Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 103 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

29.08.2019 11:39
Auburns Carl Lawson actually clocks in as the Antworten

Hall of Famer Allen Iverson says the practice of resting healthy star players during the regular season reflects a new age in the NBA and would have been a big problem between him and his coach when he played.Its different to me, said Iverson, speaking to ESPN before the broadcast of Friday nights Los Angeles Lakers-Philadelphia 76ers game. I never thought anything like that would happen. A guy like myself would compete night in and night out -- tired, hurt -- you know what I mean? It doesnt matter. But to each his own. If it helps those guys and helps their team, then so be it.The topic became a flashpoint earlier this week when LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love stayed behind in Cleveland as the?Cavaliers?traveled to Memphis for the second night of a home-and-road, back-to-back series against the Grizzlies.It would have been a big problem, said Iverson, who once gained notoriety for repeatedly asking why reporters were asking him about practice in a news conference -- to the tune of repeating practice dozens of times. It would have definitely been a big problem. We would have had it out. And hopefully I would have come out on top.Its a strategy San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich also has employed in recent seasons and something that Houston Rockets coach Mike DAntoni earlier this week called on the NBA to examine, saying it wasnt fair for fans who had spent time and money in an effort to see the rested stars play.Iverson was a headliner in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fames 10-member Class of 2016 that was inducted in September. ?He was presented with his Hall of Fame jacket by fellow Sixers legend Julius Erving at halftime of Fridays game, a 100-89 loss for Philadelphia.He addressed the fans during the Wells Fargo Center ceremony and made another reference about his approach to resting games.I would never, ever, ever sit out a game if something wasnt broke ... I knew youd want to see me, Iverson said.Iverson also earlier discussed the role of fashion in todays NBA during the ESPN interview. Iversons casual dress habits were widely regarded as the impetus for a once-enforced dress code that mandated players to wear suits in public.Listen, man. I cannot believe they changed the dress code for me -- and the stuff I see these guys walk into the arena wearing, Iverson said. Oh my god. You know what I mean? I just cant believe it. Now that I know they were picking on me. They had to be. Cause this is bad. Its bad, man. Its bad. Dan Majerle Jersey . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. Mikal Bridges Suns Jersey .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.officialsunsfanstore.com/elie-okobo-suns-jersey/ . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Mikal Bridges Jersey . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. Grant Hill Suns Jersey . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Its no surprise that Alabama brings a formidable, aggressive defense that ranks among the nations best into the Iron Bowl.The twist: Now, Auburn can make the same claim.The 16th-ranked Tigers have the programs best defense in years coming into Saturdays showdown with the top-ranked Crimson Tide, which still probably sets the standard among college defenses.Its the best defense in college football, Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee. I think thats pretty obvious.Auburns is pretty good, too. Both have defensive fronts that can punish runners and quarterbacks alike, with playmakers in the secondary and linebackers who can cover some ground.The Tide ranks second nationally in scoring defense, giving up 11.4 points per game. Auburns allowing 14.3 points on average, seventh-best nationally.The Tigers havent ranked better than 48th in that category in the past seven seasons.Theyve improved greatly since last season, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said of Auburns defense. When we went into this season, we felt like this had a chance to be one of our better defenses, at least since Ive been here. Each week it seems like theyve gotten better.Theyre stopping the run very well. Were not giving up a lot of explosive plays in the pass or run game and our red zone defense has been excellent.The game features two defenses that excel at stopping the run but also some of the Southeastern Conferences best pass rushers.Alabama has Jonathan Allen (seven sacks), Tim Williams (8.0) and Ryan Anderson (6.5). Auburns Carl Lawson actually clocks in as the Iron Bowl leader with nine sacks, pairing with tackle Montravius Adams to lead a defensive front that is talented and fairly deep.Theyre very physical and aggressive, Tide coach Nick Saban said. Theyve got several very good pass rushers. A combination of all those things has made them probably the most effective front weve played aggainst all year.ddddddddddddThe same undoubtedly goes for Auburns offense. The Tigers lead the SEC in rushing, but face the nations best defense when it comes to stopping the run. Alabama opponents are averaging just 68.9 yards on the ground with only three rushing touchdowns.The fact that the Tide is also second nationally in sacks per game bolsters those numbers, too. Auburn, meanwhile, hasnt allowed a rushing touchdown in the past eight games.Alabama remains loaded with defensive stars. Allen is a finalist for the Bednarik Award given to the nations top defensive player. Leading tackler Reuben Foster is a Butkus Award finalist as the nations top linebacker.The Tide hasnt allowed a touchdown in the last nine-plus quarters despite having lost safety Eddie Jackson to a broken leg and having to shift cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick over. The defense has even scored nine TDs.Auburns defense has excelled in different ways. The Tigers trail only Florida nationally in red zone defense, allowing opponents to score just 67 percent of the time after penetrating the Tigers 20-yard line. Theyre also tops with 65 passes broken up.The game gives former colleagues a chance to match wits. First-year Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele worked on Alabamas staff two years ago in Lane Kiffins first season running the Tide offense.Kiffin has led a transformation of `Bamas offensive style that now features the running abilities of freshman quarterback Jalen Hurts.I personally think hes got a creative offensive mind, Steele said. Hes very quick and creative. He calls the game with no fear and his players do things he puts it in their hands to execute. He does a great job of that.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz