Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

04.09.2019 12:11
others who are relishing their opportunity t Antworten

JOLIET, Ill. -- Qualifying for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup playoff opener at Chicagoland Speedway was canceled because of rain Friday for the third consecutive year.The lineup for Sundays 400-mile race will be based on the playoff seeding, putting Kyle Busch on the pole with Brad Keselowski joining him on the front row.Denny Hamlin will start third, followed by Kevin Harvick,?Carl Edwards?and Martin Truex Jr. The 16 drivers who qualified for the 10-race playoff will all start at the front of the field.Busch is seeking his second straight Sprint Cup title. Hell need to advance past two elimination rounds to get into the group of four drivers eligible going into the last race Nov. 20 at Homestead.We kind of look at this round as dont make any mistakes, Busch said. Just kind of keep preparing yourself, keep getting ready for how the pressure will continue to rise.Rain started falling at midday and wiped out the only Sprint Cup practice scheduled at the 1.5-mile asphalt oval before the evening qualifying. The weather later cleared, and an hourlong Sprint Cup practice was added around dusk.Jimmie Johnson, who will start eighth Sunday, was the fastest in that session, followed by Edwards and Hamlin.Johnson has never won at Chicagoland and hasnt made it out of the second round in the two years of the elimination format.Theres a lot of optimism and a lot of great things happening, Johnson said. We just need to deliver consistently and execute at the track.Alex Bowman, filling in for Dale Earnhardt Jr.?as he recovers from a concussion, spun out in the closing seconds of practice trying to get onto pit road. He didnt appear to damage his car.Regan Smith, who will start 33rd based on the standings, left the track to return home after his wife went into labor. Ty Dillon filled in during the practice session, but its possible Smith will return for Sundays race.Big thanks to everybody who helped me back and those who offered, Smith tweeted after landing in North Carolina.With only 40 cars entered, none were eliminated without a qualifying session. The teams are scheduled for a final practice Saturday before the 267-lap race. Brian Propp Flyers Jersey . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Oskar Lindblom Flyers Jersey .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. http://www.hockeyflyersauthentic.com/robert-hagg-jersey/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. James Van Riemsdyk Flyers Jersey . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. RENTON, Wash. -- During his decade in Los Angeles, Pete Carroll felt the void.Even though USC football was the biggest thing in the Los Angeles area during the 2000s and Carroll was the architect behind the dominant Trojans, there was something missing in the football community without the NFL.It just didnt feel right, Carroll said. There was a hole there that was so obvious. Thats why the league was so adamant and so diligent about staying with it and eventually getting it done.Perhaps its just coincidence -- but most likely not -- that Carrolls Seattle Seahawks will be the first visiting NFL team to play in Los Angeles in 22 years when they face the Rams on Sunday. Six other teams will visit the Coliseum this season. Many of those will have a number of players from California, typically one of the top states for producing NFL players.But few of those will match the connections and history that the Seahawks have.There is still a connection. It was that deep of an experience with the fans and the school and the community and all that, Carroll said.Carroll has the most obvious history from his nine years as the head coach at USC. He arrived at USC under heavy scrutiny as a twice-fired NFL reject and made the Trojans champions again.I saw it really as an opportunity, Carroll said. Our first game we played San Jose State and there were like 40,000 people there. When theres 40,000 people in that stadium its like theres nobody home, its like a spring game. I was kind of disappointed, I was like, `This is what its like? It changed after a while. It was always obvious to me that there were tremendous opportunities.There are others who are relishing their opportunity to play in LA. Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner grew up 45 minutes from the Coliseum and hoped to play for the Trojans in college. He ended up at Utah State instead, making this weekend hhis first opportunity to play in the venerable stadium.ddddddddddddhen I saw that on the schedule I definitely was excited to not only play my first game in L.A., but to also play the first game since whenever it was, Wagner said. I think its a fun opportunity, we have a lot of California guys that are looking forward to it. Ive never gotten a chance to have all my family there. I have family who cant travel because of certain things, so to be 45 minutes away and have them come see a game, Im looking forward to it.Richard Sherman also has a lengthy history, one that Carroll would rather forget. During his time at Stanford, Sherman was part of two of the more memorable Cardinal wins at the Coliseum.Sherman caught a key fourth down pass on the winning drive of Stanfords 24-23 upset of USC in 2007 that ended the Trojans 35-game home winning streak. Two years later, Sherman came back as a cornerback and returned an interception 43 yards for a touchdown in Stanfords 55-21 blowout that became known as the Whats your deal game.Im sure its going to be huge for Pete, its going to be cool, Sherman said. He has a lot of good memories and some bad memories in that stadium. Its going to be fun. I have a lot of great memories, very fond.Game notes QB Russell Wilson practiced Wednesday despite the sprained right ankle suffered in Sundays win. His attitude is as charged up as you can imagine, Carroll said. ... Carroll said RB Thomas Rawls will get the start against the Rams. Christine Michael was the starter in the opener. ... RB C.J. Prosise is practicing this week but has a large protective club on his right hand after suffering a small bone fracture in the opener.---Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz