Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

16.07.2019 09:42
ragged power play continued to struggle. Antworten

LILLE, France -- Belgiums injury problems ahead of its European Championship quarterfinal against Wales have shifted from Eden Hazard to Jan Vertonghen.While captain Hazard has recovered from a thigh injury in time for Fridays game in Lille, Vertonghen has been ruled out for the rest of the tournament after tearing ligaments in his left ankle.The Tottenham defender twisted his ankle while kicking a ball with his other foot at the end of a training session at the teams base near Bordeaux on Thursday morning.Belgium coach Marc Wilmots said that Vertonghen traveled with the team to Lille where a MRI scan revealed the extent of the injury.Gutted to say that my Euros is over. Good luck to my teammates for the rest of the competition, Vertonghen wrote on his Twitter account.Its a sporting tragedy for him. Mentally and physically he was completely fit, Wilmots said, adding that Vertonghen would likely need six to eight weeks for recovery.Wilmots said the team was not in shock after losing its most-capped player (83 games) for the rest of the competition.No, everyones thoughts are with Vertonghen. Its tricky but weve got alternatives, the coach said.The absence of Vertonghen increases Wilmots defensive worries ahead of the Wales game. With regulars Vincent Kompany and Nicolas Lombaerts not at the tournament due to injury and Thomas Vermaelen sitting out a suspension, Wilmots will have to rely on a less-experienced replacement.With Toby Alderweireld and Thomas Meunier as expected starters, the coach will have to choose between Laurent Ciman (one cap), Jordan Lukaku (four) and Jason Denayer (seven), or even let Christian Kabasele have his debut game.Those players have been with us for years. We have options, Wilmots said. Mentally they are ready to play. They knew they can come in if we lose someone because of suspension or injury.Jordan Lukaku, who is the younger brother of striker Romelu, said before Vertonghen got injured that he wasnt counting on any playing time.I came to the tournament just to complete the squad. I didnt expect to get any minutes, Jordan Lukaku said.Wales coach Chris Coleman tried to downplay the impact of Vertonghens absence, acknowledging it was a big loss to Belgium but adding theyve got so much talent in order to find suitable replacements.The good news for Wilmots, though, is that he can stop worrying about his captain.Hazard picked up a right thigh injury Sunday while leading Belgium to its 4-0 drubbing of Hungary in the last 16. The Chelsea winger skipped training sessions with the team the following days but returned to the field Thursday -- with his thigh taped.My injury is OK. I was able to train this morning, Hazard said. I didnt feel much pain. The game is tomorrow so I can still have treatment.Hazard regretted the absence of Vertonghen, with whom he has formed a well-established duo on Belgiums left wing over the years.We had a good tournament together, but unfortunately accidents happen, Hazard said.---AP Sports Writer Steve Douglas in Bordeaux contributed to this report. Paul DeJong Jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Dexter Fowler Jersey . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse. http://www.authenticcardinalspro.com/cardinals-bob-gibson-jersey/ . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. Michael Wacha Cardinals Jersey . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. Chris Carpenter Cardinals Jersey . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Redemption will be firmly on Luke Rockholds mind when the former middleweight champion headlines UFC Melbourne in November.The American will fight 36-year-old Brazilian Jacare Souza at Rod Laver Arena with the winner likely to earn a title shot.And that may well be against Rockholds conqueror back in June, Michael Bisping.The Englishman knocked out Rockhold with a flurry of punches in UFC 199 to claim the title and will now face American Dan Henderson at UFC 204 in Manchester next month.The November 27 card in Australia comes a year after the last Melbourne event where Holly Holm knocked out Ronda Rousey to claim the womens bantamweight title.For Rockhold, 31, its another visit to Australia. In 2014 he fought Bisping in Sydney and tapped out the man who eventually conquered him for the middleweight title.The victory was the third in a five-fight win streak that also saw him defeat Lyoto Machida before taking the title from the then undefeated Chris Weidman.ddddddddddddRockhold, who hasnt fought since the Bisping beating in Las Vegas, downed Souza in a five-round pre-UFC epic back in 2011.The tight victory earned him the Strikeforce middleweight title.Souza, 36, is 6-1 since joining the UFC, with the only loss coming in a split decision to Cuban Yoel Romero.Souza has submitted three of his opponents since arriving in the UFC which should make for a nice mesh of styles with Rockhold who is known for his stand-up fighting.The UFCs middleweight division is currently one of the most competitive in the sport and also contains seventh-ranked Australian Rob Whittaker, who is riding a five-fight win streak and has designs on a title shot. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz