Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

24.07.2019 04:14
Two turnovers iin bad territory, you j Antworten

BEREA, Ohio -- Theres one loss Browns coach Hue Jackson doesnt have to fear this season: his job.Despite a 0-10 start and the prospect of going winless in his first year with Cleveland, Jackson has the support of owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam, who believe they hired the right coach to turn around their floundering franchise.We are not focused on 0-16, said Sashi Brown, the teams vice president of football operations. Hue is going to be here as our head coach. We talked about continuity being one of the core premises of what we wanted accomplished going out in January. We know that we have a head coach that can be successful here and lead us to a lot of victories and a lot of winning.That appears to be a long way off for the young Browns, whose progress this season has been muted by the worst start in team history and some key injuries.To his credit, Jackson has kept the Browns playing hard and he feigned some surprise when he was told that Brown had acknowledged he will be back for a second season.I never thought I was going anywhere, he said with a smile. I know thats been part of the plan since Day 1, before I took the job. I felt very comfortable. I know there has been a lot of mudslinging going around, but I get it. Thats part of it when you have the record that we do, I expect things to be said. But we are comfortable and we know exactly what were trying to do.I think its a tremendous plan. We all support it. Its not where we want it to be, but we do have a plan in place that we feel very strongly that were going to get things headed in the right direction as soon as we can.Brown, whose promotion from team general counsel and salary-cap expert to the top spot in Clevelands front office preceded Jacksons hiring by 10 days, met with media members for the first time this season. Brown understands that Browns fans are frustrated at the lack of significant progress, but said the team has no regrets about any decisions to this point and intends to exercise patience in seeing the plan through.Its hard to look at this other than wins and losses, he said. Im disappointed for our fans and the folks here working in the office. We dont want to be here. But we also think were on the way to a much brighter future.Theres no easy fix for the Browns, who host rival Pittsburgh on Sunday, when thousands of noisy Steelers fans will make Clevelands FirstEnergy Stadium feel like Heinz Field.Both Brown and Jackson acknowledged the losing has many in the organization on edge. But they each rejected a report that said the coachs decision to bench rookie Cody Kessler in the second half of Thursday nights loss at Baltimore has created tension between the front office and coaching staff.I do have a tension headache, Jackson joked. My head hurts.I dont know where any of that comes from. I have never felt that, heard that, any of that. Like I said, my head does hurt from time to time when we lose, and that is about it. The things we do here, I am the head coach of the football team and I will make decisions sometimes based on what I think is right. Sometimes, that is just part of it, but I have not heard that, felt that or seen that from anybody in our organization.They have been outstanding in their support of me and what we are trying to accomplish here.Publicly, at least, Brown said he has no regrets about any decisions. The Browns passed up taking quarterback Carson Wentz in the draft, trading the No. 2 overall pick to Philadelphia for a first-rounder next season. Brown also doesnt bemoan the choice not to re-sign any free agents, preferring to stay focused on the future, not the past.And while the poor record shows scant progress, Brown believes the team is on the right path.The winning ways are coming, he said. Were confident in that. We just have to stick to the plan and support our fans through that process.Game notes Quarterback Robert Griffin III, out with a broken bone in his left shoulder since the opener, could be back before the end of this season. Griffin has been on injured reserve but is now eligible to return. Once he practices, the Browns have 21 days to decide whether to place him on the active roster. Hes getting closer, Jackson said. Griffin signed a two-year, $15 million contract with Cleveland in March. He is due a $750,000 roster bonus after this season.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Basketball Shoes Authentic . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. Basketball Shoes Outlet . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. http://www.cheapbasketballshoesstore.net/?tag=cheap-nike-paul-george-basketball-shoes-china . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Wholesale Basketball Shoes . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Cheap Nike Chris Paul Basketball Shoes China . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Brad Kaaya picked on Pittsburghs secondary with his arm, and even caused problems with his legs.Kaaya passed for 356 yards and four touchdowns, ran for another score and Miami snapped a four-game losing streak by beating Pittsburgh 51-28 on Saturday.This is like the home stretch, Kaaya said. This should provide us with some good momentum going forward, to stop the bleeding.Never accused of being overly mobile, Kaaya sent the Miami sideline into celebration with a 12-yard run -- the longest of his career. But most important to Miami were these Kaaya numbers: 13 straight completions to start the game, a career-high 32 completions in 47 attempts, no interceptions and getting sacked only once by a Pittsburgh defensive front that came in averaging 3.5 per game this season.So many really good things happened, I dont really know where to start, Miami coach Mark Richt said. The bottom line is we got a great victory in front of our home crowd, and Im very thankful.Stacy Coley and David Njoku each caught two touchdown passes and Ahmmon Richards finished with 144 yards receiving for Miami (5-4, 2/3 Atlantic Coast Conference). Mark Walton ran for 125 yards, the last 55 of those coming on a touchdown with 2:12 left for the Hurricanes -- who avoided becoming the first Miami team to lose five straight in the same season since 1977.It definitely gets us back on track, Miami defensive back Corn Elder said.Nathan Peterman threw for 274 yards and two touchdowns for Pitt (5-4, 2-3). Quadree Henderson had a 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown for the Panthers, who have dropped two straight.Pitt had two costly third-quarter turnovers, a fumble deep in its own territory that Miami turned into a touchdown and then an interception in the end zone.Anytime you get two turnovers -- we had two in the third quarter which were critical -- you have a hard time winning the football game, Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi said. We gave them momentum in the third quarter. Two turnovers iin bad territory, you just cant do it.ddddddddddddKaayas four TD passes tied a career-best, and marked the first time he had that many against an ACC opponent.James Conner had a rushing touchdown for the Panthers, but was held to 40 yards on 12 carries. George Aston and Jester Weah had touchdown catches for Pitt, which led 21-20 in the second quarter before getting stopped on 10 of its next 11 drives.I feel like I didnt make enough throws on my part, Peterman said. I think that was certainty a big part of it. I have got to be better. Its a tough loss. We have to go back and realize we got beat and realize where we can get better.Pitts previous two ACC losses this season were by a combined four points. The 23-point margin was Pitts biggest loss since a 56-28 defeat against Georgia Tech on Oct. 25, 2014.THE TAKEAWAYPittsburgh: The Panthers had a surprising amount of trouble getting to Kaaya. Pittsburgh -- which came in averaging 3.5 sacks per game -- sacked him only once, thwarted by a Miami offensive line that yielded 18 during the four-game losing streak. ... When teams throw for more than 332 yards against Pitt this season, theyre 4-0. When they dont, theyre 0-5. ... Pitt lost starting defensive tackle Tyrique Jarrett midway through the second quarter.Miami: The Hurricanes came into the day with seven scoring drives this season of 10 plays or more. They had four on Saturday, three of those being touchdowns. ... Kaayas 13-for-13 start left him one shy of tying Miamis school record for consecutive completions, set in 1986 by Vinny Testaverde against Oklahoma.FINALLYOn his fifth try, Richt got his 150th career win. Hes the 10th active FBS coach with that many.UP NEXTPittsburgh: Visits Clemson on Nov. 12, in the Panthers final road game of the regular season.Miami: Visits Virginia on Nov. 12, looking for a win that would secure bowl-eligibility. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz