Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 106 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

08.08.2019 11:04
baseball team after just one season.Patrick st Antworten

PHOENIX -- With another series win against a division rival, the San Francisco Giants overtook the Chicago Cubs for the NL lead with their 52 victory.Pinch-hitter Ramiro Pena hit a tiebreaking double in the 11th inning, and the San Francisco escaped with a 5-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday to take two of three in the series.The Diamondbacks Jake Lamb hit a two-run home run in the eighth inning to tie it 4-4 but Enrique Burgos (0-1), Arizonas seventh pitcher, walked leadoff batter Jarrett Parker in the 11th and Pena lined the first pitch he saw into the right-field corner.Josh Osich (1-1) pitched a scoreless 10th to get the win. Santiago Casilla escaped trouble in the 11th for his 19th save in 23 tries.The Giants took a series from an NL West foe for the seventh straight time. The last series they lost to a team in their own division came when they were swept at home by Arizona from April 18-21.Its pretty big, especially for us right now when we dont have a lot of guys in our lineup, the Giants Brandon Belt said. Just for the younger guys to step in there and step up for us big. It says a lot. It says a lot about this team.With the outfield depleted, Belt -- almost always a first baseman these days -- played in left because the outfield is depleted.He made a nice running catch in left field, San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. We were in a box today, with a couple outfielders down, three actually. Thats why Brandon went out in left field and he looked comfortable.The Giants Gregor Blanco strained a knee in Saturday nights loss and is being evaluated. Denard Span was out with a stiff right neck.Rookie Albert Suarez pitched six innings, and Brandon Belt and Mac Williamson each drove in a pair of runs to put San Francisco up 4-2With one out in the eighth, first baseman Buster Posey bobbled Paul Goldschmidts spinning grounder for an error. Goldschmidt stole second and Lamb launched Cory Gearrins 3-2 pitch just over the fence in right field. It was Lambs fourth homer in five games and his 19th of the season. Eleven of those home runs either tied the game or gave Arizona a lead.Goldshmidt also homered, his 15th.There were opportunities in the beginning of the game and at the end there. We just couldnt get it done, Lamb said.Yasmany Tomas led off the Arizona 11th with a single, was sacrificed to second, and a wild pitch put him on third with one out. But pinch-hitter Welington Castillo grounded out, and Peter OBrien, another pinch hitter, struck out. OBrien has struck out 25 times in 57 at bats since coming up from Triple-A Reno.A night earlier, Castillos three-run home run off Hunter Strickland in the eighth inning beat the Giants. This time, Strickland struck out Castillo in the ninth.TRAINERS ROOMGiants: RHP Matt Cain (right hamstring strain) had his first rehab start in an Arizona (rookie) League game Saturday night. He went 3 1/3 innings, allowing two runs and three hits, one a home run. He struck out six.Diamondbacks: RHP Zack Greinke was placed on the 15-day DL, retroactive to Wednesday, with a right oblique strain. Its his first DL stint since April 2013. Manager Chip Hale said he hopes Greinke can return after the All-Star break but doesnt know if that is realistic.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: RHP Archie Bradley (3-3, 4.50 ERA) takes Greinkes scheduled start in the series opener against the San Diego Padres Monday night. RH Luis Perdomo (2-3, 8.49) goes for the Padres.Giants: The Giants return home for three against Colorado. RHP Jake Peavy (4-7, 5.33), coming off a rough outing against Oakland, gets the start for San Francisco the Monday afternoon opener against the Rockies Tyler Anderson (0-2, 2.66). Air Max 97 Offerta . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Air Max 720 Uomo . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. http://www.nikejustdoit.it/air-vapormax-scontate/vapormax-flyknit.html . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. Nike Air Max 97 Donne . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Air Max 97 Prezzi Bassi .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. TEMPE, Ariz. -- On the first play of the fourth quarter Saturday, Patrick Mahomes II, the most prolific passer in college football, faced his biggest moment of the young season.Third-and-7 from the Texas Tech 28. The Red Raiders were facing a 10-point deficit against Arizona State. If the junior quarterback Mahomes were to show the results of his progression over the previous nine months after he quit baseball to focus on his future, this was likely his time.Mahomes showed patience out of the quarter break. With the game clock stopped, he barked an audible and motioned for movement from multiple receivers. Then the snap, and Mahomes backpedaled, changing directions. His footwork fell out of rhythm.He felt pressure and heaved the ball deep to his left, far past receiver Derrick Willies. Mahomes next throw on the ensuing possession was intercepted, his first pick of the season.He was trying to make the 21-point pass, Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said. It doesnt exist.The Sun Devils Kalen Ballage scored his seventh touchdown of the game four seconds later. With that, it was essentially over, and Mahomes stood right where he started this season: as a monster of a QB talent, perhaps the most gifted player in the Big 12, but apparently without a supporting cast to support his championship aspirations.This is the conundrum for the Red Raiders and Mahomes, unique because of his athleticism and diverse skills compared to the Tech quarterbacks who preceded him but unable yet to break through in red-letter games. Mahomes is 0-6 against ranked opponents and 9-10 as a starter. Since his second career start as a true freshman in November 2014 -- after he left with a head injury two weeks prior in a loss to Texas -- Mahomes ranks No. 1 nationally with 6,995 passing yards and second with 59 touchdown passes.Over that time, defensively, Texas Tech has allowed 543 yards per game (worst in the FBS), 42.9 points per game and a whopping 50.2 percent third-down completion rate. Three times in its past 12 games, Tech has scored 50 points and lost. On Saturday in Tempe, from midway through the first quarter until nine minutes remained in its 68-55 win, ASU scored touchdowns on eight of nine drives and faced just nine third downs, of which it converted eight.They had a bad game, but I think youll see a lot of improvement, Mahomes said of the Tech defense after its first road test of 2016. We have all the faith in them. We know that theyre going to make the big stops.Doubt Mahomes at your own risk, but it isnt always the best idea.Mahomes considered quitting the sport before his junior year of high school in Whitehouse, Texas. So said his mom, Randi Mahomes, and dad, Pat Mahomes, a former major league relief pitcher who played 11 seasons with six teams.Both parents were on board. Randi, with whom Patrick lived after his parents divorced more than a decade ago, has always struggled to watch him play football, she said. Pat wondered why his son, so distinguished in other sports, wanted to compete for the quarterback position.Why are you messing around? Pat said at Sun Devil Stadium before the game, in recalling his 2012 conversation with Patrick. Youre special in basketball. Youre special in baseball. Why are you playing this other sport? For what reason?Father and son went to the University of Texas for a camp, Pat said. The coaches liked Patrick as a safety.He said, Dad, I can play quarterback, Pat said. I said, I know you can play quarterback, son, but nobody else thinks you can.Patrick said he mulled the decision to quit the game but never took it to his coaches or friends.I had the potential to be a high draft pick in baseball, said the younger Mahomes, a promising right-handed pitcher in the mold of his father. I had to decide if I really wanted to play football or try to get drafted in the first or second round.Ultimately, Patrick won the job at Whitehouse in the fall of 2012 and committed to Texas Tech in April 2013. In the 2013-14 offseason, incumbent starter Baker Mayfield left Tech for Oklahoma, and Michael Brewer transferred to Virginia Tech. That left the Red Raiders with Davis Webb as a sophomore and Mahomes behind him.Again, the elder Mahomes said he questioned his son, suggestingg he might have to sit for two or three years.dddddddddddd But Patrick proved him wrong. He replaced an ailing Webb late in 2014. In Mahomes fourth start, he threw for 598 yards and six touchdowns in a 48-46 loss to Baylor. Last year, he won the job late in camp over Webb, who transferred to Cal.In that freshman season, even as he prepared to play baseball at Tech in the spring of 2015, Mahomes said, he fell hard for football.I love how hard it is to be good, he said. I love being challenged. I love the drive it takes to succeed and having the ball in my hands with the chance to win games.Since that discovery, Mahomes leadership has not wavered.Its his team, Tech receiver Dylan Cantrell said. Its his offense. Everybody knows that.Mahomes 4,653 passing yards as a sophomore ranked fourth nationally. He leads the nation as the lone quarterback to top 1,000 yards through two games this year, after he threw for 540 and five touchdowns Saturday at ASU.He would trade all the stats for more wins.I want to be that first quarterback to bring back a Big 12 championship to this university, Mahomes said. They bleed Texas Tech football here, and they really do want a championship. All their quarterbacks have had a lot of stats, but they havent got that.Patrick told his dad before the season that he would lead Tech to the Big 12 title this year, the elder Mahomes said. Doubt him?I dont doubt anything he says anymore, Pat Mahomes said. Anything hes ever told me, hes done. So Im all in. I believe hes going to win the Big 12.In his first two years at Tech, teammates had a nickname for Mahomes: Fatrick.Cantrell laughed at it this week. He has known Mahomes since they were kids playing baseball on the same teams in Whitehouse.Mahomes added 15 to 20 pounds this year and redistributed additional weight. When he took the field Saturday at Sun Devil Stadium, listed at 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, Mahomes looked more linebacker than quarterback. His improved shape coincided with his decision early in 2016 to leave the Tech baseball team after just one season.Patrick struggled with the new reality as the Red Raiders advanced to the College World Series in June.I know it wasnt an easy decision, Cantrell said. Baseball was his first love. But hes going to do whatever he has to do to win.It starts, Mahomes said, with eliminating those ill-advised throws that resurfaced in the fourth quarter at Arizona State. Mahomes threw 15 interceptions last year. Hes always going to improvise on a few plays because of his athleticism, Cantrell said. But after Techs first loss this season, the QB is more intent than ever on making the smart play every time he touches the ball.Its easier said than done, but I can learn from my mistakes, Mahomes said. Really, its just staying with my reads and progressions. Its something I have to get better at every week. Whether were scoring or theyre scoring, I have to take what [the defense is] giving me.According to Kingsbury, Mahomes has already taken big strides this year. Despite the loss last week, in which Mahomes first interception led to a decisive, short-field touchdown for ASU, the fourth-year coach said he expects to see more progress immediately.For the most part, Mahomes has tightened his mechanics. Plus, the chance to work on football year-round for the first time is no small item.I think thats huge, Kingsbury said.The Red Raiders host Louisiana Tech on Saturday, then open the Big 12 with Kansas, Kansas State and West Virginia before Oklahoma visits Lubbock on Oct. 22.Will Mahomes be ready to take the next step before Techs challenging finish, which features TCU, Texas and Oklahoma State after the Sooners? More pressing, will his supporting cast stand a chance to let him run the offense without the need for perfection?If [the defense] can make one or two stops in the right situation, were going to win the game, Mahomes said. We can score any moment.Scoring has never been the problem. But with the Big 12 race seemingly never more wide-open than it is this season, the Red Raiders can get more from Mahomes in 2016 if he tries to do less. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz