Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 158 mal aufgerufen
 Zweites Unterforum
mary123 Offline

16.10.2019 08:51
Milwaukee errors and fielding miscues. Antworten

Standing, kneeling or gesturing in support of Colin Kaepernicks national anthem protests has come at a cost for the dozen NFL players who have joined the cause against social injustices. Theyve faced vitriolic, sometimes racist reactions, forfeited some of their fan base, and at least one has lost endorsements.None is deterred by the backlash.No, its worth it, said Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall, insisting that while hes disheartened by evaporating endorsements , Twitter trolls and the burning of a T-shirt in front of team headquarters this week, hes also undaunted.Its an evil world. Its a hateful world. Im not here to spread hate. Im not here to respond to the hate. Im here to spread love and positivity, Marshall said. Im a likable guy. I was once a fan favorite for a reason. Its cool, because people can call me n-word or cuss at me or say they wish I would break my neck all they want. Theres no backlash from me. Hate cant drive out hate. Only love can drive out hate.Detractors accuse protesting players of being unpatriotic or disrespecting the American flag. Marshall said hes also gotten lots of love from military veterans saying they fought for his right to peacefully protest as much as they did for those who stand and salute the Stars and Stripes.Marshall played at Nevada with Kaepernick , who began this movement last month by refusing to stand for the anthem during San Franciscos preseason games as a protest to racial oppression and police brutality in the United States.While Kaepernick saw sales of his jersey skyrocket, Marshall has faced financial repercussions for taking a knee during the national anthem on opening night.Marshall lost endorsements from the Air Academy Federal Credit Union and CenturyLink before music mogul Russell Simmons offered him a deal with Rushcard this week.So, I lost two endorsements and gained one, said Marshall, insisting it was better to have a single company standing behind him than two so quick to bail.When you really think about it, I didnt breach my contract. I didnt get arrested. I didnt do anything to defame the team or CenturyLink or Air Academy. I just exercised my first amendment rights, Marshall said. And they dropped me for that. Im proud of what I did because I didnt do anything wrong or hurtful by any stretch.Thats not what many critics are telling him and others who have joined Kaepernick.Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane and 49ers safety Eric Reid took a knee in support of Kaepernick in the preseason. Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters raised a black-gloved fist during the anthem Sunday in a scene reminiscent of U.S. sprinters Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.Four Dolphins kneeled on the sideline with their hands on their hearts as The Star Spangled Banner played in Seattle: running back Arian Foster, safety Michael Thomas, wide receiver Kenny Stills and linebacker Jelani Jenkins. Titans defensive lineman Jurrell Casey, cornerback Jason McCourty and linebacker Wesley Woodyard raised their right fists after the national anthem ended.McCourtys brother, Devin, raised his fist along with Martellus Bennett before New Englands win in Arizona. Defensive end Robert Quinn and receiver Kenny Britt of the Rams also stood with their fists in the air Monday night.We waited until after the national anthem, explained Bennett, who was born on a Navy base in San Diego. I support the flag. I love America. I dont want to live anywhere else. But theres still some (messed up things) going on around the world.He said he wasnt worried about any consequences, financial or otherwise.What you can do for humanity and society is a lot bigger than a dollar you can get, Bennett said. It shows you how big it is that guys are willing to lose their endorsement to bring attention.Foster said the NFL players are the latest conduit for a message thats been out there for decades.Its more important to create a healthy dialogue, Foster said. Its easy for you to sit here and say `Shut up you stupid n------ instead of saying `Why do you feel like that? Its just so easy to hate. If you really proclaim to be a true American, freedom runs in our bloodline, right? Its supposed to. If somebodys telling you they dont feel like theyre free, why dont you listen to them?President Barack Obama has who said its a constitutional right to protest peacefully. But the players have been targeted on Twitter, insulted on Instagram, and ridiculed in public.Marshalls lost deals are the only known endorsements pulled over the protests.I dont have a lot of endorsements ... so Im not really worried about losing endorsements, said Tennessees McCourty, who has a deal along with his twin brother to promote Palmers Cocoa Butter.Marshall, who has pledged to donate to military charities, met with Denver police chief Robert White this week. Marshall accepted his invitation to participate in a shoot-or-dont-shoot training simulator and to go on a ride-along with police officers.Kneeling really was just to bring attention to the issues, an awareness factor -- a symbol -- so to speak, said Marshall. Just like the flag is a symbol.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---AP Pro Football Writer Teresa Walker and AP Sports Writers Josh Dubow, Greg Beacham, Tim Booth, Kyle Hightower, Dave Skretta and Tim Reynolds contributed. Marlins Jerseys China . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. Marlins Jerseys 2019 . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/ . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Miami Marlins Pro Shop .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Fake Marlins Jerseys . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. MILWAUKEE -- Matt Garza knows all about the trade speculation. It certainly didnt distract him Thursday against the Brewers. The right-hander struck out 10 in seven solid innings and Dioner Navarro hit a three-run homer, sending the Chicago Cubs to a 7-2 victory over Milwaukee. Garza can become a free agent after the season and is expected to be one of the top pitchers available on the trade market as the July 31 non-waiver deadline approaches. "Somebody asked me today, Well, do you sit by your phone?" Garza said. "I said, No. No phone calls. No worries, guys. Im not too worried about it, just going to keep plugging away every five days." Garza (3-1) had his third consecutive strong outing. He allowed one run on eight hits and a walk while throwing 101 pitches. He spent the first seven weeks of the season on the disabled list with a left lat strain sustained in spring training. Garza was making his eighth start since returning on May 21, and has given up only two earned runs over 22 innings in his last three outings. "I like where Im at, and Im just going to try to keep improving," he said. The Cubs broke the game open with four runs in the third, capped by Navarros seventh homer. Milwaukee made a pair of errors and all the runs in the inning off Wily Peralta (5-9) were unearned. "Every opportunity I get Im going to try to do the best I can," said Navarro, who has 89 at-bats this year. "I obviously dont try to hit a homer every time I go to the plate, but I try to get good swings. I feel that I hit the ball pretty good the four times today. I was fortunate enough to get one." Peralta gave up seven runs, three earned, on eight hits and a walk while striking out two in five innings. He allowed the leadoff batter to reach base on singles in each of the first four innings, and three of those runners scored. "We played really poorly behind him," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. "He didnt make pitches. He didnt pitch as well as he did last time but I was glad he came out and at least kept us in the ballgame and was able to give us five innings." Milwauukees Juan Francisco homered for the third consecutive game, his ninth this year, but committed a costly error in the third that led to three unearned runs.dddddddddddd For the second consecutive game, the Cubs took advantage of Milwaukee errors and fielding miscues. Ryan Sweeney singled leading off the second inning, stole second and moved to third on a wild pitch. Brian Bogusevic, starting in left field for the second straight game in place of Alfonso Soriano, doubled down the left-field line to score Sweeney and make it 1-0. One out later, Darwin Barneys liner went off Peraltas glove for a single that scored Bogusevic. Starlin Castro led off the third with a single and stole second. One out later, Sweeneys liner to left went off the glove of Caleb Gindl for a two-base error, making it 3-0. Anthony Rizzo struck out for the second out. Bogusevic then hit a hard grounder to third, and Aramis Ramirezs throw to first was in time but went off Franciscos glove for the second error of the inning. Navarro followed by hitting the first pitch from Peralta down the right-field line for a three-run homer to make it 6-0. "Nobody wants to make errors, but its going to happen," Peralta said. "I still have to execute, make pitches and pick up my team, but I wasnt able to do that." An error by second baseman Rickie Weeks in the fourth inning Wednesday night allowed two unearned runs to score in a 5-4 Cubs win over the Brewers. NOTES: Cubs prospect Jorge Soler has a stress fracture in his left leg and will be out four to six weeks. Soler was selected to the World Team for the All-Star Futures Game, but will be unable to play. He was batting .281 with eight home runs and 35 RBIs in 55 games for Class-A Daytona. ... The game began with the roof open, but when rain threatened it was closed in the fifth inning. ... Sean Halton made his major league debut with a pinch-hit single in the fifth for Milwaukee. He was recalled from Triple-A Nashville before the game. ... Weeks extended his hitting streak to 11 games. Brewers SS Jean Segura ran his streak to 10 games. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz