Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Drittes Unterforum
mary123 Offline

15.10.2019 09:40
Sergio Martinez and Matthysse. M Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- Yasmani Grandal couldnt hit during the offseason after left shoulder surgery. Spring training wasnt much better, ever mindful of others advice on overdoing it and stressing his joint.Grandal kept watching video of his swing, working with the hitting coaches to regain his lost touch.It paid off in spades when he homered three times, driving in six runs in the Los Angeles Dodgers 10-6 win over the San Diego Padres on Friday night that snapped a three-game skid.Today just seemed like it was my day, he said. Ive been hitting the ball, hard contact; its not showing numbers-wise. I kept doing what I was doing and tried to make adjustments here and there.Grandal became the third Dodgers catcher to hit three homers in a game, joining Mike Piazza (1996) and Roy Campanella (1950).This is something hell always remember, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said.The teams combined for 28 hits and seven homers, including two by San Diegos Melvin Upton Jr. Justin Turner and Howie Kendrick added solo shots for Los Angeles.Grandal had a bunt single against the shift in the eighth, giving him a career-high five hits against this former team. He took a foul ball off his mask in the sixth. Grandal had hit .182 with two homers in 18 previous games against the Padres, who traded him to the Dodgers for outfielder Matt Kemp, who went 0 for 5.Both starters struggled mightily before leaving early. San Diegos Andrew Cashner gave up a career-high eight runs, while Los Angeles Scott Kazmir labored through a 31-pitch, 27-minute first inning in a game that lasted 3 hours, 45 minutes.Pedro Baez (2-2) got the win, allowing one hit in 2 2/3 innings of relief.Kazmir allowed three runs and six hits in a season-low three innings, struck out five and walked three.The first inning for me it was tough to get any type of rhythm, he said. I felt I was throwing the ball well, I just wasnt getting any outs.Cashner (3-7) lasted just 2 2/3 innings, giving up eight hits, including four homers, while striking out two and walking three. The Dodgers feasted on Cashners fastball, teeing off on it for their first eight runs.I didnt really command much of anything, Cashner said. Fastball was out of the zone, not even close, and when I did throw it for a strike it was down the middle.Upton led off the fourth with his 16th homer of the season on the first pitch from Louis Coleman, leaving San Diego trailing 8-4. Upton has seven homers in his last 12 games. Coleman gave up three runs and four hits in one-plus innings.The Dodgers extended their lead to 7-3 in the third. Grandal hit a three-run homer and Kendrick followed with a solo shot, making it the second time this week and this season that the team had back-to-back homers.The Padres cut their deficit to 4-3 in the second on Uptons two-run homer.Los Angeles took a 4-1 lead in the first, scoring all its runs with two outs. Turner got things going with his solo homer. Adrian Gonzalez singled and scored -- going wide to avoid the tag with his left hand on the plate -- on Yasiel Puigs double. Grandal followed with his first home run of the game, driving in Puig.San Diego catcher Derek Norris left the game in the fourth with a right quad contusion, the result of a first-inning collision with Chase Utley. Alexei Ramirez grounded into a bases-loaded fielders choice to Utley at second and Norris ran into him, causing them both to fall down. Norris was out on runners interference.Theres only one way in the world that run was not going to score, for him to create contact and get that call on interference, Padres manager Andy Green said of Utley. Its very frustrating to have one of your players get hurt from somebody else creating the collision and having your guy get called out at the same time.STARTING IN CENTER FIELDFrom Oklahoma City to starting in center field for the Dodgers was Andrew Toles. The 24-year-old outfielder had his contract purchased Friday and he made his major league debut after being out of baseball last year because of personal issues.He doubled in the second for his first big-league hit.Toles started for the Triple-A team Thursday night against Omaha and then caught an early flight to the West Coast. He began the season with Single-A Rancho Cucamonga and moved on to Double-A Tulsa before joining OKC.He was on the radar because he can really hit, Roberts said.Regular center fielder Joc Pederson is on the DL and the team has a short bench, leading to Toles promotion.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: RHP Tyson Ross (shoulder inflammation) reported discomfort in his twisted left ankle after playing catch from 120 feet at flat ground. There are no scheduled plans for him to throw off a mound. ... 2B Cory Spangenberg (pulled hamstring) was shut down midway through base-running drills during a rehab session and will be re-evaluated by team doctors.Dodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaw is due to come off the DL after the All-Star break, but he will need additional time. Roberts said Kershaws back is improving daily, but the team wont put a timetable on him. ... Pederson is in Arizona, hasnt swung a bat yet and the team isnt sure how soon hell return after the break.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Luis Perdomo (3-3, 7.93 ERA) tossed a career high-tying six innings in his previous start Monday at Arizona, giving up three runs (two earned) and nine hits. He struck out five and walked none.Dodgers: RHP Brandon McCarthy (1-0, 0.00) makes his second start of the season after coming off the DL last weekend. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Custom Boston Red Sox Jerseys . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. https://www.cheapredsox.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Boston Red Sox Pro Shop .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Red Sox Jerseys 2020 .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. CARSON, Calif. -- Hampered by a hurting hip, Marcos Maidana absorbed everything Josesito Lopez could throw at him for two rounds. When Maidana got his legs back under him, the Argentine brawler made sure Lopez didnt get another chance. Maidana stopped Lopez late in the sixth round of their welterweight bout Saturday night, finishing a tumultuous fight with a merciless rally for his third straight victory. Maidana (34-3, 31 KOs) absorbed ample punishment from Lopez in a back-and-forth meeting of two willing brawlers, with Lopez particularly dominating the third and fourth rounds after Maidana took a shot to the hip. But Maidana rallied and knocked down Lopez with an overhand right in the sixth, following it with a crushing right uppercut that left Lopez wobbly and glassy-eyed, forcing the stoppage. "My character and my guts got me this victory," Maidana said through a translator. "In the second round, he hit me in my hip, and it was like I was paralyzed. The pain lasted for two rounds, and thats when he landed the shots. But my desire to win got me through it. He underestimated my power, and I knew I could knock him out." Maidana has won five of his last six bouts, and this victory should set him up for a big-money fight against another welterweight star, or even fellow Argentine Lucas Matthysse in the future. Cubas Erislandy Lara also survived the first two knockdowns of his career and stopped Alfredo Angulo in the 10th round of a similarly entertaining 154-pound bout in front of a sellout crowd outdoors at Home Depot Center. Lara was knocked down in the fourth and ninth rounds by the brawling Angulo, but the former Cuban amateur star apparently broke Angulos orbital bone around his left eye while peppering him with dozens of big shots. Angulos face was reddened and badly damaged when he abruptly turned his back and walked to his corner in the 10th, in too much pain to continue. The ringside doctor sent Angulo to a hospital. The main event matched that bouts excitement and violence. Maidana came out with his usual aggression, knocking back Lopez in the first two rounds, but Lopez (30-6) replied with big combinations and more push in the third and fourth. Maidana went to the canvas in the fourth, but it was ruled a slip. Maidana rallied again in the fifth, and he finished the fight with Lopez trapped on the ropes when referee Lou Moret stepped in. "I felt like it was a premature stoppage," said Lopez, who has lost three of his last four bouts. "He hurt me a little, but were professionals, and we fight in situations like that. He stunned me with a good right hand, but I was not out of the fight." Lopez led 48-47 on two judges scorecards at the time of the stoppage, with Maidana leading 48-47 on the third. The biggest crowd in Home Depot Center history packed the outdoor stadium south of downtown Los Angeles, filling the site of several memorable brawls in recent years. Golden Boy promoter Richard Schaefer said the 8,629 fans surpassed the previous attendannce record for Israel Vazquezs third fight with Rafael Marquez on March 1, 2008.dddddddddddd Lopez was a popular second-tier fighter from nearby Riverside, Calif., until he caught a wave of success for the past year since his stunning upset victory over Victor Ortiz at Staples Center last June. Lopez, a late replacement for Andre Berto in the bout, broke Ortizs jaw and forced the former welterweight champion to quit on his stool after the ninth round. Lopez parlayed his self-described "Rocky moment" into a lucrative bout with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez last September in Las Vegas, giving a decent challenge to the 154-pound Mexican champion before getting stopped in the fifth round. Moving back down to a more comfortable weight, Lopez accepted a difficult matchup with Maidana, one of the sports most exciting fighters. Maidana, who also beat Ortiz in June 2009 to make his international name, defeated Mexican star Erik Morales and lost decisions to Amir Khan and Devon Alexander recently, cementing a spot among Argentinas top fighters with Sergio Martinez and Matthysse. Maidana has been with respected trainer Robert Garcia for more than a year, but still hasnt lost the instincts that made him an entertaining fighter. Even before Maidana and Lopez hit the ring, the show could have been stolen in the penultimate bout. Lara outboxed Angulo in the opening three rounds, picking him apart with left hands and short shots inside -- but Angulo abruptly changed the story in the fourth round when he knocked Lara to the canvas with a big left hand. Lara got up unsteadily, but recovered to survive the round. Although Lara fought a smarter, more efficient bout in the ensuing rounds, he went down again in the ninth when Angulo caught him with another left hand, punctuating the shot by standing over the fallen Lara. The Cuban got up -- and he finished the fight in the 10th with one last big combination to Angulos face with 1:10 left. Angulo absorbed the shots, but abruptly turned his back and walked to his corner while Lara celebrated the win. "I was still winning the fight, even when he knocked me down," Lara said through a translator. "I knew I was going to stop him in the later rounds. He caught me with good shots, (but) I fought too hard to get here, through shark-infested waters in Cuba, to let a few knockdowns get in my way. Angulo had good power, but I used my movement and stepped and slid around him and landed my big left hand." Lara led 85-84 on two judges scorecards at the time of the stoppage, and Angulo led 86-83 on the third card. The Associated Press also had Lara up 85-84. "I wanted to stand in front of him and give the fans a good fight," Lara said. "Thats when I got caught." Earlier, junior middleweight prospect Jermell Charlo kept his unblemished record with a narrow unanimous decision over Demetrius Hopkins, the nephew of Bernard Hopkins. The cautious technical bout didnt impress the sellout crowd, which booed both fighters. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz