Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

23.08.2019 09:33
had people tell me how strong I was Antworten

Coach Luke Beveridge has applauded the Western Bulldogs grit after Jason Johannisens goal in the dying seconds to seal a thrilling four-point AFL win over Sydney.Johannisens heroics after a nine-week injury layoff secured a 13.5 (83) to 11.13 (79) victory on Saturday at the SCG, lifting them to fifth place and denying the Swans top spot on a logjammed ladder.The seesawing clash was the Dogs first return to the ground since their epic triumph by the same margin last season in round five.Its been a happy hunting ground the last two years, Beveridge said.A couple of incredible wins, and tonight is worth about 10, I think.To achieve an experience like we did tonight ... they count for more than normal because you hold your nerve and you keep your faith when the chips are down.It showed a lot of grit (from) our boys, just a brilliant victory.JJ was cool as a cucumber in the end.Johannisen was surprisingly quick off the halfback line in his first appearance in 10 weeks since tearing a hamstring tendon.Despite not playing a reserves match in the lead-up, the 23-year-old took an impressive 20 possessions as the Dogs kept numbers behind the ball to restrict the Swans movement.It was an effective tactic that helped former Swan Shane Biggs kick the games opening goal from outside 50m.Though Lance Franklin (five goals, 21 disposals) and Jarrad McVeigh steered the hosts to the lead at the first break, the Dogs surged ahead via a three-goal second-quarter flurry within four minutes.That included two from Jake Stringer in 80 seconds, his second an explosive sharp-angled snap to contend for one of the goals of the season.Franklin ensured the Swans didnt trail for long, matching Stringer with two of his own majors in as many minutes.But as the contest opened up, the Dogs stepped up their inside-50 efficiency to snatch a 13-point edge in a dominant third term.Lachie Hunter and Marcus Bontempelli were relentless but Tom Libertore changed the momentum by scoring two of his teams five unanswered goals and having a hand in the other three.Some of the things he did in that third quarter to put us in the game were brilliant, Beveridge said.That was despite Luke Parkers standout performance with a match-high 34 disposals and 23 handballs.Swans coach John Longmire described Sydneys third quarter as poor.They outhunted us in that third term in contested ball and uncontested ball, but also in clearances.We allowed them to kick six of their goals in the third term which really cost us.For only the second time this campaign, the Swans were behind at three-quarter time.Franklin rammed home two rapid goals to claim a one-point lead that was soon extended to a shaky three points.And under pressure, with fulltime about to sound, Johannisen stepped up and delivered.The Dogs stepped up their inside 50 efficiency to snatch a 13-point edge in a dominant third term, Tom Libertore scoring two of five unanswered goals and having a hand in the other three.That was despite Luke Parkers impressive performance which included a match-high 34 disposals and 23 handballs.For only the second time this campaign, the Swans were behind at three-quarter time.Franklin rammed home two rapid goals to claim a one-point lead that was soon extended to a shaky three points.And under pressure, with the full-time whistle threatening to sound, Johannisen stepped up for his moment.The win lifts the Bulldogs to fifth place while the Swans remain second behind Hawthorn. Andre Dillard Womens Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Randall Cunningham Youth Jersey . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. http://www.theeaglesshoponline.com/Youth-miles-sanders-eagles-jersey/ . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. Dallas Goedert Womens Jersey . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Wilbert Montgomery Youth Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. The following was told to espnW by a former gymnast whose coach was found guilty of rape of a child and indecent assault and battery on a person over 14. She felt compelled to share her ordeal after recent reports that USA Gymnastics has repeatedly failed to report abuse cases?in the hopes that her story, when added to the voices of other young women, can help to enact change.?To prevent retaliation or harassment, we are not identifying her or the coach involved.It had been three years since we started having sex when the man who would later be convicted of raping me took me to an abortion clinic. He had scheduled the appointment for after my 18th birthday so that I wouldnt need a parent to sign their permission for the procedure.We went to a clinic that was an hour from where he lived and he dropped me off at the corner because he didnt want to be seen. I went in by myself, and I sat there in this room full of scared young women, all of whom had someone to support them except for me.I was taken into the back room. I remember lying down on the table and then waking up on the table. But I was in a total daze. They wheeled me out into the waiting room and I said, Im ready to go. And when they asked whether someone was there to pick me up, I said, Im sure hes waiting outside.And there he was, waiting in his car. He took me to a restaurant, and I ate two bites of food, then ran to the restroom and vomited violently. We went back to his house and he had to go coach gymnastics, so he left me there. And I remember thinking, What the f---? Why am I doing this? Why isnt somebody taking care of me right now?I had my follow-up appointment scheduled for a week later, and during recovery youre not supposed to have sex. But the night before I was supposed to go, he forced me to have sex with him because he just couldnt wait that long.I thought, What am I doing with this guy? This wasnt a real relationship.Youd think that any interactions with a child predator would be scary, but my first moments with that coach?didnt scare me one bit. I was a gymnast, and he came up from Connecticut for a meet with our gym in Massachusetts, and then all of the gymnasts and coaches went to an amusement park together.I was 13 years old, and I remember thinking he was very handsome and exuberant and had this larger-than-life personality. He was 33, and everybody wanted to be around him. He was one of those people who made you think, I would like him to notice me.On that first day, we were all standing in line for a roller coaster, singing the Billy Joel song Captain Jack. He came up to us, a bunch of 13-year-olds, and was like, You know what that song is about, right? And we said, Its about a captain! Captain Jack? And he said, No, that song is about masturbation.And I dont know if Id even heard someone say that word out loud before -- and obviously never a gymnastics coach. Looking back, it was this icebreaker. He threw this word out there, and all of a sudden we went from being coaches and athletes to having an adult conversation. And every teenager wants that, right?At the end of the day he gave me a jacket from his gym, and I was the only person he gave one to, so I thought, This is somebody who is so interesting and everyone wants to be around him, and yet hes paying attention to me.I can trace everything back to that day. I wasnt the best gymnast in the gym, so his attention was a way for me to stand out. This amazing coach has noticed me. From that day onward, I was excited to see him, and wed see each other fairly often at gymnastics meets and at a summer camp.For two or three weeks in July, he and two other coaches would run a gymnastics camp. It was usually held on a college campus, and wed train during the day, stay in dorm rooms at night and do some normal summer camp things when we werent in the gym, such as campfires and talent shows.But it was far from a wholesome camp experience, at least for me. Once you became a junior counselor around age 14, you were a part of the staff, and although you still trained during the day, you were allowed to hang out with the coaches at night, drinking and playing games that included things like strip poker and group showers. And that sexual environment often carried over to the daytime workouts.Once, I finished a tumbling pass at camp and was walking past the coach when he turned to another coach and said, in front of me, Its taking all of my willpower not to go after that one. I was 14 years old, walking past him in a leotard.It didnt matter to me that this older coach shouldnt be making those comments. From my perspective, it was just nice to be noticed. This gymnastics camp was billed by our coaches as something special -- youre part of it, and its a family. Whatever happens here stays here. And if people didnt subscribe to this and stopped coming to the camp, they would be shunned. God, you didnt want to be outside the circle.As gymnasts, we were conditioned to show how tough we could be, how little emotion we could show. We were trained to say that nothing bothered us and not show any sign of fear or pain.It all clouded my ability to see that what was happening with this coach was wrong.The first time he kissed me was in a moving truck. I was 14. He was driving. It was at the end of camp, and we were bringing mats back to one of the gyms. I remember he asked me to come sit on his lap -- while the truck was speeding down the highway. My heart was racing, knowing that something was going to happen. I was completely inexperienced with boys at that point, and then all of a sudden my coach was French-kissing me.Not long after, we were alone, and he had me put my hand down his pants and touch his penis. I knew this was not normal, and afterward I felt sick to my stomach. I couldnt sleep. I couldnt talk to anybody the next day. Now when I look back, I can see clearly that it was a violation -- that I had trusted this person, and he went way too far. At the time, I thought I was ready for something like this. But when this very adult thing happened, I wasnt ready at all.We talked later about it on the phone, and he said, Maybe you cant handle this. Maybe you arent as mature as I thought you were. He was challenging me. I was supposed to rise to it, not shy away from it. So I said, No, no, I can handle this. I do want to be with you. And I actually thought we were in a consensual relationship.He would say, You cant tell anyone. I could go to jail. What we have is special; no one will understand. That never triggered in my mind that something was wrong. I wanted to think that we did have something special, and I never told anyone.He continued to pursue me. We had intercourse when I was 15. It wasnt pleasant -- it was painful. But I remember walking away and feeling proud of myself, like I got through it. It was like in gymnastics, when you do that move that youre so scared to do.The thing I was most scared of was getting caught, because I thought I was going to get in trouble. I thought I was the one doing something wrong.The turning point for me wasnt that abortion at age 18. It was about two years after that, when I was hanging out with a couple of the gymnasts he coached, and I heard about a woman he was dating. I thought that he was cheating on me, so I went back to his house, where Id been staying, and started searching for evidence.I found a letter one of his former athletes wrote to him, talking about how he manipulated her into having sex with him when she was 15. She said she remembered the first time he entered her and how she cried, and how he would bribe her with gifts and money not to tell anyone, that she would sneak out of her house to meet with him.I didnt understand. It felt like I was reading about myself. I started to realize that I wasnt special -- he had done the same thing in the past. He was a predator.dddddddddddd I couldnt believe there was another me out there.I confronted him about it, but he somehow twisted it around so that I was in the wrong for snooping in his house. He raged at me, and I was scared of his anger. I came away feeling guilty -- that I had done something wrong. And I wanted to believe that I was wrong about what Id found. So I didnt walk away, but I was very suspicious from that point forward, and finding that letter was the best thing that could have happened to me. It shifted my path forever.A few months later, he called me and told me that three women -- in addition to the woman who had written that letter -- had accused him of sexual abuse and that there would be an article coming out in the newspaper. He said he felt horrible that hed ruined so many peoples lives. It was the one moment when he displayed any sense of wrongdoing. Later, he would fight tooth and nail against the allegations. He said the girls were all older than 16, the age of consent, and that yes, he had relationships with them, but considered it dating because hed been only 25 at the time.I often wonder why I stuck by him as I watched the investigation go on. But I never felt a draw to stand beside these other women. There was a part of me that still wanted to hang on to this idea that his relationship with me was different.The accusations from those four women didnt lead to any criminal charges because they couldnt prove the girls had been under 16. But he was banned from USA Gymnastics in 1998. He could no longer be a member. He made a big deal out of it at the time, but I remember thinking that it didnt seem to have any impact on his life. Maybe parents didnt fully understand what had happened because he tried to garner a lot of sympathy, claiming it was all untrue and unfair. Only a few parents took their gymnasts out of his gym, and he competed with his team under different organizations instead of USA Gymnastics. He still was a director at the camp, and it seemed as if other coaches stood by him.When I look back at this, it makes me feel very frustrated by USA Gymnastics. I often think that I could have been saved if its policies were different. It all comes from the leadership down, and unless the leadership stands up and says, We are not going to tolerate this, nothing will change*. It needs to say, Anyone who crosses a toe over the line were drawing here is going to be out. You will be banned. Well talk to our sister organizations, and you wont be able to find a loophole and have access to kids. You cant run a gymnastics camp.I moved across the country shortly after he was banned to pursue a graduate degree and because I knew I needed to get away from him.After moving, I was talking to a fellow grad student who asked, So what was your longest relationship? I told him seven years, and he couldnt believe it. I told him it started when I was 14, and it was with someone 20 years older than me. It was the first time Id said any of this out loud.And this guy just looked at me and says, You know thats illegal, right? I felt like I had broken through into another universe, where there were clear lines and boundaries. I didnt have any of that in gymnastics. And I thought, Holy s---, what happened to me was wrong.I didnt want to bring him down, though. I just didnt want to be a part of it anymore. So I tried to reclaim my life far away from New England. But my part in it wasnt over.A close friend was training to be a therapist, and one day, in 2006, she talked to her own therapist about the way our gymnastics coaches had treated us. She also told her what had happened to me. And her therapist said, Thank you for sharing that with me. Im required by law to report this. It was just like that.The therapist told my friend that we could report it ourselves if we wanted to, or she would do it. I felt like my entire perspective shifted again. Even though I knew that it had been illegal, I still thought of the relationship as mostly consensual. Id never thought that what happened to me was a crime that needed to be reported right away, and for the first time I realized this could be happening to other girls, right then. I knew I had to report it.The process of going to trial would deter anybody from reporting sexual abuse. The district attorney warned me that it would feel like I was the one on trial. I didnt know what that meant when he said it, but I lived it. Everything that you do is under scrutiny. Your character is questioned. People blog about you and call you a liar and say this is unrequited love or youre just doing this to get attention.Throughout the three weeks of trial in 2010, the defense attorney would say things like, Are you sure you didnt lie in your journal? Or, Werent you a very mature 14-year-old? It was degrading and infuriating, and then we finally got to the end, and the prosecution team told me I needed to be prepared that the jury might come back with a not-guilty verdict.My heart was pounding when they read the verdicts, and I just froze when they said guilty on every count: rape of a child (three counts) and indecent assault and battery on a person over 14 (two counts). In the elevator as I left the courthouse, I collapsed and cried hysterically. I am so grateful for that jury.During the trial, many people had come forward with stories of abuse from the same man. I met the woman who had sent the letter that I had found in his house -- the letter that had changed my life. I remember this amazing sense of community, that all of these women whom Id never met before could tell the same story about their childhood as I could. There was so much positive energy in such a negative situation. We had been an army of women, and the pain wed suffered as kids was validated by that verdict.Ive had people tell me how strong I was to go to court and take this guy down. I know its meant as a compliment, and I try to hold on to that. But if I could go back and have none of this happen to me, I would do that in a second.When I look back on my childhood, I wonder who I would be without this experience. I still have nightmares that coaches are coming after me, looking for revenge. Im scared of when he gets out of jail. Its something that will always be with me, and I know I can never get those years of my life back.Some of the best people in my life have constantly reminded me that we are not our experiences -- that, as the quote says, we can take the lesson but leave the situation. And I do take this: We brought a group of women together who were so scared and alone, ashamed and hurt, and we created a community of survivors. And we made sure that this man could never hurt another girl.*In a statement to espnW, USA Gymnastics said?it received a complaint about the coach in 1997 from adults who had previously been athletes in USAG. The organization hired a retired FBI agent, who investigated the complaint and spoke with local authorities. The investigation resulted in the termination of the coachs professional membership, public notice of that termination and a lifetime ban on his participation in sanctioned competitions and other events. None of the existing USAG staff was with the organization at the time the original complaint was filed.It is heartbreaking and unacceptable for a young person to have the intolerable burden that results from being a victim of sexual misconduct, USAG chief executive officer Steve Penny said in the statement. We share the outrage that sexual assault victims and their families feel. This is why USA Gymnastics has implemented SafeSport training?and created educational materials that encourage members to contact law enforcement first when reporting incidents of abuse. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz