Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 146 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

19.07.2019 09:10
-- No. 1 Alabama tries for an encore Antworten

TORONTO - Brett Lawrie started at third base in Thursdays series opener with the Houston Astros. Hell remain there for the rest of the season. Most likely. "There might be a time we put him (at second base,") said manager John Gibbons. "Watching that game (Wednesday) night, the plays he makes, hes always been good but there may be a time we play DeRosa (at third.) We always have the right to change our minds." "Wherever the team needs me, Im more than willing to go," said Lawrie before a 4-0 win over the Astros, which snapped the Blue Jays season-high losing streak at seven games. "I guess, third base, me going back and forth, for me, it doesnt really matter, Ill go play second, Ill play anywhere. If you have the guys, people like Maicer (Izturis,) he plays second base, hes played it for quite some time. Ive played third for quite some time so to switch it up every now and then, maybe if hes not in the game, Ill go over there. Its really not my call. Wherever they need me to go, Im willing to go but I like third base. Third base is a good spot for me." Lawries simply repeating his earlier stance. The 23-year-old, battling through an injury-plagued and otherwise inconsistent season, just wants to play. What he needs is a set position and an opportunity to narrow his focus. The Blue Jays believe so much in Lawries athletic ability that an eventual switch isnt out of the question. Gibbons says, speaking hypothetically but in all seriousness, he believes Lawrie would be an effective shortstop or outfielder. However, an in-season transition is a lot to ask. Lawrie made two errors, one fielding and one throwing, in six games at second. "I feel fine over there at second base," said Lawrie. "Its not a question of if Im uncomfortable or not. Im not uncomfortable over there at all. Its just about getting reps and going over there and consistently play but if I dont get a chance to do that, then going back and forth, Ive never been a utility guy, Ive never bounced around from here to here to here and back. If I get a chance to play in a spot that Im good at, then I like to play that spot. If it helps the team out, then thats what Im there to do." Morrow gets diagnosis Starter Brandon Morrow, who last pitched for the Blue Jays on May 28, has been diagnosed with an entrapped radial nerve in his right forearm. The prognosis is rest for six weeks. Morrow will be allowed to begin a throwing program when hes pain-free, whenever that its. "We were hoping he was on the upswing but that hasnt happened," said Gibbons. "He was starting to feel better but hes still not right. He got looked at (Wednesday) and they think its possibly a nerve issue in his arm because through the MRIs, hes had a couple of them, there was nothing structurally they could pinpoint so naturally they think it has something to do with a nerve." Its unlikely Morrow will begin to throw until the second week of September, making it hard to imagine a scenario which would put him in a major league game before the end of the season. Rene Robert Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Lanny McDonald Jersey . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. http://www.hockeyavalanche.com/authentic-john-wensink-avalanche-jersey/ . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Paul Kariya Jersey . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Paul Kariya Avalanche Jersey .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:- NEW YORK -- Already assured of taking over the No. 1 spot in the rankings, Angelique Kerber tries to collect the second Grand Slam title of her career -- and second of the year -- when she faces Karolina Pliskova in the U.S. Open final. Singles final begins not before 4 p.m.- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- No. 1 Alabama tries for an encore to a dominant performance against USC when Western Kentucky visits. Game starts 3:30 p.m.- FORT WORTH, Texas -- Arkansas visits No. 15 TCU in the first meeting of the former Southwest Conference rivals since 1991, the year before the Razorbacks joined the SEC. Game starts 7 p.m.- BRISTOL, Tenn. -- No. 17 Tennessee faces off with Virginia Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway, located approximately halfway between the two campuses. The game is expected to attract more than 150,000 fans, which would shatter the NCAA single-game attendance record. Game starts 8 p.m.- SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- No. 18 Notre Dame seeks to bounce back from a disappointing opener when it faces Nevada, which is seeking its first road win ever against a ranked opponent. Game starts 3:30 pp.ddddddddddddm.- Other college football games.- RICHMOND, Va. -- The 16-driver Chase for the Sprint Cup championship field is set with the regular-season finale at Richmond International Raceway. Race starts 7:30 p.m.- CARMEL, Ind. -- Dustin Johnson and Roberto Castro were tied for the lead going into the rain-delayed third round of the BMW Championship.- CLEVELAND -- Former pro wrestling superstar CM Punk makes his MMA debut and heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic, fighting in front of a partisan hometown crowd, defends his title in UFC 203. Main card starts 7 p.m.- INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Roman Chocolatito Gonzalez attempts to win a championship belt in his fourth weight class when the pound-for-pound Nicaraguan star moves up to super flyweight to challenge unbeaten Mexican titleholder Carlos Cuadras. Main event starts around 11 p.m.- OTTAWA -- Team USA and Canada meet in a second World Cup exhibition, one night after the Americans beat the Canadians 4-2 in a chippy game that included an ejection. The tuneup comes one week before the tournament opens in Toronto. Game starts 7 p.m. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz