Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 125 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

16.10.2019 08:51
also said he owes Fishher a lot for standing by Antworten

Colin Kaepernick and Joe Williams live half a world apart but they stand side by side when it comes to racial injustice.NFL star Kaepernick has attracted worldwide headlines for his silent protests about what he believes is the oppression of black people in the U.S, while Williams, a former professional rugby league player and boxer, has been a long-serving campaigner on similar issues for Indigenous Australians.Kaepernicks decision to kneel during the American national anthem has divided opinion across the world; some have praised him for having the courage of his convictions while many others have slammed him for adding further strain to a nation already on edge.Williams leaves no doubt that he is firmly in support of Kaepernick, and he recently called on Indigenous NRL players to follow the Americans lead by kneeling during future renditions of Australias anthem. Williams said to ESPN, however, that the message would be much more powerful if it were delivered by a white player.The non-indigenous people over in the States that are taking a knee need to be applauded, and it would mean more for a white person to take a knee here in the NRL, Williams told ESPN.People ask me why is it that I want the black people to kneel down during the anthem, but I want the white people to kneel down, too.Kaepernicks actions are being played out in front of a worldwide audience, but he is by no means a pioneer when it comes to this type of protest; Williams refused to stand for Advance Australia Fair 20 months before Kaepernick first started his protest.Willims survived a suicide attempt in 2011, since then he has used his experience to carve out a successful career as a youth worker and motivational speaker. His efforts were recognised with a Citizen of the Year Award in his home town of Wagga Wagga in the New South Wales Riverina region, but its never been personal recognition that Williams craves; rather, he seeks the recognition of his people, Indigenous Australians, and hence he refused to stand for the national anthem during the Australia Day award ceremony on Jan. 26, 2015 because the anthem doesnt represent us, the Indigenous community, at all.I cant stand it, Williams told ESPN.It reminds me of bloodshed -- rape, torture, bloodshed and the loss of innocent lives.Why do you think I called on the NRL players to do it?When I did it, I was seen as a disgruntled little black boy; but if the NRL boys did it then theyd be disgruntled black boys on a national stage.Kaepernicks doing his protest on a much bigger scale so whats saying our rugby league players cant do it, or our AFL players cant do it?Williams believes Australia has a long way to go before it can genuinely claim to be free of racism, but he did acknowledge that the nation is slowly changing for the better.The 33-year-old revealed that he was target of several racial slurs little more than a decade ago during his NRL career at South Sydney, Canterbury and Penrith, although he accepts the taunts werent intended as anything other than harmless fun.He acknowledges those days are gone but points out that a number of incidents at sporting events over the past few years are evidence that an ignorant element continues to lurk within the fabric of Australian society.You only have to look at the Adam Goodes incident, Williams told ESPN.Its disappointing but its expected because Australias a racist country.Dane Gagai was also racially slurred during a Newcastle NRL game earlier this year.My friend heard that from another bay away; there wouldve been at least 30 people that heard it very close to them that didnt do anything about it.What you ignore is what you accept. Kent Bazemore Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Clyde Drexler Blazers Jersey . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. https://www.blazerslockerroom.com/Hassan-Whiteside-City-Edition-Jersey/ .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. C.J. McCollum Blazers Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Mario Hezonja Jersey . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- No one on Florida States roster knows more about bouncing back after getting knocked down more than Matthew Thomas.For the first time in four years, the junior linebacker is living up to the potential many saw when he was recruited in 2013. Thomas leads the 13th-ranked Seminoles in tackles going into Saturdays game at South Florida.Florida State (2-1) is trying to bounce back after a 43-point loss last Saturday at Louisville. Considering that during the past three-plus seasons Thomas has dealt with shoulder injuries, the death of a parent and being academically ineligible, the blowout win by the Cardinals is just a small roadblock.Last year at this time Thomas was on the sidelines watching his teammates and wondering if he would ever play football or even remain at Florida State.I know I put myself in a lot of bad situations, bad predicaments. I dug myself in a hole, so I just had to get myself out of them he said. I may take some hits, but I get back up.Coach Jimbo Fisher said earlier this week that Thomas finally started maturing and understanding the importance of trying to revive his career.Hes really turned into a really good player for us, but more importantly becoming a very good leader, Fisher added.Thomas credits running back Dalvin Cook and defensive end DeMarcus Walker for their emotional support last year. Cook and Thomas are both Miami natives while Walker first met Thomas at a high school all-star game in 2013.Besides dealing with injuries and academics, Thomas was also struggling with the loss of his mother, Mariska Nyon, in January of 2015. As a five-star prospect at Booker T. Washington, Thomas wanted to attend Southern Cal but it was his mom who wanted him to go to Florida State.Thomas oldest brother has moved up to Tallahassee and has also provided emotional support.Thomas also said he owes Fishher a lot for standing by him and keeping his word to his mother that Fisher would support him.ddddddddddddBesides maturity, another thing players and coaches have noticed is that Thomas is having more fun. He is the first to acknowledge that the game wasnt fun due to the repeated shoulder injuries. Thomas had shoulder surgery last spring and this is the one the healthiest stretches he has had at FSU.When asked how he would assess the first three games, Thomas said he still feels as if he is rusty. He remains a physical tackler that some have compared to former FSU standout Telvin Smith, who is in his third season with the Jacksonville Jaguars.Thomas has 20 tackles, including two for loss. He is one of the quickest players on the defense but has been tentative at times by thinking too much on the field. Thomas and the Seminoles defense has struggled against option teams and face another test on Saturday against South Floridas high-scoring offense.The 3-0 Bulls have rushed for over 200 yards in eight straight games and have scored 45 points or more in their last three.I still feel like Im getting right a little bit with different situations and different atmospheres, he said. I dont want to mess up. I just want to make my teammates proud, make my couches proud. So Ive been trying stay on point.Right now, Thomas teammates are just happy that he is on the field and making plays.As time went by he saw the door closing. At the last minute, he grabbed it and opened it, Walker said. Im glad hes my teammate and hes bought in.---Online: The APs college football page: http://collegfootball.ap.org---Follow Joe on Twitter: www.twitter.com/joereedy and his work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/journalist/joe-reedy ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz