Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

02.08.2019 10:40
goal to lift the San Jose Sharks over Antworten

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Dee Milliner knows what people are saying about him, and most of it is far from flattering.Expectations were high for the 2013 first-round draft pick, but injuries have hindered his career and led to some questioning his heart, his ability to stay healthy and garnered plenty of negative reactions from fans and media. The New York Jets cornerback couldnt disagree more with the doubters.No, I wont say a bust, Milliner said after a recent training camp practice. I aint been on the field. Injuries here and there. Ive just got to stay at it and when the opportunity comes, hopefully I make the best of it.This is likely a make-or-break year for Milliner, who could be a free agent after this season since the Jets did not pick up the fifth-year option on his rookie contract.He has been healthy so far this summer and had a solid offseason, providing a glimmer of hope that perhaps he could make an impact on Todd Bowles defense this season.Its just a year that Ive just got to go out there and play, Milliner said. I cant be injured, cant be on the sideline. Ive got to go out there and try to compete for a job.Staying on the field has been no easy task for Milliner, who has played in just 21 out of 48 games over his first three NFL seasons.Im trying, Im trying to do my best, he said. Im praying, hoping that I can stay healthy.Milliner tries to laugh off the negative chatter about him and use it as motivation.I might be at home, doing something and my brothers might say, `Somebody called you a bust, he said. He knows that Im going to pop (off) the couch and probably go work or something. They take it as a joking matter, but at the same time I take it serious. I just want to be out there and be able to play.He came to the Jets as the No. 9 overall pick after a terrific college career at Alabama, where he helped lead the Crimson Tide to two national championships. The laundry list of injuries has been lengthy, though, in a short amount of time.Milliner started his NFL career slowly during the offseason of his rookie year while recovering from shoulder surgery. In 2014, he suffered a high ankle sprain during training camp and played just three games after tearing the Achilles tendon in his right leg.He made it back for training camp last summer, but then injured a tendon in his right wrist and needed surgery that kept him out for half the season. When Milliner came back, he was used exclusively on special teams -- something that was frustrating at times for him.But guys on our team were playing great and making great plays, so you keep those guys out there because theyre doing great things, he said. And when I get an opportunity to get out there and do it, or if I can help on special teams, Ill help them.Milliner, whose three career interceptions came when he was a rookie, hasnt played on defense in a game since tearing his Achilles on October 12, 2014.I want to be back out there, he said, and get a chance to be on defense and play.With Darrelle Revis working his way back from offseason wrist surgery, Milliner has been getting lots of snaps on defense this summer, including with the starters. While Buster Skrine and Marcus Williams are expected to be in the rotation to start opposite Revis, a healthy Milliner could give Bowles something else to consider.Hes playing fast, hes healthy and hes running around out there, Bowles said. I just look forward to him improving.Milliner credits taking some yoga classes to improve his flexibility while focusing on getting into even better shape while sticking to a healthy diet.While watching mostly from the sideline during practices this offseason, Revis has liked what he has seen from Milliner.You can tell hes very motivated this year, and thats great, Revis said. Hes been set back by a lot of injuries throughout his career and now hes healthy, so its good. Hes making a lot of strides.Milliner insists he has no doubts about his abilities and believes he can still be a regular NFL starter. He also said he wasnt angry that the Jets didnt pick up his fifth-year option, knowing that he hasnt done much on the field -- yet -- to warrant faith from the team.They took a chance on me as a high pick, so Ive got to live up to it, he said. My expectations are much higher than some things that coaches or players expect of me. I expect the same thing of myself.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Greg Gaines Rams Jersey .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Tyler Higbee Youth Jersey . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. http://www.ramsrookiestore.com/Rams-Bobby-Evans-Jersey/ . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Deacon Jones Youth Jersey . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. Los Angeles Rams Jerseys . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. SUNRISE, Fla. -- Tommy Wingels scored the game-winning goal to lift the San Jose Sharks over the Florida Panthers 4-2 on Thursday night.Logan Couture, Joe Pavelski and Brent Burns also scored for the Sharks while Martin Jones made 22 saves.Jason Demers scored his first two goals of the season, both in the first period, for the Panthers. James Reimer, in his third start in six games, made 25 stops. Jaromir Jagr recorded an assist.Wingels gave the Sharks a 3-2 lead at 8:53 of the third period. He grabbed the puck off the faceoff and backhanded it past Reimer.Couture added an empty-net goal with 57 seconds left to make it 4-2.The Sharks have won two straight games after losing their previous three.Pavelski tied the score 2-all 1:53 into the second. He picked off the puck when Floridas Alex Petrovic tried to clear from the sideboards and his shot from low in the left circle went over the shoulder of Reimer on the glove side.Trailing 2-0, Burns skated in from the left side on Reimer and shoved in the puck in with 3:42 left in the first.The Panthers took a 1-0 lead on Demers first goal. Demers shot from the top of the right circle deflected off the stick of Wingels and got past Jones at 5:09.ddddddddddddDemerss second goal came a little over 2 minutes later. Jagr took a shot from the right circle that bounced off Aleksander Barkov and dropped into the crease. Demers skated in and poked in the puck at 7:26 to make it 2-0.Demers, in his ninth NHL season, played for the Sharks from 2009 to 2014 before being traded to the Dallas Stars in November 2014. Demers was signed as a free agent by Florida in July 2016.The Panthers killed off a 5-on-3 penalty for 34 seconds midway through the second period.Game notes Jones has started 10 consecutive games for the Sharks. . Pavelski leads the Sharks with 14 points. . Panthers D Dylan McIlrath, acquired from the New York Rangers for D Steven Kampfer and a 2018 conditional seventh-round draft pick, was scratched. . LW Jussi Jokinen returned to the Panthers after missing nine games with a knee injury. . The Panthers took warmups with camouflage jerseys in honor of Military Appreciation night.UP NEXT:Sharks: Visit Tampa Bay on Saturday.Panthers: Host the New York Islanders on Saturday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz