Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

26.07.2019 11:04
hunt to qualify for the season-ending ATP W Antworten

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Sidelined most of April and May, Jered Weaver is back to his usual dominance in July. The right-hander, who missed two months with a broken elbow, extended his scoreless-innings streak against Oakland to 24 2-3 while helping the Los Angeles Angels come out of the All-Star break with a 4-1 victory on Friday night. Weaver threw a season-high 118 pitches and improved to 3-1 in July, a month in which his winning percentage of .774 since 2006 is the best in the majors. "I looked up in the fourth or fifth inning and the pitch count was up there but it definitely didnt feel like it," Weaver said. "The 4-0 lead helps out a little bit and the defence played well behind me." The Angels got homers from Albert Pujols, Erick Aybar and Mike Trout to snap a three-game skid and close within 10 games of the first-place Athletics. Weaver (4-5) allowed four hits in 6 2-3 innings while striking out a season-high eight and walking four. The previous club record for scoreless innings against the As was 21, by Bob Lee in 1964-65. "My slider was real good and I was able to throw that where I needed to, especially against lefties," Weaver said. "You want to try to utilize all your pitches throughout a game. Certain pitches werent there early, but I was able to get them later on." Last season, Weaver gave up a solo homer to Seth Smith over 30 2-3 innings while going 3-0 in four starts against the As. Since 2011, the right-hander has dominated the As with a 7-1 record and 0.84 ERA in 10 starts. "Hell throw anything in any count," As manager Bob Melvin said. "And when he gets you to two strikes, thats when hell throw his fastball the most and try to elevate and get you to chase. He had a good slider and he had a good curveball that he could drop in there when he was behind in the count." Ernesto Frieri earned his 23rd save in 25 chances on his 28th birthday. The Angels, who finished under .500 at the break for the first time since 2006, gave manager Mike Scioscia his 1,200th career win. "Weve dug a big hole. We know what were up against and we also know its doable," Scioscia said. A.J. Griffin (8-7) gave up four runs and six hits in five innings, struck out four and walked one for the first-place As. His three-game winning streak in his previous four starts ended with his first loss since June 15 against Seattle. "I feel like I pitched pretty well," Griffin said. "I gave up three home runs, but I felt like I was executing my pitches pretty well for the most part." The Angels extended their lead to 4-0 in the fifth on homers by Aybar and Trout. Aybar led off the inning with his fourth of the season, while Trouts 16th went to left field. "Every game is big, especially against these guys," Trout said. The Angels will play 13 of their first 20 games after the break against the As and Texas, the two teams ahead of them in the standings. "Were not in the position we thought we would be, but were still going to go out there and battle," said Weaver, the first pitcher to allow no runs in three straight starts against the As since David Cone in 1996-97. Pujols, whose career .335 average in the second half of the season leads all active players, slugged his 16th homer with two outs in the third. "I dont look at numbers," he said before the game. "I dont sit and look at the computer and papers. Thats a distraction you put in your mind." Josh Hamiltons RBI double to right field got past a diving Josh Reddick. It scored J.B. Shuck, who reached on an infield single to third and continued to second on a throwing error by third baseman Josh Donaldson. Oakland scored its lone run on a RBI double by Chris Young in the ninth off Kevin Jepsen. "We looked like weve been off for a few days, and thats no excuse because the other team was going through the same thing we are," Melvin said. "We looked a little out of sync." Notes: Oakland LF Yoenis Cespedes, who won the Home Run Derby on Monday during All-Star festivities, was scratched just before the game with a sore left wrist. "It came up today in batting practice," Melvin said. "When he was taking some swings in the cage, he still felt it, so we pulled him out." ... Angels OF Peter Bourjos, on the DL with a right wrist fracture, will be re-evaluated on Monday, but isnt expected back for a couple weeks. ... Scioscia is 1,200-1,000 in his managerial career. ... Angels RHP Tommy Hansen, on the DL with a strained right forearm, is a candidate to start on Tuesday against Minnesota. ... The announced crowd of 43,515 was the fourth sellout of the season. Mike Hoffman Panthers Jersey . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. Denis Malgin Panthers Jersey . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. http://www.hockeypanthersofficialonline.com/aleksander-barkov-hockey-jersey/ . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Evgenii Dadonov Panthers Jersey . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. Keith Yandle Panthers Jersey . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover.Kei Nishikori saved two match points to defeat Gilles Muller 4-6 7-6 (7-3) 6-3 on Saturday and earn a place in the Swiss Indoors final against Marin Cilic. The world No 5 performed his escape act in the second set against Luxembourgs big hitter, who rained down 20 aces in the two-and-a-quarter-hour thriller in Basel.The Japanese trailblazer will aim for only his second title of the season on Sunday against fourth seed Marin Cilic, who is still in the hunt to qualify for the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals in London. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Third-seeded Nishikori saved the first match point with a perfectly timed lob.I saw that he was almost touching the net, but my arm was shaking as it was match point, he said of the winner that pulled the score level 5-5 in the second set. After his heroics in the second set, the 26-year-old was able to steady his game to earn a hard-earned win over the 37th-ranked Muller. Murray v Djokovic: The race is on Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic: Their previous meetings I got more comfortable and played a good match. The balls ffly a lot here, you really have to hit the ball, said a relieved Nishikori.dddddddddddduller has a great serve. Im just happy to have won the match.Nishikori has already qualified for next months ATP World Tour Finals for a third straight season.Cilic had to come from a set down to beat Mischa Zverev, earlier conqueror of Stan Wawrinka, 4-6 7-5 6-3 in a gruelling encounter. Marin Cilic will play Nishikori in a repeat of the 2014 US Open He played Nishikori in final of the 2014 US Open, when Cilic won the only Grand Slam of his career so far.Its tough to think of the past, but when I remember that match it gives me some guidance about how to play this next one, Cilic said.It will be another tight match like others weve played Im looking forward to the final.Check our game-by-game updates from Andy Murrays match against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the final of the Erste Bank Open in Vienna on skysports.com/tennis, our app for mobile devices and iPad and our Twitter account @skysportstennis this Sunday or catch the action, live on Sky Sports 5 HD from 12.45pm. Also See: Murray gets Vienna walkover Kerber to take on Cibulkova Tennis on Sky Evans out after losing racquets ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz