Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 99 mal aufgerufen
 Erstes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

04.09.2019 12:11
UT Arlington told him it could be a Antworten

HOUSTON -- Another lopsided loss on the road has the Houston Texans searching for ways to jumpstart their stalled offense.The Texans fell to 3-2 with a 31-13 loss at the undefeated Vikings on Sunday in a game that illustrated that quarterback Brock Osweiler has plenty of room for improvement.I need to play better, he said. I need to do my job better, and as an entire team we need to play better.Osweiler isnt off to a great start in his first season in Houston after the Texans lured him away from Denver this offseason with a massive $72 million contract. Hes thrown seven interceptions and just six touchdown passes.His seven interceptions are tied with Ryan Tannehill for third-most in the league behind former Houston quarterback Ryan Fitzpatricks 10 and Jameis Winston, who has eight entering Monday night.Osweiler leads an offense that ranks 29th in the NFL by averaging just 208.6 yards passing a game. Houstons offense was terrible on third downs on Sunday, converting just one of 13 opportunities. Osweiler often seemed frazzled in the pocket and once bounced a short pass to a wide open receiver.Of course, the quarterback isnt the only one to blame for Houstons woes. Hes playing behind a line that allowed four sacks on Sunday and that let him be hit 13 times against the Vikings.Despite Osweilers struggles, coach Bill OBrien refused to criticize him, instead taking the blame for the teams poor performance.I think overall Ive been happy with the way the guy has prepared, havent been happy with the way the offense has played, not blaming it on anybody, except right here, OBrien said pointing at himself.OBrien also didnt blame the line for not protecting Osweiler better, claiming that the excessive number of hits he took were because he didnt call the right plays.Another area of concern for this offense is that Osweiler failed to get the ball to star receiver DeAndre Hopkins enough to impact the game. Hopkins had a touchdown late on Sunday, but it was after the game was already out of hand.He finished with five receptions for 56 yards, but had no receptions at halftime. This came a week after Hopkins was limited to one catch for 4 yards in a win over the Titans.Didnt get involved until late (Sunday), we need to do that earlier obviously, OBrien said. We know what a player he is ... and so were going to work really hard to try to figure out how to get him the ball more often.Hopkins was asked about the struggles of the offense on Monday and how they can correct things to improve this week. He was unusually short in his response to this question and all other queries thrown his way.Working every day, he said. Nobodys perfect.Its clear that teams focus on limiting Hopkins every week and often double team him. Despite that, Osweiler knows that he has to do a better job of getting the ball to both him and rookie Will Fuller , who was held to one reception for 4 yards against Minnesota.The bottom line, if the receivers are not getting the ball, who is the first person you need to look at? It is me, Osweiler said.I need to play better and I need to find a way, regardless of what the defense is doing, to get those guys the football.As bleak as things looked on Sunday, the Texans still lead the AFC South , and a win against the Colts would push their cushion to two games against Indy in the division.Weve got a lot of good things ahead of us if we can correct a lot of these things, OBrien said.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Virgil van Dijk Liverpool Jersey . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. Jordan Henderson Jersey . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. http://www.footballliverpoolstore.com/Women-Joel-Matip-Liverpool-Jersey/ . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Andrew Robertson Liverpool Jersey . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. Mohamed Salah Liverpool Jersey .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. CHICAGO -- A.J. Burnett is set to return to the Pittsburgh Pirates rotation. Manager Clint Hurdle says the veteran right-hander will start Sunday against the Chicago Cubs after being sidelined the past month because of a strained right calf. Burnett apparently looked good enough in his bullpen sessions and simulated game that the Pirates decided a minor league rehab start was not necessary. Hurdle said Friday he didnt think his pitcher would be "as stimulated" as he would pitching at Wrigley Field. "He was able to stay involved in games, throwing throughout this process with the exception of the first couple of days," HHurdle said.dddddddddddd "First bullpen was what we expected. Simulated game, I thought we saw some good stuff. Next bullpen the timing and rhythm were really pretty sharp." Burnett is 4-6 with a 3.12 ERA in 14 starts, but even without him, the Pirates continue to roll along. They entered Fridays game against the Cubs with a major league-leading 52-32 record and a two-game lead over St. Louis in the NL Central. "Its been fun to watch," Burnett said. "In the dugout. Every pitch. Every swing. Every move we make, Im part of it, whether Im on the field or not. Its been awesome. Just cant wait to contribute. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz