Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

07.09.2019 10:02
reach the conference finals for the first Antworten

NEW YORK -- Trying to serve out the biggest victory of her career, 18-year-old Ana Konjuh was startled -- right along with everyone else under the roof in Arthur Ashe Stadium -- by a piercing noise coming from the U.S. Open arenas sound system during a ball toss.The Croatian teen recoiled, let the ball drop and put her left hand to her chest. Once Konjuh realized nothing bad was going on, she smiled, then resumed playing and finished off a 6-4, 6-4 upset of No. 4 seed Agnieszka Radwanska on Monday night to reach her first Grand Slam quarterfinal.I just said to myself, `Stay in the game. Dont rush, Konjuh said.Konjuh, who is ranked only 92nd, had never been past the third round at a major until this tournament. She was the junior champion at Flushing Meadows in 2013.A fearless big hitter, Konjuh compiled a 38-9 edge in winners against Radwanska, who is 27 and was the runner-up at Wimbledon in 2012.Radwanska is now 0-5 in fourth-round matches at the U.S. Open, the only Grand Slam event where she hasnt been to the quarterfinals at least once.I just couldnt do any more, I guess, today, Radwanska said. I was really trying. I was just too slow today.She wondered aloud at her news conference why the match was played with the new $150 million retractable roof atop Ashe shut. A shower briefly had interrupted the previous match, Andy Murrays victory over Grigor Dimitrov, just before its final game, but then the wet weather quickly disappeared.Before Konjuh vs. Radwanska began, the cover was closed atop the arena.Asked whether she was told why by a tournament official, Radwanska said: Well, the risk of rain. But, well, there was always risk of rain, I guess.Would she have preferred for the match to be played without the roof?I dont know what would happen if that would be open. Sometimes, she added, I just dont understand why theyre closing the roof.This year at the All England Club, Konjuh held three match points against Radwanska but lost their second-round match 9-7 in the third set after accidentally stepping on a tennis ball and injuring her right ankle during a point at 7-all.On Wednesday, Konjuh will face 10th-seeded Karolina Pliskova, who eliminated Venus Williams in three sets. Pliskova, who is 24, has never played in a major quarterfinal, either.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Courtland Sutton Youth Jersey . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Brian Dawkins Jersey . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. http://www.thebroncosstoreonline.com/Youth-Von-Miller-Broncos-Jerseys/ . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. Terrell Davis Broncos Jersey . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. Karl Mecklenburg Jersey . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3.DETROIT -- Detroit needed to win each of its last four games of the regular season just to get into the NHL playoffs for the 22nd straight season. After rallying from a 3-2 series deficit against Anaheim, the seventh-seeded Red Wings refused to be knocked out and credited that regular-season streak for getting them to the second round. "Those last four games really helped our team," Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg said. "We almost had a series before the post-season started." The Red Wings reward isnt much of a prize. The leagues top-seeded team, the Chicago Blackhawks, will host Game 1 on Wednesday night to start a best-of-seven series in which theyll be heavily favoured. During the regular season, Chicago beat Detroit in overtime once, twice in shootouts and added a 7-1 rout March 31 at Joe Louis Arena. "They had our number the regular season," Zetterberg said. "Its a great team. Theyre stacked with forwards. Theyre stacked in the back line. And they have a good goalie. Its going to be a tough series for us, but its going to be a fun one." Its also might be the last time the two Original Six teams play each other in the post-season for a long time. After this year, the next time they would meet in the playoffs, it would be for the Stanley Cup. The Western Conference rivals, who have split a dozen seven-game series, will be interconference foes next year because Detroit is headed to the Eastern Conference as part of the leagues realignment. The Red Wings might be able to play loose with nothing to lose because few outside of their dressing room will expect them to reach the conference finals for the first time since 2009. That year, Detroit eliminated Chicago in five games and wwas a win away from repeating as Stanley Cup champions.dddddddddddd Detroit is hoping to make another run this post-season, perhaps following the path the Los Angeles Kings did last year as the first team seeded eighth to win an NHL championship. "In the league right now, any team can beat any team," Red Wings defenceman Kyle Quincey said. "We said from Day 1, we knew it would be tough to get into playoffs and we battled all the way to the end. We just said to try to get in and see what happens. We saw what LA did last year and hopefully we can keep going and give Chicago a run." Detroit did outshoot the Blackhawks in three games, and had as many shots once. But the Red Wings couldnt score a clutch goal or make one more save in regulation, overtime or shootouts to win any of them. The Red Wings, though, have evolved into a different team than the last one Chicago saw April 12 in a 3-2 shootout win at the United Center. Detroit didnt get free agent defenceman Ryan Suter or forward Zach Parise in the off-season as both signed with Minnesota. But Detroits young defencemen, being forced to play a lot without Nicklas Lidstrom on the roster, have slowly matured and its inexperienced forwards have evolved into threats to score or set up teammates for goals. Goaltender Jimmy Howard has validated the teams decision to sign him to a six-year contract extension last month by making 70 saves over the last two games against Anaheim. While Howard insisted the Red Wings believe they can play with anybody, hes also not striking a cocky tone about trying to match up with Chicago. "Were going to have our hands full, lets be honest," he said. "Theyre a very deep team at every position." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz