Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

24.08.2019 10:46
stopped, Detroit seemed to benefit. The Antworten

LIMOGES, FRANCE -- Defending Tour de France champion Chris Froome remains wary of the threat that Spaniard Alejandro Valverde still poses, even though the seasoned grand tour rider has declared that he is racing here to help Movistar teammate Nairo Quintana, from Colombia, win the event overall.Last year, Quintana was second overall and Valverde was third after their team led a planned two-pronged approach to the race. But this year Quintana is the top seed at Movistar, especially with Valverde having already raced the Giro dItalia in which he finished third behind Italian winner Vincenzo Nibali (Astana), who is also at the Tour to help Italian Fabio Aru (Astana), and Colombian runner-up Esteban Chaves (Orica-BikeExchange), who is not at the Tour but preparing for the Vuelta a Espa?a later this year.Speaking after Tuesdays fourth stage of the Tour -- 237.5km from Saumur to Limoges that was won in a bunch sprint by German Marcel Kittel (Etixx-QuickStep) from Frenchman Bryan Coquard (Direct-Energie) and Slovakian race leader Peter Sagan (Tinkoff) -- Froome said of Valverde: He seems to be in good [form]. I wouldnt be surprised if he is just [preparing] himself to ride GC [general classification] and have a two-pronged approach with Nairo. They definitely have the team to do it. Until he loses time, Ive got to treat him as a rival.There is much expectation that some clue of who could challenge for this Tour might be revealed in Wednesdays fifth stage, which is the first hill stage of this years 103rd edition. In the the 216km stage from Limoges to Le Lioran, the last five of six categorised climbs are in the last 80 kilometres. But in the last 40 kilometres, there are with two second category climbs -- the 5.4km Pas de Peyrol and the 4.4km Col de Perthus -- and the third category 3.3km Col de Font de Cère, after which there is a tricky descent to the finish with 2.5km to go.On Tuesday Sagan deflected questions about his chances in the stage. The world champion will start the stage with an overall lead of 12 seconds on second place Frenchman Julian Alaphilippe (FDJ), 14 seconds on third place Valverde and 18 seconds on a group of 22 riders, which includes all but four of the pre-Tour favourites, including Froome, who is fifth.I think its a bit too early to see a real GC battle, but its definitely somewhere where there will be time gaps, Froome said. Its not going to be a big bunch sprint. Its going to be a more select group coming to the line. Maybe a stage for someone like Alaphilippe or Valverde, [Irishman] Dan Martin [of Etixx-QuickStep who is 13th overall] maybe.Alberto Contador: The hardest Tour start of my career.Asked about his chances of defending the yellow jersey that he claimed by winning stage two on Sunday, Sagan said: I cant tell you now. I tell you tomorrow after the stage. But without a doubt he will do as he said he will, which is to try to hold on to the lead.The Slovakian was more candid about his Spanish teammate Alberto Contador, who began this Tour as one of the major overall contenders, but crashed in both stages one and two. Those crashes put Contador on the back foot. He is 54th overall at 1 minute, 6 seconds behind.How the race unfolds might reveal how much Contador has recovered from his crashes. But Sagan said: He is a very tough guy and has recovered well. I am sure he will be there.Contador, who has hurt his left and right sides in his fall and a calf muscle, said: Its hard for me to pedal sitting out of the saddle, but thats a question of time. I got through today without crashing, and thats the most important thing. Tomorrow is a hard day. I have to get ready mentally to take it on. This has been the hardest Tour start of my career.However, a yellow jersey change is likely, according to Jim Ochowicz, president of the American BMC Racing team, which has overall contenders in American Tejay van Garderen (15th overall at 18 seconds) and Australian Richie Porte (71st at 2 minutes, 3 seconds). Portes early time loss was due to a rear tyre puncture inside the last five kilometres of stage two.Asked if he foresees a leadership switch, Ochowicz told ESPN: Yes. I am not going to predict who, but there are some close contenders in terms of time. Alaphilippe has got the advantage right now being in second. He has probably got the upper hand.Ochowicz believes the stage could see two races: one for the stage win between a break of non-Tour contenders of riders who can climb; and a second between the overall favourites.You are going to see a lot more action than you have seen probably in any stage up till this moment -- probably a break right from the gun that could be more of a break that could make it to the finish, Ochowicz said.Ochowicz expects the Tour contenders to mark each other to see whats left in their legs, he said. Its the first time they are going to go up some real categorized climbs, and in doing so, they are going to push each other to a certain point where someone might have some potential weakness and others will take advantage of that.Ochowicz said there is still no change of leadership at BMC with Portes early demise. We stay focused on two leaders, and they will sort things out [on stage five] a little bit in the race. But I think they will both be probably coming in the group together, he said.Van Garderen said in a team statement that he is looking forward to racing in terrain better suited to him: Im really excited to head to the hills and get the GC sorted out a bit more. Well get a sense of whos going well and whos not. Richie and I did the recon [of the stage] together and its a tricky stage. Its not going to be as hard as the Pyrenees, but it will shake things up. Youre not going to see Sagan and [Mark] Cavendish up there. Luke Kuechly Panthers Jersey . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Brian Burns Jersey . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panthers-dj-moore-blue-jersey/ . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. Jordan Scarlett Panthers Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Brian Burns Panthers Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. DETROIT -- Cleveland manager Terry Francona has the luxury of knowing the Indians are headed to the postseason no matter what.So losing a rain-shortened game in late September -- in the final half-inning, no less -- doesnt sting as much as it could.Miguel Cabrera hit a tiebreaking three-run shot in the fifth moments before the game was halted for good, and the Detroit Tigers came away with a 6-3 victory over the Indians on Wednesday night. The games second rain delay began after that fifth inning and lasted 72 minutes before Detroit was awarded the win.Francona didnt seem too upset to lose in this fashion. Cleveland, which clinched the AL Central title Monday, plays the series finale at Detroit on Thursday afternoon, but there was no telling when the rain would stop.I think they did a good job of handling it, Francona said. Nobody wanted to stay here until three in the morning, knowing that tomorrow might be a long one too.The Tigers still trail Baltimore by one game for the American Leagues second wild card.The rain was a factor throughout the evening -- there was also a delay during the third inning -- and it was coming down when Detroit began its rally in the fifth. With two on and one out, Cabrera hit a line drive over the wall in right off Joseph Colon (1-3) for his 36th homer.When you score runs, anytime in the game, its big, Cabrera said. Doesnt matter rain, no rain, if the sun is coming out.There was actually a cheer from the crowd when the grounds crew emerged to put the tarp on the field at the end of the fifth.Blaine Hardy (1-0) won in relief of Michael Fulmer, who lasted only 3 1/3 innings.Before the game, it looked like a mid-game delay would likely hurt the Tigers, who were hoping for a big night from Fulmer. Cleveland was starting Zach McAllister, who has pitched almost exclusively in relief this year, so the Indians figured to be using their bullpen quite a bit anyway.But both times the game was stopped, Detroit seemed to benefit. The Tigers trailed 1-0 when tthe game was delayed 45 minutes in the third.dddddddddddd When it resumed, James McCann and Jose Iglesias hit consecutive doubles off reliever Cody Anderson, and Ian Kinsler followed with a two-run homer to put Detroit up 3-1.Fulmer came back after the delay and took the mound in the fourth. The rookie pitched to only three more batters before being lifted after an RBI single by Rajai Davis. Carlos Santana hit an RBI single later that inning to tie it.Fulmers ERA rose to 3.06, and unless he pitches again in the regular season, hell fall a few innings short of qualifying for the title.In the Detroit fifth, Iglesias led off with a line drive to right, which Lonnie Chisenhall misplayed for a single. He appeared to have trouble with either the lights or the rain. One out later, Cameron Maybin singled, bringing Cabrera up with two on.The field was getting a little sloppy there toward the end, Francona said. I understand there, they wanted to get to that fifth. I get it, I understand.ANOTHER CHANCE?Fulmer is at 159 innings and would need to reach 162 to qualify for the ERA title -- or 163 if the Tigers have to play a one-game tiebreaker for a postseason berth. The right-hander is lined up to pitch that potential tiebreaker Monday, if needed. Detroit could also conceivably use him in relief in one of these next few games, although manager Brad Ausmus seems hesitant to go that route.Fulmers ERA is at 3.057. Torontos Aaron Sanchez is close behind at 3.065 and is on track to start Sunday.TRAINERS ROOMTigers: 3B Nick Castellanos, who returned Tuesday night from a left hand injury, was in the starting lineup Wednesday and was 0 for 1.UP NEXTIndians: Cleveland sends LHP Ryan Merritt (0-0) to the mound for his first major league start Thursday, weather permitting.Tigers: Detroit starts LHP Daniel Norris (3-2).---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz