Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

17.07.2019 11:16
when Orlando Cruz walks into the Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- You know a sporting event starts pretty late when Cinderella is unable to attend because her chariot has already turned into a pumpkin in the parking lot.The first beach volleyball match of these Olympics for Americans Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross was scheduled to start Saturday night at midnight local time. Yes, a midnight start! Which meant it technically was not a Saturday night match but a Sunday morning match. Not only that, but the match that was played ahead of them went longer than expected, so the first serve was pushed back to 12:34 a.m.Walsh Jennings says it was the latest match she has ever played, which is saying something considering she turns 38 next week and these are her fourth Olympics. She says her previous latest start was probably 11 p.m. in London at the 2012 Olympics. Still, she said that she loved the start time early Sunday morning.It is a party atmosphere, she said after beating Australias Mariafe Artacho del Solar and Nikki Laird 21-14, 21-13 in a little over 30 minutes. Especially under the lights at night. The Brazilians get louder at night, and our fans were amazing tonight.Plus, Ross said, Were night owls.Thats good, because the pair has at least one other midnight match on the schedule, and could have a third as well because the gold medal match is set for a midnight start, too.Walsh Jennings is certainly a prime candidate to play in that championship match -- she and former partner Misty May Treanor won gold at Athens in 2004, Beijing in 2008 and London in 2012. And she apparently is quite comfortable with playing even later than The Late Late Show host James Cordens carpool karaoke segments are televised. It felt magical out there, she said.Well, why wouldnt it seem magical considering where beach volleyball is being played at these Olympics?Unlike other Olympic sites such as Atlanta, Beijing or London, beach volleyball here is being played on an actual beach. While the beach volleyball venue in London was played on trucked-in sand at the Horse Guards Parade grounds just outside the prime ministers residence at No. 10 Downing Street, the Rio stadium is located smack dab on Copacabana beach. Sitting up high in the stands, you not only see the players battling away on the white sands, you can see the white crests of waves crashing onto the sand just behind the stadium. And during the day, you can also see people walking and jogging on the beach, sunbathing on the sand or kite surfing.Trust me, its a whole lot more spectacular than watching matches on imported sand amid the Beijing smog.The sounds are as invigorating as the setting. As always at beach volleyball, infectious music plays constantly over the loudspeakers. Dont Stop Believing. Uptown Funk. Cant Hold Us. Down Under. Get Happy. Beat It. La Bomba. Shut Up and Dance. Even the Darth Vader theme song played. The fans bounced and danced and swayed and waved their national flags and had the time of their lives.Parties go on late here in Rio, and were OK with that, said EJ Bituin, a fan from Chicago. As long as the beer is flowing.The venue also boasts a huge seating capacity of 12,000, with row after row rising so steeply and so high that you almost expect to see the Christ the Redeemer statue leading the fans in a samba.Its amazing. Its the best venue that weve ever seen as beach volleyballers, Laird said. And I say that as a 23-year-old, but its the same thing Ive heard from Kerri Walsh, and shes played in four Olympics now. Its a really cool venue.Brazilians are a lot more passionate about beach volleyball than Australians, which were hoping to change soon. But what it means is you can fill up a stadium with 12,000 fans here.Unfortunately, the stadium was only about half-full for the late matches, though that is probably not because of the start times as much as the high ticket prices in this financially strapped country that otherwise adores beach volleyball.Swiss player Isabelle Forrer said the stadiums steepness increased the volume of the fan noise and brought even more energy down to the players -- which they kind of needed given that they were playing so late.Its a flexible sport, Forrer said about the wide range of start times. We have seen a lot already [in our careers]. We have played late games, we have played really early games. We just try to manage our rhythm before the games and see how we manage for the next one we play at 10 a.m. Its something we cant change so we dont discuss it.Of course, with the vibrant atmosphere of the venue, the late start time wasnt an issue. They might actually be good, since the hot afternoon sun isnt baking down on the players or the fans.It didnt really feel like midnight out there, Artacho del Solar said after the match. Then she paused and added at shortly after 1:30 a.m.: But now it does. George Hill Jersey . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Oscar Robertson Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. http://www.nbabucksproshop.com/Authentic-Vin-Baker-Bucks-Jersey/ . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. George Hill Bucks Jersey .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Giannis Antetokounmpo Bucks Jersey . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Becoming a world champion for the first time isnt the only motivation driving Orlando Cruz ahead of his WBO lightweight title fight on Saturday.The Puerto Rican boxer wants to change perceptions, too.I want to quieten the homophobic people talking bad to the LGBT community, Cruz told The Associated Press. I want it more for all the gay athletes in the world.In 2012, Cruz became the first professional boxer to come out as openly homosexual while competing. Initially, he had reservations about making the announcement, considering the macho nature of his sport, but it turned out to be a good decision.Its just been support, support, support, Cruz said about the reaction of the boxing community -- fighters and fans -- toward him over the last four years.All the boxers respect my life, my decision. When Orlando Cruz walks into the ring, Orlando Cruz is separate from my sexual orientation. Orlando Cruz is a professional boxer.Cruz has fought nine times since coming out, one of which was against Mexican boxer Orlando Salido for the WBO featherweight title in 2013. Wearing rainbow-colored shorts to show his support for the gay community, Cruz was stopped in the seventh round.In the past year, he was won four straight fights, collecting continental titles at super featherweight. Now he gets his second shot at a world title in Cardiff, Wales, this weekend, when the 35-year-old Cruz moves up to the lightweight division to fight Terry Flanagan, an undefeated BBritish boxer.ddddddddddddWhen the fight was announced, Cruz spoke of his determination to become the first openly gay world champion.Its a big moment for me, a big moment for my community, a big moment for my country, Puerto Rico, Cruz told the AP in a telephone interview from Cardiff.I want that other (gay) athletes are not scared to walk into the society. Dont be scared. Be happy with your life, and happy with your decision. All people are the same.It will be Cruzs first fight in Europe and he is looking forward to experiencing what is usually an intense atmosphere at the Motorpoint Arena. Cruz, nicknamed El Fenomeno, said he wasnt expecting any hostility toward him from outside the ring.His biggest concern should be Flanagan.The Manchester-born fighter is making the fourth defense of his title since becoming world champion in July last year. He is unbeaten in 31 fights.Hes not tougher, hes just different, Cruz said. My real weight is 130 pounds, so Ive upped by five pounds. Ive trained to get stronger and run more. On Saturday, I need to walk into the ring strong.Cruz believes it is his time. He said he has more mentality, more focus and is comfortable with his life. In February, he married his partner, Jose Manuel Colon, who will watching on TV from their home in Puerto Rico.Its my dream, Cruz said. Its my moment. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz