears primed to seize the opportunity, however, as he has allowed just two earned runs since June 7. -- Ryan P. Morrison (@ryanpmorrison), Inside the Zona16. Seattle MarinersRecord: 57-53 Week 17 ranking: No. 16The Ms retired Ken Griffey Jr.s No. 24 on Saturday, and the team slugged its way to another high-powered win over the Angels. Just 3.5 games behind in the wild-card race, Seattle isnt finished. Shrewd bullpen moves over the weekend highlighted the franchises willingness to keep fighting. -- Jeff Wiser (@OutfieldGrass24), Inside the Zona17. Colorado RockiesRecord: 55-56 Week 17 ranking: No. 17Fans are jumping on, off, then back on the Rockies bandwagon so fast theyre in danger of pulling their Twitter finger muscle. Call it an introduction to a young and exciting but inconsistent roster thats still playing meaningful games in August at a time when many in Denver usually hop over to the Broncos.?--?Richard Bergstrom (@rbergstromjr), Rockies Zingers18. New York YankeesRecord: 56-55 Week 17 ranking: No. 18The Yankees began the week by bidding adieu to Carlos Beltran and Ivan Nova at the trade deadline, and they ended it by saying goodbye to both Mark Teixeira and Alex Rodriguez. Between, they went 4-3 against the Mets and Indians, and they are still hovering around the .500 mark. The Yankees are currently a team in transition, and the changes made this week will help ensure a bright future for the franchise. --?Stacey Gotsulias ((@StaceGots),?Its About the Money19. Chicago White SoxRecord: 53-58 Week 17 ranking: No. 19Chicago has won just a single series since the All-Star break after Sundays loss to the Orioles. The bullpen has been the weakest link, with the worst ERA in the American League the past two weeks. -- Jeff Wiser (@OutfieldGrass24), Inside the Zona20. Kansas City RoyalsRecord: 53-58 Week 17 ranking: No. 20Alex Gordon, signed to that $72 million extension, continues to struggle, hitting just .199 with 18 RBIs in more than 300 PAs. Hes hitting .160 with runners in scoring position and .141 with men on base.?-- David Schoenfield (@dschoenfield), SweetSpot21. Philadelphia PhilliesRecord: 52-61 Week 17 ranking: No. 23Hector Neris has been solid for the Phillies this year. He has struck out at least 10 batters each month while minimizing the damage, registering a WHIP of 1.02 and racking up 21 holds in the process. If Jeanmar Gomez ever gets traded or injured, Neris could be in line for some save opportunities.?--?Richard Bergstrom (@rbergstromjr), Rockies Zingers22. Milwaukee BrewersRecord: 49-60 Week 17 ranking:?No. 24A new era was ushered in following the departures of Jonathan Lucroy, Jeremy Jeffress and Will Smith, as Milwaukee called up its most highly touted prospect since Ryan Braun, shortstop Orlando Arcia.?-- Gabe Stoltz (@Stoltzy3), Disciples of Uecker23. Los Angeles AngelsRecord: 49-62 Week 17 ranking: No. 21Mike Trout celebrated his 25th birthday on Sunday by robbing Leonys Martin of a grand slam -- but also striking out four times against James Paxton. Still, his lead in WAR over Jose Altuve continues to grow, 7.3 to 6.4.?-- David Schoenfield (@dschoenfield), SweetSpot24. San Diego PadresRecord: 48-63 Week 17 ranking: No. 25Derek Norris awful year with the bat continues, as he is hitting .103 (6-for-58) with 24 strikeouts since the All-Star break. Now that the Padres have finished a homestand against the Phillies, Reds and Brewers, the softer part of their schedule continues with a road trip to face the Pirates, Mets and Rays. -- Diane Firstman (@dianagram), Value Over Replacement Grit25. Tampa Bay RaysRecord: 45-65 Week 17 ranking: No. 27Tampa Bay did well in several last-second deals at the trade deadline. As usual, they got some production for today, but also plenty of upside for down the road. Its not easy to play for both the present and future, but the Rays walk the rope as well as anyone. --?Jason Collette (@jasoncollette), The Process Report26. Oakland AthleticsRecord: 48-63 Week 17 ranking: No. 22Sonny Gray was put on the disabled list with a strained forearm, as his miserable season continues (5.74 ERA).?-- David Schoenfield (@dschoenfield), SweetSpot27. Minnesota TwinsRecord: 45-66 Week 17 ranking: No. 29The Twins have emerged in recent months as one of the best offensive teams in the game, and that has helped them to a 20-13 record since July 1. However, they still have the American Leagues worst record, which says plenty -- Nick Nelson (@NickNelsonMN), Twins Daily28. Cincinnati RedsRecord:?45-65 Week 17 ranking: No. 29The Reds finally dropped a series after winning six in a row following the All-Star break. The big surprise of the second half has been the unexpected resurgence of Brandon Phillips, who has hit .336/.360/.464 since July 1. --?Chad Dotson (@dotsonc), Redleg Nation29. Arizona DiamondbacksRecord: 45-66 Week 17 ranking: No. 26Outfielder David Peralta had a breakout campaign for Arizona in 2015 but has been mostly broken in 2016, as his third DL stint of the year (wrist) began over the weekend. Zack Greinke returns to the mound for the struggling D-backs on Tuesday. -- Ryan P. Morrison (@ryanpmorrison), Inside the Zona30. Atlanta BravesRecord: 41-70 Week 17 ranking:?No. 30Atlanta is 4-2 since the Matt Kemp era began, despite the sluggers hitting .181 in his first six games. The Braves showed everyone that a mere trade deadline wont stop them from trading when they shipped lefty reliever Hunter Cervenka to the Marlins for two prospects. -- Martin Gandy (@gondeee), Chop County Cheap Jerseys [url=http://www.cheapauthenticnflje

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz